Some questions for you lucky natural BFPers

Some questions for you lucky natural BFPers

May 25th, 2011, 9:40 pm #1

Did you time your baby dance in the month that you got your natural BFP? If so, what did you use? Clearblue? Multiple methods? Did you continue to take supplements as if you were going for another round of IVF?

I also have a left-over opened vial of Gonal-F which will have expired by the next IVF round scheduled in July, I was wondering if I should give myself a little boost just to use it up at the beginning of the natural cycle. Will it help?

Many thanks.

May 25th, 2011, 10:12 pm #2

every 2nd day at least. I had my first by ivf and the next 2 came along naturally.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 25th, 2011, 10:15 pm #3

Did you time your baby dance in the month that you got your natural BFP? If so, what did you use? Clearblue? Multiple methods? Did you continue to take supplements as if you were going for another round of IVF?

I also have a left-over opened vial of Gonal-F which will have expired by the next IVF round scheduled in July, I was wondering if I should give myself a little boost just to use it up at the beginning of the natural cycle. Will it help?

Many thanks.
so was planning on trying naturally but not go crazy with the trying.

My RE wanted to do a post-coital in the meantime while I pursued DE.

I'm very regular so I "knew" my projected ovulation date although in the couple of days before I went in for b/w to check hormone status in advance of the post-coital test (if you're not familiar with this test it has to be done before you ovulate). Here's how it unfolded:

I BDed on Monday (at my own choosing)
Went in for b/w on Tuesday morning; b/w confirmed LH surge was starting; u/s showed a 20MM follie
BDed again Tuesday night
Triggered on Wednesday afteroon
BDed again Wednesday night
Ovulated some time on Thursday
Went in for b/w Friday morning; b/w confirmed ovulation and u/s showed a released follie
BDed again late Friday night (this was really a gratuitous effort)

The only supps I was taking were Vitamin D, B12 intramuscular shots and my prenatal vitamin. And beer, wine and margaritas...no kidding.

Oh and I did take Mucinex in the days before ovulation.

Here's my abbreviated story

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... ue+9-22-11

the longer version is here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/m ... hing+ment-

If you do decide to do the leftover Gonal F I would do it as a boost closer to O, not at the beginning.

May 25th, 2011, 11:17 pm #4

You have helluva story to tell for your LO. Wishing you smooth sailing for the rest of your pregnancy.

May 25th, 2011, 11:19 pm #5

every 2nd day at least. I had my first by ivf and the next 2 came along naturally.
do you mind telling me your age range? I was 39 when I had my first IVF success and delivered at 40, I kept hearing that once you have had one, the second is easy. So far I have already gone through 3 unsuccessful IVFs and 2 unsuccessful IUIs within 12 months of my DD's birth, so I am thinking maybe I tried too hard

May 25th, 2011, 11:23 pm #6

so was planning on trying naturally but not go crazy with the trying.

My RE wanted to do a post-coital in the meantime while I pursued DE.

I'm very regular so I "knew" my projected ovulation date although in the couple of days before I went in for b/w to check hormone status in advance of the post-coital test (if you're not familiar with this test it has to be done before you ovulate). Here's how it unfolded:

I BDed on Monday (at my own choosing)
Went in for b/w on Tuesday morning; b/w confirmed LH surge was starting; u/s showed a 20MM follie
BDed again Tuesday night
Triggered on Wednesday afteroon
BDed again Wednesday night
Ovulated some time on Thursday
Went in for b/w Friday morning; b/w confirmed ovulation and u/s showed a released follie
BDed again late Friday night (this was really a gratuitous effort)

The only supps I was taking were Vitamin D, B12 intramuscular shots and my prenatal vitamin. And beer, wine and margaritas...no kidding.

Oh and I did take Mucinex in the days before ovulation.

Here's my abbreviated story

http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... ue+9-22-11

the longer version is here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/m ... hing+ment-

If you do decide to do the leftover Gonal F I would do it as a boost closer to O, not at the beginning.
It is a struggle only those who have walked the path can understand, and you took it with such grace. May god bless you and your baby.

May 26th, 2011, 1:29 am #7

Many thanks.
I was being monitored by my RE (strictly for the purpose of seeing how we'd proceed the following month, since I'd just started TTC #3). I used OPKs and was charting. I O'd on cd 15, and we BD'd on cds 13-15.

The only med I took was prometrium (200mgs/day) in the luteal phase. I'm convinced I can't get PG without it.

Not sure about the Gonal-F. I probably wouldn't do it just because I'm a wuss and wouldn't want to take any drugs w/out monitoring. But I have heard of women on these boards doing it.

Hugs and GL!

Meg

May 26th, 2011, 1:45 am #8

Many thanks.
I used the "ov-watch" to help me figure out my "O" date each cycle. After about 6 months or so of using it, I got good at picking up on my cm changes. I realized the pattern most months was that my cm would change on CD9, my ov-watch would say I was good to go on CD10, and then I'd ovulate on CD13.

I no longer need the watch - I can figure it out from the cm alone. In 2.5 years of ttc before we got lucky with DS, I think we missed out on only a handful of cycles from travel or illness. We gave it a shot just about every month, even if it was only once. I took supplements always. This is my "what worked" post for #1 -http://www.network54.com/Forum/53068/me ... t%3B++-%29

For this last bfp I haven't done any supplements because I'm still breastfeeding. I'm just taking vitamin D. But my thyroid is being closely monitored by my endocrinologist and I think that is making a difference.

May 26th, 2011, 6:49 am #9

do you mind telling me your age range? I was 39 when I had my first IVF success and delivered at 40, I kept hearing that once you have had one, the second is easy. So far I have already gone through 3 unsuccessful IVFs and 2 unsuccessful IUIs within 12 months of my DD's birth, so I am thinking maybe I tried too hard
33 for first successful ivf (had previously failed at 4 iui, 1 abandoned ivf, one failed ivf and then success).

35 for first nat pregnancy then 37 for last one

May 26th, 2011, 2:25 pm #10

Many thanks.
- Chart cycles (temp, etc.)
- Multiple opk's each day
- Used the cbfm but it was useless for me. I ovulated, got pg TWICE and had TWO babies and that thing was still saying "high". No egg ever, so I'd say don't waste your money on something so expensive but then, others have had success with it.
- Kept preseed on hand to help soldiers along. No point in pinpointing the egg but soldiers can't make it to the target because of crappb ewcm.
- Dtd at exactly the moment I was ovulating (both times) since I can feel ovulation.
- I did respect my diet to a degree but didn't deny myself anything.
- Kept up with my exercising until I got the bfp, then that was it till two pgs later and now I'm back at it.

There's lots more but sleep deprivation has gotten the better of me this morning.

Z.
Last edited by ZakiaZ on May 26th, 2011, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.