still losing weight....

still losing weight....

bigboy
bigboy

September 8th, 2011, 5:54 pm #1

i dont know if it's a big deal or not....i lost 2 pounds right away (like before i knew that i was pregnant) but that always happens when i conceive - i lose 1-2 pounds. but i weighed myself today and noticed that ive lost another pound-pound and a half...i dont do any exercise bc im so tired and, despite the nausea, im not throwing up and i can manage to get food in me (mostly cereal). but for example, today, i had 3 bowls of rice krispies for breakfast and then two bowls of coco puffs for lunch. do you think this is a big deal or is this somewhat normal in the beginning? i didnt continue to lose weight with my son...but maybe im just burning more calories because i have twins right now? im going to mention it to my doctor when i see him next week...but i dont think hooking me up to an IV or anything is necessary since i can get food down....idk. i know a lot of people lose tons of weight in the 1st trimester from throwing up and they are fine...but im already really thin to begin with so that's why im just a little worried...

September 8th, 2011, 7:20 pm #2

If not, I'd change my friggin OB.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

maureen
maureen

September 8th, 2011, 7:37 pm #3

i dont know if it's a big deal or not....i lost 2 pounds right away (like before i knew that i was pregnant) but that always happens when i conceive - i lose 1-2 pounds. but i weighed myself today and noticed that ive lost another pound-pound and a half...i dont do any exercise bc im so tired and, despite the nausea, im not throwing up and i can manage to get food in me (mostly cereal). but for example, today, i had 3 bowls of rice krispies for breakfast and then two bowls of coco puffs for lunch. do you think this is a big deal or is this somewhat normal in the beginning? i didnt continue to lose weight with my son...but maybe im just burning more calories because i have twins right now? im going to mention it to my doctor when i see him next week...but i dont think hooking me up to an IV or anything is necessary since i can get food down....idk. i know a lot of people lose tons of weight in the 1st trimester from throwing up and they are fine...but im already really thin to begin with so that's why im just a little worried...
Just an idea, but maybe the pg is doing something to your thryoid? I know it's important to keep your thryoid levels in line during pg, so it shouldn't hurt to just have it looked at.

Or maybe your blood sugars? I really don't have an answer, but these ideas popped in my mind.

GL.
Maureen

sch1star
sch1star

September 8th, 2011, 8:14 pm #4

Sounds like there are things for you to address with a doc who might not be listening enough, but don't fret about the babies right now. You are right when you say the weight isn't a concern yet - how you feel, on the other hand, is. Do your best to eat what you can (vit and min fortified cereals are not a bad m/s option), try to get down some form of a PNV, and revisit this w/doc, but don't drive yourself out of your mind this week!

bigboy
bigboy

September 8th, 2011, 8:49 pm #5

If not, I'd change my friggin OB.
well im still with my RE until he releases me...they are keeping me longer because of the twins thing. and my RE has been on vacation for 2 weeks.i think he gets back tomorrow but im seeing him on tuesday.

bigboy
bigboy

September 8th, 2011, 8:51 pm #6

Sounds like there are things for you to address with a doc who might not be listening enough, but don't fret about the babies right now. You are right when you say the weight isn't a concern yet - how you feel, on the other hand, is. Do your best to eat what you can (vit and min fortified cereals are not a bad m/s option), try to get down some form of a PNV, and revisit this w/doc, but don't drive yourself out of your mind this week!
im not...i mean it is what it is. ill address it with him on tuesday. it will be nice to have my actual RE back bc these sub REs have sucked. and i dont know what the friggin' hang up is about zofran.

ekb88
ekb88

September 8th, 2011, 11:20 pm #7

And in that context, you may be happy to know that I gained 55 lbs total in my pregnancy, and ds was 11 lb 6 oz when born. So obviously, that initial weight loss didn't impact things very much!!

bigboy
bigboy

September 9th, 2011, 1:04 am #8

so you dont think 5'7 123pounds is bad?? i just have this mental block about it bc when i was 120 three years ago i had HA...so i just get really nervous if my weight dips below 125...like it will have a negative affect on the babies or something. my doctor gets back (FINALLY) tomorrow...i think he will help me out, especially if i tell him that im starting to lose weight....