Sorry to have to post this but news is not good.

Sorry to have to post this but news is not good.

JulesM
JulesM

December 21st, 2010, 5:04 pm #1

So what I believe to be my 6w0d US showed nothing but a small, empty sac. I am beyond devastated, I had such high hopes given my symptoms and this being natural. They want me to con't w/ P4 support and return for another scan next week "in case my dates are off". I know in my heart that this is over though... there wasn't even a visible yolk.
Anyone ever have experience of recurrent embryos not growing past 5 weeks? Is it something I may have done? Is it just my crappy eggs and I should start looking into other options?
To make matters worse, I am in MA and have full IF insurance coverage.... but giving this was a natural BFP I may lose that coverage. The nurse said they can try to fight it under recurrent m/c but still, I feel like this is such a cruel cruel joke.
TIA for all the support.

Cindy
Cindy

December 21st, 2010, 5:11 pm #2

I don't have any words that can take your pain away, but please, please tell yourself that should this pregnancy not be viable, that it had NOTHING to do with what you did or didn't do.

Please take care of yourself. It is so hard to go through the holidays with not-so-good news, so turn to this board for support. We are here for you.

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

December 21st, 2010, 5:43 pm #3

So what I believe to be my 6w0d US showed nothing but a small, empty sac. I am beyond devastated, I had such high hopes given my symptoms and this being natural. They want me to con't w/ P4 support and return for another scan next week "in case my dates are off". I know in my heart that this is over though... there wasn't even a visible yolk.
Anyone ever have experience of recurrent embryos not growing past 5 weeks? Is it something I may have done? Is it just my crappy eggs and I should start looking into other options?
To make matters worse, I am in MA and have full IF insurance coverage.... but giving this was a natural BFP I may lose that coverage. The nurse said they can try to fight it under recurrent m/c but still, I feel like this is such a cruel cruel joke.
TIA for all the support.
...I really hate to hear that. But I am holding out hope that it is indeed a case of dates being off by a few days and that next week's u/s will bring better news. FYI, my 5w3d u/s was inconclusive - only saw a gest. sac - no fetal pole yet. Then 1 week later (6w3d) they got the fetal pole and HB.

Shipin
Shipin

December 21st, 2010, 6:34 pm #4

TIA for all the support.
Jules am so sorry to see things not going in the right direction for you. I hope this is some kind of misdiagnosis and everything is fine in the next u/s. Take care of yourself.

December 21st, 2010, 6:41 pm #5

TIA for all the support.
Also try to get the beta results to see how high the HCG was. At my U/S at 6 weeks, all I saw was a sac and at 6 weeks and 4 days, we saw a tiny flicker.

Don't give up hope. Definitely having morning sickness is a great sign.

JulesM
JulesM

December 21st, 2010, 7:08 pm #6

TIA for all the support.
I don't wan to give myself false hope. I have been through almost the exact thing with my last preg/mc. The nurse doesn't want me to check another beta... not sure why but she said to wait it out for the next scan which is scheduled for the 28th. The whole procedure was not enjoyable. Because it's a teaching hospital I had an intern and a fellow doing the US at first... transabdominally! I told them they probably wouldn't see anything since not only am I just 6 weeks but my uterus is acutely retroverted. But they probed for a good 10 mins and said well, we see a small sac but think we need to try vaginally... DUH? So then it's these 2 bozos and a woman who come in to do the vaginal US... she's more focused on showing the 2 bozos the corpus luteum then focusing on my uterus. Then she says well, there's definitely a small sac. I asked if there was anything in it and she said nothing yet. Of course I start crying and then apologizing for crying and the stupid women actually said to me something like "you want one now but then you have a kid and for 18 yrs you suffer".... seriously! What is wrong with people??? What a day.

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

December 21st, 2010, 7:42 pm #7

How some people make it into the medical profession is beyond me. At my 5w3d u/s, I was nervous since the 5w u/s didn't show anything conclusive. So I asked the u/s tech, 'do you see anything?'. She replies, 'well i dont see a baby' (VERY snotty). I always had good experiences with other u/s techs at Cooper and only had this tech the one time but she was awful and I still think I should have reported it.

December 21st, 2010, 7:51 pm #8

TIA for all the support.
and I agree with Lucy that you should think about getting another beta done.

Did you check out the link I left you in the other thread? Yolk sac shows up around 5w3d and then it shows a beta range? Not an exact science at all so +/- a few days could really make a difference.

Not trying to give any false hope here believe me. I am one to tell it like it is but I think you will have a clearer picture one way or the other with a beta.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Best,
Lindy

December 21st, 2010, 8:19 pm #9

TIA for all the support.
Jules I am so sorry you are going through this. The waiting just sucks especially when you feel pretty certain that it isn't going to work out. I just wanted to say, I really think it's a great sign that you got pregnant. It means that you can get pregnant and that is HUGE in this game. Even it's a blighted ovum, it's still a good sign. Please hang onto that and keep that hope alive. You are meant to be a mom, and you will be. And you will be a better mom because of all this hell -- more patient, more loving, more appreciative of how precious it all is.

Take care,
Sarah

Bethpky
Bethpky

December 21st, 2010, 8:22 pm #10

TIA for all the support.
when I read your message...but after reading every else's posts, I agree that it may be too early to see anything. Every day makes a huge difference on what you can or cannot see at this early stage. It all depends on your beta levels as to what you can see on an u/s.

Nothing is easy about this process, is it? It would seem that all of us would get a break after the heartbreak we've suffered. My prayers and hope are with you.