Question from TTC board, input appreciated

Question from TTC board, input appreciated

July 24th, 2012, 12:56 pm #1

Hi....if you did Ivf how many eggs were retrieved and how many fertilized?

I'm going in for ER tomorrow with 10 follicles (EPP and DHEA). Which is amazing for me! My previous stats aren't good (usually get just enough follicles for Iui, last cycle inly had 1 follicle at iui trigger) and given I'm 39 (highest Fsh to date 17) I'm concerned about egg quality/fertilization).

Ivf 1: 5 mature, one fertilized (I was 34, highest FSh at that point was 14.7)
Ivf 2: 6 eggs 4 fertilized
Ivf 3: 8 eggs 1 fertilized (I was 36)

I'm excited to have as many follicles as I do, but afraid to get my hopes up. Would love to hear other's experiences. Tia!!

July 24th, 2012, 7:21 pm #2

got a singleton, which was exactly what we wanted.

10 sounds pretty good! Good luck to you!

Sarah

Erin
Erin

July 24th, 2012, 7:56 pm #3

I'm going in for ER tomorrow with 10 follicles (EPP and DHEA). Which is amazing for me! My previous stats aren't good (usually get just enough follicles for Iui, last cycle inly had 1 follicle at iui trigger) and given I'm 39 (highest Fsh to date 17) I'm concerned about egg quality/fertilization).

I'm excited to have as many follicles as I do, but afraid to get my hopes up. Would love to hear other's experiences. Tia!!
Sometimes you don't need a whole bundle of eggs! Good luck to you!

Alli
Alli

July 24th, 2012, 7:57 pm #4

3 for 3!

July 25th, 2012, 2:15 am #5

Thanks for your responses & encouragement!!

July 25th, 2012, 2:16 am #6

Thanks for your responses & encouragement!!

July 25th, 2012, 1:54 pm #7

I have 11 eggs.....now, as you all know too well, the wait for how many are mature and fertilized begins. But for now I'm thrilled to have this chance!

Sara H
Sara H

July 25th, 2012, 2:29 pm #8

11! That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! (NT)

July 25th, 2012, 4:14 pm #9

Thanks! I'm just praying they fertilize. The waiting is so hard....I'd dare say worse then the 2ww!

Alli
Alli

July 25th, 2012, 5:22 pm #10

I have 11 eggs.....now, as you all know too well, the wait for how many are mature and fertilized begins. But for now I'm thrilled to have this chance!
Hope all goes well!