teething products

teething products

May 27th, 2012, 10:30 pm #1

Does anyone have any recommendations for products that weren't made in China?? It just makes me nervous after all that plastic info came out a few years back.

May 27th, 2012, 10:57 pm #2

I'll admit, I am oblivious to this plastic business you mention in China. Do I live under a rock? Possibly. I think it was the infertility roller coaster sucking the life out of me. Anything could have been in the news.
Sooo...I just looked up the company from which I bought some plastic teething product from- iPlay. And yes, they manufacture them in Asia, but if you look on their website they seem to be proactive in addressing the issue under their 'health & safety' heading. Also look under inside baby heading too.
Is it a bunch of green washing? possibly, but they do mention it. Having said all that. I guess some nice wooden teethers could be the way to go. I see this fish rattle often on baby sites and keep meaning to purchase it. It could be a good rattle/teether. Grimm's Baby FISH RATTLE (google it, it is for sale on amazon).
Good luck and if you find something great..let us know.

MargieD
MargieD

May 27th, 2012, 11:03 pm #3

Does anyone have any recommendations for products that weren't made in China?? It just makes me nervous after all that plastic info came out a few years back.
Most people don't think of it but wood can be used as a teething product.

Google it - you'll run across a bunch of them. Your local natural health store might have it.

Esty has a bunch of them although I thought they were a bit pricey...

May 27th, 2012, 11:04 pm #4

It is manufactured in California. I received this for my baby and she really likes it. She can hold it and try to put it in her mouth. It rattles and keeps her entertained before drifting off to sleep. Sounds like the company has a good story behind it and might be good for your need. : )

May 27th, 2012, 11:05 pm #5

May 28th, 2012, 12:50 am #6

I believe all of their products are made in France and free of BPA and phthalates
http://www.sophiegiraffeusa.com/index.html
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

May 28th, 2012, 1:10 pm #7

a frozen face cloth, wet first.

during solid foods stage, frozen blueberries are a hit --what a mess but stripped down to diaper, right before bath time, who cares. lol. In fact, would buy me a few minutes to sit down to at least pretend for a minute or two that we had a sit-down family meal.

I found the wooden teethers at Toys R us. Most places have the "safe" teething toys now.

happy hunting, it's fun to pick and choose.

jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura
Laura

May 28th, 2012, 3:13 pm #8

My son loved it more than any teether. Best part is-free!