should i call the doctor?

should i call the doctor?

bigboy
bigboy

October 8th, 2011, 9:53 pm #1

my m/s seems to be getting worse and im 12 weeks today. i also started getting headaches on thursday but the weather has changed to annoyingly hot here and i wonder if it's related bc i have major sinus issues. but i went from being a functional immobilized pregnant person to just an immobilized pregnant person. did something maybe happen to one of the babies and that is what is triggering this sudden extra dose of m/s? my appointment isnt until oct 28 but i might call monday and go in. my mom is all mad at the doctors because she thinks that there are things that they arent doing for me but i keep telling her that there isnt anything more they can do...the extent is zofran and it doesnt work for me....

Whitney
Whitney

October 9th, 2011, 1:14 am #2

You could always try Phenergan, but it made me sleepy all the time. Zofran helped me a little, but in the end you just have to ride it out. Stuff with sugar also helped ease the nausea, like sugared tea. It will get better!!!! I was able to stop taking my Zofran at 22 weeks. I saw that you had posted that you were only able to get 20-30 tables of Zofran for 30 days and you were taking it 2-3 times day. I had the same thing happen and I called my pharmacy line on my insurance card and they over road it. You might want to try that. I know first hand how you are feeling and it is horrible, but I promise you it will get better. Hang in there.

October 9th, 2011, 3:10 am #3

my m/s seems to be getting worse and im 12 weeks today. i also started getting headaches on thursday but the weather has changed to annoyingly hot here and i wonder if it's related bc i have major sinus issues. but i went from being a functional immobilized pregnant person to just an immobilized pregnant person. did something maybe happen to one of the babies and that is what is triggering this sudden extra dose of m/s? my appointment isnt until oct 28 but i might call monday and go in. my mom is all mad at the doctors because she thinks that there are things that they arent doing for me but i keep telling her that there isnt anything more they can do...the extent is zofran and it doesnt work for me....
I started feeling slightly better around 14 weeks and by 16 weeks it was gone! I had terrible headaches too. I bet you start feeling better over the next month. I really doubt the MS would be a sign that something is wrong. Ihere were a few days I wondered if I had some type of other ailment besides just MS because I felt so terrible. ( I didn't....LOL)

Hang in there!

Kelly

bigboy
bigboy

October 9th, 2011, 1:07 pm #4

thanks for the responses...this morning i woke up to dry-heaving and this is the first time ive actually "vomited". i just read in a couple different places online that if you start experiencing symptoms that are WORSE after 12 weeks then there may be "something else going on". the headaches especially bc i didnt have them before although it could be my sinuses/change in weather, etc. but the dry-heaving is new. maybe im just deficient in a vitamin, like iron or something since i cant really eat? idk, trust me i really dont want to go to the doctor and get blood drawn and all that crap. and i just feel bad bc i literally cant do anything. my husband comes home from his very stressful job, feeds our son, gives him his bath, cleans up around the house bc i cant do anything. i dont know if it's normal to not be able to do this much....even my friends that puked several times a day still felt relief in their stomachs and still could eat on occassion.
thanks for the positive responses though : )

October 9th, 2011, 1:55 pm #5

It seems like you've tried the wrist bands, medications, foods/water etc. that were suggested here Perhaps the doctor can suggest something else. When pg with twins during the first trimester I also suffered severe food aversions and nausea. I basically ate cool ranch doritos, green grapes and clementines for 8 weeks. And one day it really did just go away. For protein I would make a peanut butter sandwich with the pepperidge farm white bread (it was the only kind I could look at) and I would break it into small pieces and swallow it whole with some water. It would take me 2 hrs to finish the sandwich but it seemed to help. And starting every "meal" with doritos . . . that helped as well. But definitely call the doctor. A few more rounds of bloodwork in the scheme of things isn't detrimental. Best of luck for a healthy pregnancy.

AJ
AJ

October 9th, 2011, 2:18 pm #6

I haven't chimed in on your previous posts because I didn't have any advice, but I'm sorry you feel so crappy. I get headaches whenever I'm dehydrated so maybe that's it? I have heard of extreme m/s cases where women actually need IV fluids. In any case if it were me I'd call, if only to put my mind at ease that there's nothing wrong.

bigboy
bigboy

October 9th, 2011, 2:48 pm #7

i thought i was on thursday bc i cant really drink water (it upsets my stomach) but i bit the bullet and started drinking a lot more since then...i can keep it down but its uncomfortable. i thought maybe that was the problem though. i dont think so now though bc ive been really keeping track of it. i just dont know what to do anymore it's really putting a strain on my relationship with my husband and a strain on my relationship with myself bc i have such low self-esteem from this (bc i cant do anything that i used to do). and i dont suffer from self-esteem issues. i go 3 days without showering because it's too much effort. i feel like an invalid.
i will call the doctor tomorrow as they arent open on the weekends. but the biggest problem is the nausea which i know they cant do anything for. i dont have the hypermesis gravideum (or however the hell you spell it) - that's when you need to be hospitalized for an IV bc the vomiting is uncontrollable and you cant keep anything down. so i feel like the OB will just give me some sympathetic eyes and just be like "whatever, it will pass". i dont think OBs take m/s seriously at all.

October 9th, 2011, 3:14 pm #8

Just curious, I did acu during my last pregnancy and she always asked if I was having much m/s b/c there are points them can hit to help with that I guess. Can't tell ya if it helps or not.

I wouldn't take more symptoms as a sign of anything bad...hopefully things will start settling down soon, only a couple more weeks til your well into the 2nd tri. Hang in there....so sorry you're feeling so crummy.

TTC: Since Nov. 2006
Diagnosis: Ovarian Dysfunction & PCOS
28 Years Old
cd3 FSH 16.8
cd10 FSH 13.6
7 Unmonitored Cycles of Clomid
3 Unmonitored Cycles of Letrozole
Positive CCCT
TAB for cysts
1st Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed BDing - 5 mature follies - BFN
TAB for cysts
2nd Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 4 mature follies in play - BFN
3rd Cycle of 150 iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 2 follies - BFN
1st Cycle of Gonal F - 1 follie & cyst on right - BFN
TAB for a cycle
2nd Cycle of Gonal F = BFP!!!!!
11dpo Beta=27.9
14dpo Beta=120
16dpo Beta=210
18dpo Beta=429
21dpo Beta=1064
5w6d - baby measuring 3mm, h/b 101
6w6d - baby measuring 6mm, h/b 126
7w6d - baby 18mm, h/b 171, measuring ahead at 8w2d! RE noticed enlarged yolk sac so keeping a close eye on that
8w6d - baby 2.52cm with h/b of 174
9w5d - baby 3.22cm with h/b of 180 measuring 10w1d
10w6d - baby 4.34cmcm with h/b of 174 measuring 11w1d
12w u/s showed baby at 11.2cm with h/b of 162 - unfortunately, that evening I suffered a horrible m/c of a chromosomally NORMAL girl.... RIP my angel girl...you were loved....

Gonal F with Timed Intercourse-2WW
First cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse since m/c - BFN
2nd Cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse - BFN
TAB for a month on bcp's
3rd Cycle of Gonal F - BFP
-11dpo beta=14.9
-14dpo beta=45.7
-16dpo beta=140
-18dpo beta=366
u/s at 6w1d showed heart-rate of 114!!!!
u/s at 7w1d showed heart-rate of 141!!!!
u/s at 8w showed heart-rate of 179
u/s at 9w showed 2 SCH's, h/r of 197
u/s at 10w showed h/r of 175
u/s at 11w showed h/r of 180
u/s at 12 w showed h/r of 188
12w2d...m/c'd baby at home, lost too much blood, had to have emergency D&C...severely anemic....baby was a chromosomally normal boy
-developed a blood clot in leg 1 1/2 wks post D&C...saw a hematologist and had testing done and everything came back normal, will still treat me with Lovenex on next pregnancy

-First cycle since m/c....Gonal F, triggered with 8 mature follies, T/I - BFP!
-13dpo beta 106, progesterone 21.4
-15dpo beta 260, progesterone 12.2
-16dpo beta 411, progesterone 16
-20dpo beta 845, progesterone 19 (went in for u/s to rule out ectopic, couldn't see anything yet, but lining was thick)
-22dpo beta 1158, progesterone 18
-24dpo beta 1655, progesterone 20
-5w?? u/s showed 2 sacs...one measuring 4w0d, the other measuring 5w1d....possibly vanishing twin???
-6w u/s showed TWINS! 2 h/r's....121, 119. both measuring 6w1d! SCH 1cm
-At 7w pg, tested positive for lupus anticoagulant, on lovenox to treat it, TSH was 2.55
-7w2d u/s showed 2 babies measuring 7w4d & 7w3d, h/r's 158 & 153! SCH 2cm
-8w1d u/s showed 2 babies measuring 8w3d & 8w2d, h/r's 185 & 179! SCH 3cm
-10w2d u/s showed we lost baby A measuring 9w1d and had no h/r...baby B measured 10w1d with a h/r of 180...praying for Baby B to hang on, SCH gone, started thyroid med
-11w1d u/s showed Baby B measuring right on track, h/r of 174
-12w1d had a red bleeding episode & u/s showed Baby B measuring 1 day ahead and a h/r of 168, bleeding likely caused by Baby A's passing
-13w1d had some red spotting & u/s showed Baby B measuring 2 days behind and h/r of 157
-14w...baby measured 14w3d...and I suffered a horrible, very sudden miscarriage...another angel baby...that makes 4.
Saw Dr Mary Stephenson at U of Chicago for recurrent pregnancy loss....dx with Lupus Anticoagluant and Incompetent Cervix, will be treated with lovenox
5-25-11 - Had a Transabdominal Cerclage placed by Dr Haney at U of Chicago

Gonal F with Timed Intercourse (self medicated/unmonitored) BFN
Gonal F with Timed Intercourse: 7 follies in play - BFP at 10dpo!!!
12dpo hcg level 80.5, progesterone 16.8
14dpo hcg level 295, progesterone 18
6w3d u/s showed 1 baby with a h/r of 120, measuring 6w4d
TTC: Since Nov. 2006
Diagnosis: Ovarian Dysfunction & PCOS
26 Years Old
cd3 FSH 16.8
cd10 FSH 13.6
7 Unmonitored Cycles of Clomid
3 Unmonitored Cycles of Letrozole
Positive CCCT
TAB for cysts
1st Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed BDing - 5 mature follies - BFN
TAB for cysts
2nd Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 4 mature follies in play - BFN
3rd Cycle of 150 iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 2 follies - BFN
1st Cycle of Gonal F - 1 follie & cyst on right - BFN
TAB for a cycle
2nd Cycle of Gonal F = BFP!!!!!
11dpo Beta=27.9
14dpo Beta=120
16dpo Beta=210
18dpo Beta=429
21dpo Beta=1064
5w6d - baby measuring 3mm, h/b 101
6w6d - baby measuring 6mm, h/b 126
7w6d - baby 18mm, h/b 171, measuring ahead at 8w2d! RE noticed enlarged yolk sac so keeping a close eye on that
8w6d - baby 2.52cm with h/b of 174
9w5d - baby 3.22cm with h/b of 180 measuring 10w1d
10w6d - baby 4.34cmcm with h/b of 174 measuring 11w1d
12w u/s showed baby at 11.2cm with h/b of 162 - unfortunately, that evening I suffered a horrible m/c of a chromosomally NORMAL girl.... RIP my angel girl...you were loved....

First cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse since m/c - BFN
2nd Cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse - BFN
TAB for a month on bcp's
3rd Cycle of Gonal F - BFP
-11dpo beta=14.9
-14dpo beta=45.7
-16dpo beta=140
-18dpo beta=366
u/s at 6w1d showed heart-rate of 114!!!!
u/s at 7w1d showed heart-rate of 141!!!!
u/s at 8w showed heart-rate of 179
u/s at 9w showed 2 SCH's, h/r of 197
u/s at 10w showed h/r of 175
u/s at 11w showed h/r of 180
u/s at 12 w showed h/r of 188
12w2d...m/c'd baby at home, lost too much blood, had to have emergency D&C...severely anemic....baby was a chromosomally normal boy
-developed a blood clot in leg 1 1/2 wks post D&C...saw a hematologist and had testing done and everything came back normal, will still treat me with Lovenex on next pregnancy

cbsgirl
cbsgirl

October 9th, 2011, 6:21 pm #9

I only had mild nausea in the first trimester, so no direct experience. But, I have a friend who had serious m/s for her entire first pregnancy and most of the second one. I recollect her telling me with her first pregnancy that the Zofran only worked for her if she took it before she even got out of bed in the morning. If she waited until she got up and started moving, then it wouldn't touch the m/s.

Zofran didn't work at all during her second pregnancy and she was in bed all day with a toddler. My acu offered to treat her for free to test out recent training in nausea. It worked, though I don't know if it was just timing, the acu's work, or both, as she was almost through her second trimester by the time she tried it. I would definitely call the doctor tomorrow and I hope you find relief soon.

bigboy
bigboy

October 9th, 2011, 8:15 pm #10

was she throwing up?