Please list your success with IVF at 40-44 - Not 39 please?

Please list your success with IVF at 40-44 - Not 39 please?

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 7th, 2011, 7:57 pm #1

I'm about to embark on IVF at Cornell. I will be 40.6 when it starts.. just curious about old timers on this board. Anyone have success with IVF at 40 (no 39 ers and I know a lot of you squeeze it out then, and I really believe there is a world of difference from 39 and 40 as far as TTC, IMHO. Thank you, in advance.

April 7th, 2011, 9:47 pm #2

To the legendary Kiwichick's successful protocol. She finally had success at 42. You gotta check out the embie pics (link toward the bottom). Her story kept me motivated. http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... 2C+FWIW%29

xoxo, Tracy

Last edited by kittygirltx on April 7th, 2011, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 8th, 2011, 12:02 am #3

I'm about to embark on IVF at Cornell. I will be 40.6 when it starts.. just curious about old timers on this board. Anyone have success with IVF at 40 (no 39 ers and I know a lot of you squeeze it out then, and I really believe there is a world of difference from 39 and 40 as far as TTC, IMHO. Thank you, in advance.
(well, I did have success at 40.99 on a natural cycle as I prepped for ivf#3 with SIRM-NY - got the bfp one week before my 41st birthday) but a friend of mine got pg at 40 from ivf at Cornell. She would have been 40y,9m or so when she cycled by my calculations.

I don't know what her fsh was when she cycled, but I know she was a poor responder and had an fsh of 14 at age 38. It was her first ivf at Cornell (she had been stimmed multiple times at another clinic, but they never took her to ER because she never had enough follies). Her baby is over a year old now!

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 8th, 2011, 12:21 am #4

Thanks for telling me. I really need some more encouragement to dive into this cycle at 17,000 or so. Emotionally I can handle it, but the out of pocket is tough. Do you know who her doctor was? Thank you!

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 8th, 2011, 12:58 am #5

To the legendary Kiwichick's successful protocol. She finally had success at 42. You gotta check out the embie pics (link toward the bottom). Her story kept me motivated. http://www.network54.com/Forum/264844/m ... 2C+FWIW%29

xoxo, Tracy
I have seen this link many times, obsessed with it! It just seems to me their really aren't that many successes with IVf over 40 on these boards, and I'm really worried to plunk down the money. Thanks for taking the time to respond. xoxo BD

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 8th, 2011, 1:45 am #6

BD, yes, I was successful with IVF. I was 41.1 when we conceived.

Due to insurance reasons we had to do 3 IUI's first. We were successful with 1 but m/c'd early on.

Did our first IVF at 41.1. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized. We put back 3. (The other one did not make it to freeze). We have a 2.5 year old DD out of those 3.

MDL protocol.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I'm on the Over 40 board so feel free to reach out there, too.

April 8th, 2011, 1:56 am #7

and you already know my stats, but I just think this thread should be longer

BabyDance
BabyDance

April 8th, 2011, 2:13 am #8

Can't make a firm decision and stick to it about Cornell. You certainly inspire me... but your stats are better then me and your protocol was higher stim.. so happy they worked for you, just want to make an informed decision about them working for me, especially when Spandy didn't think I should do it... arghhhhhhh....xoxoxox

BD
BD

April 8th, 2011, 2:20 am #9

BD, yes, I was successful with IVF. I was 41.1 when we conceived.

Due to insurance reasons we had to do 3 IUI's first. We were successful with 1 but m/c'd early on.

Did our first IVF at 41.1. Retrieved 6 eggs, 4 fertilized. We put back 3. (The other one did not make it to freeze). We have a 2.5 year old DD out of those 3.

MDL protocol.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I'm on the Over 40 board so feel free to reach out there, too.
Did you have high FSH? I really just want to make an informed decision with this upcoming IVF cycle. Thank you.

April 8th, 2011, 2:52 am #10

Can't make a firm decision and stick to it about Cornell. You certainly inspire me... but your stats are better then me and your protocol was higher stim.. so happy they worked for you, just want to make an informed decision about them working for me, especially when Spandy didn't think I should do it... arghhhhhhh....xoxoxox
Even my RE agreed we'd go back to the old protocol. I'm not complaining now though. And btw, your stats are arguably better than mine since you are younger and my DH's sperm are even more dazed and confused than my eggs!

My $0.02, and I am no Cornell disciple, is Cornell = lab = MF. But maybe it comes down to whether you're in the mood tonight!