To Alli

To Alli

December 27th, 2011, 12:48 am #1

Hi,

I have been following your story and love reading your blog. I posted here while I was pregnant (my daughter born on 2/13/2011) but mostly read and posted when I got a chance. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry about your Christmas but I loved your words. You did such an amazing job expressing how even though we have children now it doesn't solve all our problems. I just wanted you to know that I understand and really admire your strength.

Keep on writing - you really are amazing.

Amy

P.S. I didn't know where else to contact you so hope this is okay to post this here.

Me: 35; DH: 37, ttc #1 since May 2007
Poor responder
High FSH 12.5
DH: Genetic translocation
M/C (Dec. 07)
Started going to RE in Sept. 08
IUI #1 - BFN (Jan. 09)
IUI #2 - BFN (Feb 09)
IUI #3 - BFN (March 09)
IVF #1 - BFN (June 09)
CCCT + IUI #4 - BFN (Aug 09)
IUI #5 - BFN (Sept 09)
IUI #6 - BFN (Oct 09)
IUI #7 - BFN (Nov 09)
IVF #2 - BFN (January 10) - PGD 1 normal embryo
IUI #8 - BFN (April 10)
IVF #3 - Positive - PGD 1 normal embryo out of 13 - DD born on Feb 13, 2011

Sara H
Sara H

December 27th, 2011, 1:30 am #2

I am sooo sorry!

You did write it with some humor so I am guessing everyone is better? I vote you chose a new Christmas day, one that is vomit-free! How about New Years?

I am so sorry things did not turn out as you wished but so glad everyone is better!

Sara H

Alli
Alli

December 27th, 2011, 3:16 am #3

Hi,

I have been following your story and love reading your blog. I posted here while I was pregnant (my daughter born on 2/13/2011) but mostly read and posted when I got a chance. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry about your Christmas but I loved your words. You did such an amazing job expressing how even though we have children now it doesn't solve all our problems. I just wanted you to know that I understand and really admire your strength.

Keep on writing - you really are amazing.

Amy

P.S. I didn't know where else to contact you so hope this is okay to post this here.

Me: 35; DH: 37, ttc #1 since May 2007
Poor responder
High FSH 12.5
DH: Genetic translocation
M/C (Dec. 07)
Started going to RE in Sept. 08
IUI #1 - BFN (Jan. 09)
IUI #2 - BFN (Feb 09)
IUI #3 - BFN (March 09)
IVF #1 - BFN (June 09)
CCCT + IUI #4 - BFN (Aug 09)
IUI #5 - BFN (Sept 09)
IUI #6 - BFN (Oct 09)
IUI #7 - BFN (Nov 09)
IVF #2 - BFN (January 10) - PGD 1 normal embryo
IUI #8 - BFN (April 10)
IVF #3 - Positive - PGD 1 normal embryo out of 13 - DD born on Feb 13, 2011
We are still dealing with 2 of the kiddos. It's been so awful but trying to be positive!!

December 27th, 2011, 4:30 am #4

Awww - I too read it - heartbreaking! Another day to celebrate would be great but I could also understand just wanting to put it behind you.

Completely and totally shamefully unsolicited advice but your situation sounded similar to mine (minus x3). My DD was home w/ a wonderful nanny from 6mos-1 year (and then I had the summer off. We wanted her to be with other kids while I worked so she went to a super nice preschool that had extended hours but oh the sicknesses came. And came. Bonus we get them over now than later not so great - everyone else in the family gets them too. It started around the same time as you mention maybe a month earlier. But it was ugly. To top it off I had started the school year with bronchitis that kept coming back. They gave me bactrim which I ended up having an allergic reaction to with this skin condition. I was a day away from being admitted to the burn unit and enter in prednisone. I couldn't get the flu shot . . . long story short the flu came to our house in what began a 14 day episode which was UGLY. DD actually had it for the shortest amount of time so we sent her to school while we lay at home defeated and depleated. We again got the flu in the late winter - different strain (fab right?). I had never been so sick before in my life.

I tell this story because I then did a lot of research on building the immune system. I mean I couldn't prevent this from coming to our house but I could try to ward it off or lessen it. That Aug, my DD was 2 and I started us both on probiotics (she had chewable) and extra vit D for both of us. What a difference that has made. We were not sick at all that whole year. In fact my ped (who I love) said at our 2 year well visit that I was "trendy" for doing the vitamins etc and he saw no problem with it but couldn't speak to the relevance. We did not see him again til the well visit at age 3. So he says "I guess you weren't that crazy . . ." Last week we had the flu bug come through our house . . . DD and DH had the 12 hr and mine seemed more the 36 hr (I thought it was hormones at first) but it left quickly without too much fan fare. Prior to kids I had never taken vitamins or anything of the sort. This winter I also added in a chewable Vitamin C for the whole family and finally convinced DH to take some vitamins too.

I am sure you have heard it from most of your friends, when they are around kids at a young age it's so easy to pass the sickies - just gets around to the adults too! I'd be happy to send you brand names etc or dosage info. I know your kids are near 2 but thought I would suggest a possible light at the end of the tunnel. (I should also point out my DD had tubes around 2.5 as well - even longer story).

Bethpky
Bethpky

December 27th, 2011, 5:01 pm #5

We are still dealing with 2 of the kiddos. It's been so awful but trying to be positive!!
I've been telling everyone at my office who's here today to read your blog post! You're such a good writer and explain the difficulties almost to the point that I felt like I was there holding a wet washcloth of one of the triplet's forehead. What a difficult time! Hopefully your entire family will bounce back and laugh about the Christmas from Hades forevermore.

One of my co-workers said her entire family and Christmas guests contracted the rotovirus from her 2 year old son about 10 years ago. In the midst of the vomiting, her washer died! Needless to say, she also remembers the experience as her "worst" Christmas, though she can laugh about it now.

December 27th, 2011, 7:11 pm #6

Awww - I too read it - heartbreaking! Another day to celebrate would be great but I could also understand just wanting to put it behind you.

Completely and totally shamefully unsolicited advice but your situation sounded similar to mine (minus x3). My DD was home w/ a wonderful nanny from 6mos-1 year (and then I had the summer off. We wanted her to be with other kids while I worked so she went to a super nice preschool that had extended hours but oh the sicknesses came. And came. Bonus we get them over now than later not so great - everyone else in the family gets them too. It started around the same time as you mention maybe a month earlier. But it was ugly. To top it off I had started the school year with bronchitis that kept coming back. They gave me bactrim which I ended up having an allergic reaction to with this skin condition. I was a day away from being admitted to the burn unit and enter in prednisone. I couldn't get the flu shot . . . long story short the flu came to our house in what began a 14 day episode which was UGLY. DD actually had it for the shortest amount of time so we sent her to school while we lay at home defeated and depleated. We again got the flu in the late winter - different strain (fab right?). I had never been so sick before in my life.

I tell this story because I then did a lot of research on building the immune system. I mean I couldn't prevent this from coming to our house but I could try to ward it off or lessen it. That Aug, my DD was 2 and I started us both on probiotics (she had chewable) and extra vit D for both of us. What a difference that has made. We were not sick at all that whole year. In fact my ped (who I love) said at our 2 year well visit that I was "trendy" for doing the vitamins etc and he saw no problem with it but couldn't speak to the relevance. We did not see him again til the well visit at age 3. So he says "I guess you weren't that crazy . . ." Last week we had the flu bug come through our house . . . DD and DH had the 12 hr and mine seemed more the 36 hr (I thought it was hormones at first) but it left quickly without too much fan fare. Prior to kids I had never taken vitamins or anything of the sort. This winter I also added in a chewable Vitamin C for the whole family and finally convinced DH to take some vitamins too.

I am sure you have heard it from most of your friends, when they are around kids at a young age it's so easy to pass the sickies - just gets around to the adults too! I'd be happy to send you brand names etc or dosage info. I know your kids are near 2 but thought I would suggest a possible light at the end of the tunnel. (I should also point out my DD had tubes around 2.5 as well - even longer story).
Bought probiotics yesterday!! Thank you for that info. I feel soooo guilty abot having them in daycare 2 days a week and all this sickness but my goodness, the sanity was going out of the door. I really appreciate the help.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

December 27th, 2011, 7:12 pm #7

I've been telling everyone at my office who's here today to read your blog post! You're such a good writer and explain the difficulties almost to the point that I felt like I was there holding a wet washcloth of one of the triplet's forehead. What a difficult time! Hopefully your entire family will bounce back and laugh about the Christmas from Hades forevermore.

One of my co-workers said her entire family and Christmas guests contracted the rotovirus from her 2 year old son about 10 years ago. In the midst of the vomiting, her washer died! Needless to say, she also remembers the experience as her "worst" Christmas, though she can laugh about it now.
I cant imagine the washer going out!!! We washed about 10 loads minimum on sanitize. Our carpet will need cleaning too after this.

Was thinking of you too and hope the physical therapy works out.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Bethpky
Bethpky

December 27th, 2011, 9:06 pm #8

I have my first appointment on January 13th.

December 28th, 2011, 12:26 am #9

Bought probiotics yesterday!! Thank you for that info. I feel soooo guilty abot having them in daycare 2 days a week and all this sickness but my goodness, the sanity was going out of the door. I really appreciate the help.
Try not to feel guilty about having them with other kids at a place that's not your own home. Really. I did the whole nanny thing for 6mos and it just didn't work out for us (and me especially). I teach social skills for a living so I really couldn't justify not having the large socialization piece for her. My DD is very friendly. Her skills on sharing, cooperation, empathy, coping, and acceptance are noteworthy. Her language - excellent. I work four days a week. That's not to say someone who stays at home with a parent or has in home child care doesn't learn those same skills. I just count all the ways a center based childcare has benefited our family. We co-parent and these were some things that we based our family decisions on. Hope you don't get too many of the sickies this year or at least you get through them with grace.