Poll!

Poll!

August 30th, 2011, 11:22 pm #1

Some of these are questions I have for the general population so I thought what better way than a fun poll!

1. Did you find out or are you planning to find out the sex of the baby?
2. How many months in to the pregnancy did you register and where?
3. If applicable, did you ask the godparents during pregnancy or did you wait till after you gave birth?
4. What is the one thing you can't have to eat/drink that you will the minute you can?
5. Did you or do you plan to splurge on anything baby related? The one item that you know is not practical but just b/c you wanted it.
6. Who are you planning on having in the delivery room with you?
7. What is or was your nickname for your growing baby?

sch1star
sch1star

August 31st, 2011, 12:34 am #2

thanks for the fun!

Yes, we are having a boy! My DH thought at first it should be a surprise...my mom said "uh, that's not going to work for me!" lol!

2. How many months in to the pregnancy did you register and where? 6 mos, when my SIL badgered me to finish, at Amazon.com. We made use of their Universal Registry feature.

3. If applicable, did you ask the godparents during pregnancy or did you wait till after you gave birth?
OMG we need godparents.......

4. What is the one thing you can't have to eat/drink that you will the minute you can?
A turkey sandwich with mayo, mustard and hots, and a martini - dirty!

5. Did you or do you plan to splurge on anything baby related? The one item that you know is not practical but just b/c you wanted it.
Came really close to buying a Coach diaper bag on sale today for half price ($200) but didn't. Does that mean I still get something?

DH, mom and possibly doula (although they are really pissing me off right now!)

We called the baby the pop rock for a long time, but that's not working so well now that my tummy is the size of a beach ball. Now he's just "baby," or when I feel like hassling DH, "the poor baby with no name."

August 31st, 2011, 12:36 am #3

Some of these are questions I have for the general population so I thought what better way than a fun poll!

1. Did you find out or are you planning to find out the sex of the baby? Baby Girl at 20 weeks!
2. How many months in to the pregnancy did you register and where? Maybe between weeks 23 and 30? We did BRU and one local shop.
3. If applicable, did you ask the godparents during pregnancy or did you wait till after you gave birth? Hmm this was a tricky one for us and we got a lot of grief for it, sadly. We did a baptism but had church sponsors ~ they ended up being good friends of ours. We have guardians selected and someone who deal with the financials of our estate. They are all separate people though the guardian and financier are related. We selected a guardian by someone(s) who are most like us; though we could never be replaced we wanted someone(s) with similar values.
4. What is the one thing you can't have to eat/drink that you will the minute you can? I was more disappointed what I couldn't have afterwards ~ all the ice cream!!!
5. Did you or do you plan to splurge on anything baby related? The one item that you know is not practical but just b/c you wanted it. There were a few clothing items that I probably splurged on; I knew they would make good photography props, but they served no other purpose. Since she's our only (hopefully only right now) we probably splurge on her more now!
6. Who are you planning on having in the delivery room with you? It was just DH and I. The hospital I went to was really strict with letting people in for delivery though we planned to have just us.
7. What is or was your nickname for your growing baby? We didn't really have any though afterwards my husband called her peaches all the time; still does and she's 3!

ALM
ALM

August 31st, 2011, 2:26 am #4

Fun Idea - I'm signing off but will jump in tomorrow n/t

bigboy
bigboy

August 31st, 2011, 3:25 pm #5

ill answer these in relation to when i was pg with my son:

. Did you find out or are you planning to find out the sex of the baby?

yes, we found out at 20 weeks. im a planner ; )

i think i started about 7 months. i was at BRU and Land of Nod.

afterwards, that was hard btw bc we both only had female choices so my son actually has two female godparents

i was really just excited to have a glass of wine again

one favorite splurge was the petunia picklebottom diaper bag. could have gotten a much cheaper one but i love it and still use it.

just my husband although my mom stayed with me too until i started pushing. i hope it can be the same if i dont m/c with this pregnancy

i knicknamed myself "penguin" bc i carried really low...and when i saw myself naked in the mirror i just thought i looked like a penguin

ali
ali

August 31st, 2011, 5:35 pm #6

1. Did you find out or are you planning to find out the sex of the baby? **NOPE**

2. How many months in to the pregnancy did you register and where? **3 months but only created a list for myself on amazon for things i need to get (this is our 2nd)**

3. If applicable, did you ask the godparents during pregnancy or did you wait till after you gave birth? **waited a few months after birth**

4. What is the one thing you can't have to eat/drink that you will the minute you can? **spicy tuna rolls & margaritas!**

5. Did you or do you plan to splurge on anything baby related? The one item that you know is not practical but just b/c you wanted it. **nope**

6. Who are you planning on having in the delivery room with you? **husband and my aunt (same as 1st time around)**

7. What is or was your nickname for your growing baby? **no nickname**

Maru
Maru

August 31st, 2011, 8:43 pm #7

Found, and we're having a boy

With my first at 28 weeks, not registering this time. REgistered at Amazon.com and BabiesRUs.

I asked them before.

Drink some good wine! I sometimes do but I feel guilty.

A diaper bag this time around, and probably will buy more because i already have a lot of things from my first pregnancy
Also a PBK crib, with the first one I didn't want to spend that much on a crib, this time I don't care

I'm having a c-section so just me and dad.

The astronaut for Sebastian and this time around we don't have any, we say the baby. Bad parents!

September 1st, 2011, 9:22 pm #8

Yep! I will be surprised enough to see a baby come out of me when the day comes. They told me yesterday at 12w u/s that they guessed boy!

too early for me...but I love amazon.

have not thought about this!

REAL PIZZA!! I am going gluten free for the pregnancy, supposed to help with my immune issues. I have tried making pizza with gluten free crust....yuck! I can bake or find substitutes for everything else,....but I would seriously die for some good pizza!! It hurts just thinking about it.

No, we are so broke after the 4 IVF's that this is not an option for us.

Thinking just my husband. My mom will want to be there, and she is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital I will go to.....but I can just see her trying to take over because of that.

I don't have one, but need one.