Traveling at 11 weeks Pregnant?

Traveling at 11 weeks Pregnant?

Tanya
Tanya

November 29th, 2010, 4:18 pm #1

My DH and I had been talking about taking a small vacation the week after Christmas which puts me at 11 weeks. Well my DH decided to surprise me and bought the airline tickets to Florida (Disney World). I know he meant well but I dont have my first OB appointment until 12/21. I called my OBs office and talked to the nurse and she said I would really need to talk to the doctor but her personal feeling is she would not recommend it. Im torn on what I should do.
I dont want to put my life on hold anymore then I already have but at the same time I dont want to jeopardize this pregnancy. What would you recommend?
Thanks!
Tanya

Shipin
Shipin

November 29th, 2010, 4:31 pm #2

Best is to take a doctor's suggestion. See if u can get on Dr Check's callback list for this thrusday and discuss with him. My OB had mentioned that the best time to travel is all your 2nd trimester when we were planning our trip. Also remember that if u r going to Disney u will not be able to take many rides as most of them have restrictions for Pg women. Sorry to be a spoil sport but just thought to remind u in case u missed.
However in the end ... every Pg is different and ur Doctor is the best judge for you. So check with him.

Shipin
Shipin

November 29th, 2010, 4:34 pm #3

That its really sweet of your husband to surprise u with this trip . I can understand how tough it must be for u to put this in second thought and not just jump away and say YESSSS!!! and start packing .

tanya
tanya

November 29th, 2010, 4:36 pm #4

Best is to take a doctor's suggestion. See if u can get on Dr Check's callback list for this thrusday and discuss with him. My OB had mentioned that the best time to travel is all your 2nd trimester when we were planning our trip. Also remember that if u r going to Disney u will not be able to take many rides as most of them have restrictions for Pg women. Sorry to be a spoil sport but just thought to remind u in case u missed.
However in the end ... every Pg is different and ur Doctor is the best judge for you. So check with him.
It was incredibly sweet of my DH but you are right that most of the rides have restrictions. I was hoping you would say "Sure go ahead" but I know you are right in my heart.
I'll call the airline this afternoon and cry to try to get a refund. That shouldn't be hard since everything/ anything makes me cry these days.

bethpky
bethpky

November 29th, 2010, 4:37 pm #5

That its really sweet of your husband to surprise u with this trip . I can understand how tough it must be for u to put this in second thought and not just jump away and say YESSSS!!! and start packing .
That's a really kind thing to do. I don't think you'll be able to ride many rides, but there are all kinds of shows and other attractions.

bethpky
bethpky

November 29th, 2010, 4:38 pm #6

It was incredibly sweet of my DH but you are right that most of the rides have restrictions. I was hoping you would say "Sure go ahead" but I know you are right in my heart.
I'll call the airline this afternoon and cry to try to get a refund. That shouldn't be hard since everything/ anything makes me cry these days.
I'm the master at getting out of hotel rooms, airline flights, etc.!

If you really love rides, I'd postpone until after the delivery. But, then you'll be busy with a new baby (so worth it!).

Alli
Alli

November 29th, 2010, 4:51 pm #7

My DH and I had been talking about taking a small vacation the week after Christmas which puts me at 11 weeks. Well my DH decided to surprise me and bought the airline tickets to Florida (Disney World). I know he meant well but I dont have my first OB appointment until 12/21. I called my OBs office and talked to the nurse and she said I would really need to talk to the doctor but her personal feeling is she would not recommend it. Im torn on what I should do.
I dont want to put my life on hold anymore then I already have but at the same time I dont want to jeopardize this pregnancy. What would you recommend?
Thanks!
Tanya
My morning sickness was so bad at that point, I would have been miserable. You may be diferent symptom wise but I'd still consider moving to 14+ weeks. Very sweet of him!!

Tanya
Tanya

November 29th, 2010, 5:50 pm #8

That's a really kind thing to do. I don't think you'll be able to ride many rides, but there are all kinds of shows and other attractions.
He knows how much I love Disney World (that is where we got married) so he booked it. I just talked with Delta and they have a 24 hour cancellation policy which I didnt know existed. So I cancelled and we are going to plan to go sometime in the 2nd trimester assuming everything is going okay.

Tanya
Tanya

November 29th, 2010, 5:54 pm #9

I'm the master at getting out of hotel rooms, airline flights, etc.!

If you really love rides, I'd postpone until after the delivery. But, then you'll be busy with a new baby (so worth it!).
You are so sweet; I appreciate the offer to call

I called Delta and explained the situation. They have a 24 hour risk free policy which I didnt know existed. So I was able to cancel the tickets with no problem. I am so relieved.

Tanya
Tanya

November 29th, 2010, 5:54 pm #10

My morning sickness was so bad at that point, I would have been miserable. You may be diferent symptom wise but I'd still consider moving to 14+ weeks. Very sweet of him!!
I just cancelled the tickets and I told him we can go during the second trimister. My morning sickness is starting to really kick in so no telling how I will fee in a few weeks.

Thank you for replying.