Question: Painful swollen lymph nodes on back of neck?

Question: Painful swollen lymph nodes on back of neck?

Sara H
Sara H

May 1st, 2012, 1:09 pm #1

I have very painful, swollen lymph nodes on back of my neck. I found them a couple of days ago, was not sure what they were and made the mistake of squeezing one a bit. (Trying to decided if it as w bug bite on the skin or something under it. Definitely under and there are three so it's the node.) It's the ones right behind my right ear at the base of my skull.

I have no other symptoms of anything, no other swollen glands, no fever or sore throat or any other signs of what I could be fighting. I did, however, get a tick bite about a two weeks ago, which is healed but still a bit lumpy.

It now hurts all the time, it feels better with some heat or some cold but aches again as soon as that is off. It felt a little better with one acetaminophen but I don't want to take more than one at a time.

Any one this kind of thing before? I have a dr. appointment in two days anyway, should go early? I am also supposed to be leaving for the UK for a holiday on Sunday... I am 23 weeks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks, All!

Sara H

May 1st, 2012, 2:02 pm #2

Sorry to hear that, Sara. Sounds painful.

I'd call my Dr to see if he wants to see me right away or if it can wait.

You might be fighting something and being pg, your immune system is lowered... Be sure to mention the tick bite when you call.

keep us posted.
hug
Julie

Sara H
Sara H

May 1st, 2012, 2:14 pm #3

I did call, Dr. not in today but seeing me first thing tomorrow.

Stupid thing just really hurts. Wish I knew what I could do to help the pain! Grrr.
(Online answer seems to be ibuprofen, which of course I can't take pg!)

I'd call my GP but I just switch dr.s and have not seen her yet. She said she'd see me after delivery since I was already with two other dr.s.

Thank you for the thoughts!

Sara H

smrc
smrc

May 1st, 2012, 3:22 pm #4

I have very painful, swollen lymph nodes on back of my neck. I found them a couple of days ago, was not sure what they were and made the mistake of squeezing one a bit. (Trying to decided if it as w bug bite on the skin or something under it. Definitely under and there are three so it's the node.) It's the ones right behind my right ear at the base of my skull.

I have no other symptoms of anything, no other swollen glands, no fever or sore throat or any other signs of what I could be fighting. I did, however, get a tick bite about a two weeks ago, which is healed but still a bit lumpy.

It now hurts all the time, it feels better with some heat or some cold but aches again as soon as that is off. It felt a little better with one acetaminophen but I don't want to take more than one at a time.

Any one this kind of thing before? I have a dr. appointment in two days anyway, should go early? I am also supposed to be leaving for the UK for a holiday on Sunday... I am 23 weeks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks, All!

Sara H
although I generally get swollen lymph nodes when I have a virus. Try to get some rest and agree with the OP that trying to get in to see you dr. sooner rather than later can only help, especially if they want to do any blood tests. keep us updated!