Ultrasound

Ultrasound

Danielle
Danielle

June 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm #1

Hello everyone. I am just popping over from the High FSH board. I was wondering how soon people saw anything on their ultrasounds. I had an ultrasound this past monday, which was 7 days post iui, and the tech saw what she thought might be a gestational sac. Is this possible?

Thank you everyone!!!

Sara H
Sara H

June 29th, 2012, 8:16 pm #2

To me it feels really early but I can't imagine she'd mention it if it were not ~possible~ but it would be really amazingly small to see, I believe?

I mean: You had your IUI, hopefully things met up on time, fertilized, floated around for a bit and found a nice place to settle... but that process usually takes a few days, I believe, and then growth happens from there...

I did find this:
"The first that you can usually see on a transvaginal ultrasound (around 5+ weeks) is the gestational sac (GA). The gestational sac is a structure that surrounds the embryo and can be seen even before the embryo is visible. About 7-10 days later the embryo can be seen on transvaginal ultrasound at around 6w3d plus the fetal heart beat.
You cannot usually see the pregnancy on a transvaginal ultrasound until a blood hCG level of at least 1,500."
(From:http://www.babymed.com/ultrasound/earli ... -pregnancy)

Have you had a beta? Did you get a positive POAS?

So, I would say is it possible, yes. And finger's crossed the tech was amazingly right!
Good luck, hoping for you!
Sara H

Alli
Alli

June 30th, 2012, 12:29 pm #3

Hello everyone. I am just popping over from the High FSH board. I was wondering how soon people saw anything on their ultrasounds. I had an ultrasound this past monday, which was 7 days post iui, and the tech saw what she thought might be a gestational sac. Is this possible?

Thank you everyone!!!
I did have an empty gestational sac with a beta of around 700.