Some happy news

Some happy news

Teresa
Teresa

May 25th, 2012, 3:05 pm #1

Had my OB appointment today- FINALLY. I am proud of myself for not going back to that meanie RE on Monday, but those 4 days of waiting for today have been sheer hell.

My OB came in and saw my face and she said "let's do the ultrasound right now and get it out of the way, it's going to be okay" She was very positive and very sensitive, knowing my history. The baby (yup, just one in there )measured 6 weeks 5 days, (one day ahead, as I am 6 weeks, 4 days today) It looked like a mini jelly bean and had a heartbeat of about 135. DH and I both started to cry. Although from experience we know it does not mean we are out of the woods, it still felt really good to see- and HEAR that little heart beating away! A relief.

They tried to do an OB blood panel on me, twice. Couldn't get my veins to cooperate and after being stuck 3x, I just asked if we could do it next week when I go back.

My OB is really great and very sensitive to the fact that I've had 4 losses, and she will see me every week. We talked about progesterone and she said she'll be monitoring it weekly and when it's time, she'll take me off slowly and carefully. She's doing everything she can to soothe my fears and I feel lucky that she's so supportive.

Happy!

Laura
Laura

May 25th, 2012, 3:29 pm #2

That is so great. Your OB sounds really awesome. I'm glad you're finally having some luck with Drs!

Ugh, sorry about being stuck 3x. That just happened to me on Wednesday, I almost started crying. They managed to fill a vial, but I now have bruises on both sides and look like an addict. Nice.

Congrats again!

mel
mel

May 25th, 2012, 3:37 pm #3

Had my OB appointment today- FINALLY. I am proud of myself for not going back to that meanie RE on Monday, but those 4 days of waiting for today have been sheer hell.

My OB came in and saw my face and she said "let's do the ultrasound right now and get it out of the way, it's going to be okay" She was very positive and very sensitive, knowing my history. The baby (yup, just one in there )measured 6 weeks 5 days, (one day ahead, as I am 6 weeks, 4 days today) It looked like a mini jelly bean and had a heartbeat of about 135. DH and I both started to cry. Although from experience we know it does not mean we are out of the woods, it still felt really good to see- and HEAR that little heart beating away! A relief.

They tried to do an OB blood panel on me, twice. Couldn't get my veins to cooperate and after being stuck 3x, I just asked if we could do it next week when I go back.

My OB is really great and very sensitive to the fact that I've had 4 losses, and she will see me every week. We talked about progesterone and she said she'll be monitoring it weekly and when it's time, she'll take me off slowly and carefully. She's doing everything she can to soothe my fears and I feel lucky that she's so supportive.

Happy!
That is GREAT news!!! I am so glad that you waited to see your OB...good for you for waiting it out, as I know how torturous the waiting can be. That's great that she will be taking such good care of you and monitoring you so closely.

I'm so happy for you, Teresa. I've been anxiously awaiting to hear your good news today! Congrats!!!

anna
anna

May 25th, 2012, 3:44 pm #4

Happy!
I am so happy for you. Happy days are ahead :-.

Teresa
Teresa

May 25th, 2012, 3:48 pm #5

That is GREAT news!!! I am so glad that you waited to see your OB...good for you for waiting it out, as I know how torturous the waiting can be. That's great that she will be taking such good care of you and monitoring you so closely.

I'm so happy for you, Teresa. I've been anxiously awaiting to hear your good news today! Congrats!!!
Thank you, Mel. Are you about 20 weeks? How did you survive week by week to get so far? Has your m/s gotten better?
Thanks for thinking of me and the encouraging words. Happy but cautiously happy. It's so hard to see that bean on the u/s and not get attached!
XOXO

Teresa
Teresa

May 25th, 2012, 3:49 pm #6

That is so great. Your OB sounds really awesome. I'm glad you're finally having some luck with Drs!

Ugh, sorry about being stuck 3x. That just happened to me on Wednesday, I almost started crying. They managed to fill a vial, but I now have bruises on both sides and look like an addict. Nice.

Congrats again!
I have been thinking of you, Laura. I'm sorry you had to get stuck so many times. It's horrible. You would think by now it would be easy breezy but I still hate the needles too.
I hope your pain is subsiding a bit. Mine comes and goes. Please update when you can on your b/w.
XOXO

Teresa
Teresa

May 25th, 2012, 3:50 pm #7

I am so happy for you. Happy days are ahead :-.
I hope you are right, Anna!!!
How are you feeling? I have not seen you on the board and I missed you. How far along are you now? Are you feeling well? I hope so.
XOXO

mel
mel

May 25th, 2012, 4:05 pm #8

Thank you, Mel. Are you about 20 weeks? How did you survive week by week to get so far? Has your m/s gotten better?
Thanks for thinking of me and the encouraging words. Happy but cautiously happy. It's so hard to see that bean on the u/s and not get attached!
XOXO
I'm 16w4d. Thankfully, the morning sickness has gotten much better. Thanks for asking! Still not "enjoying" food, but glad that the major nauseousness/throwing up part is behind me. Honestly, I don't know how I'm surviving week by week, because even now, I am still worried that something could happen and go wrong. Most of the time I try to remind myself to have a positive attitude and that there is no indication of anything wrong, so I have to keep remembering that. I fear that I'm not going to enjoy this pregnancy because I'm full of worry and anxiety, but I really don't want to live like that. Most days I just try to reassure myself that everything is okay. I keep a post-it note on my desk at work - PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) - and I'm really trying to let that mantra rule my life, although some days are easier/harder than others.

I completely understand what you mean about being cautiously optimistic, but for me, as much as I want to protect my heart, I can't help but to be "all in" and get attached from the beginning. You are so right, it is hard not to.

So happy for you and your good news. Just take it one day at a time, and be good to yourself. Seeing your OB weekly will definitely be a source of comfort for you too.

xo

Teresa
Teresa

May 25th, 2012, 4:22 pm #9

I'm glad your m/s is better. And 16w4d is FANTASTIC! WOW!!! I hope I get to where you are!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, I know it's scary no matter how many weeks pass. But you are moving right along and that is really good news.

I LOVE the post-it idea with PMA. It's great that it's helping you. Very smart. I think reminders can help alot when we feel anxious. I know it's hard to "relax and enjoy" but I hope as time goes on, it will get a little easier to breathe.

I think I am more worried about my husband, because he is like a little kid, so excited, giddy, elated and I don't want him to be devastated again. I worry about that. It was still really hard for me today, being in the OB's waiting room and seeing heavily pregnant women in there. It made me sad in a way. It still feels like it won't happen but I am trying to believe that this is it.

Stay as positive as you can, you are doing great. You're almost 1/2 way there!! I hope you have a good weekend. Thanks again for your kind thoughts for me

Lea
Lea

May 25th, 2012, 5:04 pm #10

I hope you are right, Anna!!!
How are you feeling? I have not seen you on the board and I missed you. How far along are you now? Are you feeling well? I hope so.
XOXO
I just felt that everything was going to work out fine.. I'm so happy for you.. I've had many early losses just like you Teresa, and my last pregnancy as you know worked out perfectly... The same will happen to you...
Xoxoxo