Ugh- Ate alfalfa spouts

Ugh- Ate alfalfa spouts

Tanya
Tanya

June 8th, 2011, 5:20 pm #1

I just got back from lunch and it just occurred to me that my Thai food had some alfalfa spouts that I ate! I dont know what I was thinking because I know better and Im usually so careful. I think I'm just so tired, it didn't register for some reason.
I am so mad at myself right now. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2011, 6:31 pm #2

I can't tell you how many pepperoni and provolone Blimpies I had before I learned that deli meats are a no-no. I'm sure you will be fine and actually see it as a positive that you were able to hold down the Thai food!

Tanya
Tanya

June 8th, 2011, 6:41 pm #3

SOOO much for responding! I am so mad at myself right now. I already called Becky at Cooper and I'm waiting for her to call back. She is going to think I'm really crazy if she doesn't already because I was crying in my message.
In addition to my craving for desserts, I LOVE spicy food

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2011, 6:46 pm #4

she'll understand your nervousness throughout all of this. You'll have an understanding person on the other end and not a jerk like my old OB.

I love spicy food too and have enjoyed it all throughout so far without any issues. I just pop a couple of TUMS and I'm good!

Tanya
Tanya

June 8th, 2011, 6:57 pm #5

Becky just called me back and because I was crying in my message, she thought I was saying I was having an allergic reaction to brussell sprouts. She said I will be fine, the placenta isnt even fully formed yet. The concern would be if I start to get sick then call my family doctor.
Now I can go back to worrying about my ultrasound tomorrow

Looks like Ill be sending Becky flowers next

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2011, 7:16 pm #6

an allergic reaction to brussel sprouts!!! OK - so maybe for that she did think for a moment "this girl's crazy!" Calling her IF nurse because she's allergic to brussel sprouts?! That's hilarious!

anonymous
anonymous

June 8th, 2011, 9:11 pm #7

I just got back from lunch and it just occurred to me that my Thai food had some alfalfa spouts that I ate! I dont know what I was thinking because I know better and Im usually so careful. I think I'm just so tired, it didn't register for some reason.
I didn't know those were a no-no during pregnancy. Can someone elaborate why? What other things are no-no?

Bethpky
Bethpky

June 9th, 2011, 1:54 am #8

especially deli meats. You'll be fine.

The conversation with nurse Becky cracked me up, too! Anxiety over a fought for pregnancy and the raging hormones have left all of us in tears at some point!

Hope everything continues on a happy path!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 9th, 2011, 12:03 pm #9

I didn't know those were a no-no during pregnancy. Can someone elaborate why? What other things are no-no?
but for now here's a start

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregna ... avoid.html

MargieD
MargieD

June 9th, 2011, 12:17 pm #10

Had no idea deli meat was on the list!! n/t