Stabbing pains in rectum TMI sorry

Stabbing pains in rectum TMI sorry

Embarrassed
Embarrassed

May 20th, 2012, 8:28 pm #1

Ive been having quick sporadic knife like pains in rectum. They are very slight (subtle) and very quick. No bleeding no constipation and no cramping. They come and go every few hours. Just started today. I am not far along, just a few weeks. Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

May 20th, 2012, 9:29 pm #2

I did want to ask if you have had an u/s yet. I had what felt just like what you described when I had an ectopic. My tube that had the ectopic had fallen back behind the uterus and was basically on the rectum so it is even a somewhat unusual symptom of an ectopic. My RE didn't know what to make of my complaints of the stabbing pains until I had that u/s. If you know pg is in uterus then it is most likely constipation. Hope you feel better soon! Whatever the cause, that is not a fun pain to have.

xoxo, Tracy.

anonymous
anonymous

May 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm #3

When I searched the board I read about your story with this (pretty sure)
Had an us dr said ovaries looked good and sac was seen in uterus. She had ruled out an eptopic. Could she have been wrong?
Could it be eptopic? Don't have another appointment until 2 weeks. I did a google search and did read some ladies have this.

May 20th, 2012, 9:49 pm #4

First u/s showed nothing in uterus. That was at 6wks 2days. They could then see what looked like fluid behind uterus, but it ended up being the swollen tube. Your u/s sounds encouraging and on track. If pain continues I would go in for another u/s this week. If nothing else, they can put your mind at ease and they can see if your colon is backed up too and give you something if constipation is the cause. That probably was my posts that came up. I don't see that symptom come up much.

xoxo, Tracy

May 20th, 2012, 10:00 pm #5

Ive been having quick sporadic knife like pains in rectum. They are very slight (subtle) and very quick. No bleeding no constipation and no cramping. They come and go every few hours. Just started today. I am not far along, just a few weeks. Should I be concerned? Is this normal?
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Proctal ... l-Pain.htm

anonymous
anonymous

May 20th, 2012, 10:02 pm #6

First u/s showed nothing in uterus. That was at 6wks 2days. They could then see what looked like fluid behind uterus, but it ended up being the swollen tube. Your u/s sounds encouraging and on track. If pain continues I would go in for another u/s this week. If nothing else, they can put your mind at ease and they can see if your colon is backed up too and give you something if constipation is the cause. That probably was my posts that came up. I don't see that symptom come up much.

xoxo, Tracy
I had these stabbing sensations before I got pregnant, usually when I had AF. I will have to put a call in to the doctor if it gets worse. It's stopped. I'm so sorry for your eptopic, that had to be very frightening. Best of luck to you and thanks for replying.

anonymous
anonymous

May 20th, 2012, 10:05 pm #7

That sums it up! Oh gosh I hope this won't cause miscarriage.

Tracy
Tracy

May 20th, 2012, 11:11 pm #8

I had these stabbing sensations before I got pregnant, usually when I had AF. I will have to put a call in to the doctor if it gets worse. It's stopped. I'm so sorry for your eptopic, that had to be very frightening. Best of luck to you and thanks for replying.
If you get an answer as to what is causing it in your case. Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully the pain will stay away for you.

xoxo, Tracy

Sara H
Sara H

May 21st, 2012, 8:00 am #9

but when I do my Kegals the next day I get rectum 'cramps'. And I know it's really important to do the Kegals! Still, the next day I get bad cramps in my back side, really painful. And I am in my 6th month, no chance of ectopic here!

How far along are you?

Call your Dr., follow all the good advice so far and keep on top of it but I say also add some fiber and there could be other reasons as well, just best to rule out the bad ones.

Good luck to you,
Sara H