Should I call this pregnancy a bust?

Should I call this pregnancy a bust?

Sally
Sally

March 16th, 2011, 8:21 pm #1

Today I am 6 week 3 days into my pregnancy. We saw the gestational sac last week measuring 17mm. Does that number sound right? Today the gestational sac got smaller. It is now 16.3mm and there is a tiny yolk sac and no fetal pole. RE said base on measurement I am 5 week and 1 day but last Wed I was 5 week 2 days. Doesn't sound right. He said to come back next week Wed. I have no faith in this pregnancy. My pregnancy symptoms have also subsided. My boobs are no longer sore. They are just bloated. I only got morning sickness three times.

My beta 14dpo was 477 and 1900 16do. I am suspecting I am having a molar pregnancy. Not quite blight ovum yet.

Please let me know if any of you have experienced this. I have no hope left.

lucy999
lucy999

March 16th, 2011, 8:35 pm #2

if it was molar, the hcg will be over the roof and high. I have had a blighted ovum and it is not that.
Blighted ovum is an empty sac with no yolk or fetal pole.

Depending on if this was ivf or natural or iui? I would give it 2 weeks and see what happens. Your dates may be off a bit but for 5 weeks or even 6 weeks,

you are where you are supposed to be. So enjoy being pg and tell your baby to hang in there.

With my DD # 1, I did not really have any symptoms till 8 weeks so you still have time, Good luck.

Sally
Sally

March 16th, 2011, 8:41 pm #3

I had my transfer on Feb 15th so the dates cannot be too off right? I am just so worried because I have been trying for 5 years and this is my 5th IVF before moving to DE.

Thanks Lucy.

March 17th, 2011, 2:46 am #4

if it was molar, the hcg will be over the roof and high. I have had a blighted ovum and it is not that.
Blighted ovum is an empty sac with no yolk or fetal pole.

Depending on if this was ivf or natural or iui? I would give it 2 weeks and see what happens. Your dates may be off a bit but for 5 weeks or even 6 weeks,

you are where you are supposed to be. So enjoy being pg and tell your baby to hang in there.

With my DD # 1, I did not really have any symptoms till 8 weeks so you still have time, Good luck.
Lucy summed it up nicely.

Congrats and GL,
Z.

lucy999
lucy999

March 17th, 2011, 6:23 pm #5

I had my transfer on Feb 15th so the dates cannot be too off right? I am just so worried because I have been trying for 5 years and this is my 5th IVF before moving to DE.

Thanks Lucy.
give it some time and try to relax. I have had bad betas and great ones but I believe yours is fine.

lucy999
lucy999

March 17th, 2011, 6:24 pm #6

Lucy summed it up nicely.

Congrats and GL,
Z.
long time

holleigh
holleigh

March 17th, 2011, 8:52 pm #7

Today I am 6 week 3 days into my pregnancy. We saw the gestational sac last week measuring 17mm. Does that number sound right? Today the gestational sac got smaller. It is now 16.3mm and there is a tiny yolk sac and no fetal pole. RE said base on measurement I am 5 week and 1 day but last Wed I was 5 week 2 days. Doesn't sound right. He said to come back next week Wed. I have no faith in this pregnancy. My pregnancy symptoms have also subsided. My boobs are no longer sore. They are just bloated. I only got morning sickness three times.

My beta 14dpo was 477 and 1900 16do. I am suspecting I am having a molar pregnancy. Not quite blight ovum yet.

Please let me know if any of you have experienced this. I have no hope left.
First u/s we got a heartbeat that was slow for age and my dating was off by just over a week. Should have been 6w5d but measured 5w2d and hb was 96. Next u/s showed heartbeat had stopped. Ended up that baby had total trisomy 22. Just wanted to forwarn you that it may not turn out as you hope. Fingers crossed that this is not the case for you... XO

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 17th, 2011, 10:22 pm #8

Thanks! I am already preparing myself and not very hopeful. There is no heart beat either. Just a sac that shrunk from last week but now there is a tiny yolk sac. I have a feeling embryo not growing right. Dh wants to go with me to next appt but what is the point. This will be my second m/c.

holleigh
holleigh

March 18th, 2011, 11:50 am #9

stranger things can happen... just wanted to prepare you. Sending good vibes your way... DH will probably be a comfort either way if he tags along. Might even get to share in some wonderful news! XO