Please keep posting about your success!

Please keep posting about your success!

June 1st, 2012, 2:10 pm #1

Hi everyone!

I am visiting from the "other board" but want to congratulate everyone who is currently PG. The main thing that gets me through all of this IF stuff is reading these success stories. Please keep them coming and best wishes to all of you!

Also, is there anything that you attribute to your BFP (e.g., supplements, OPK, accupuncture)?

June 1st, 2012, 2:40 pm #2

I posted this on the other board, but since you ask. . . I finally got pregnant on my 8th IUI (with follistim), and I've no idea whether it was chance or whether it was something that I did differently. I did have acupuncture the day before and the day after the IUI. I also ate a lot of fat (avocados, eggs, butter) for the next couple of weeks. Around the time that implantation was supposed to happen, I had a massage, and my massage therapist rubbed my ankles and told me to have my husband do it regularly, too--supposedly it stimulates the uterus. No idea whether any of this mattered, or whether I just finally hit the odds. Good luck!!!

Teresa
Teresa

June 1st, 2012, 3:03 pm #3

Hi everyone!

I am visiting from the "other board" but want to congratulate everyone who is currently PG. The main thing that gets me through all of this IF stuff is reading these success stories. Please keep them coming and best wishes to all of you!

Also, is there anything that you attribute to your BFP (e.g., supplements, OPK, accupuncture)?

Hiya BrewersFan,

I'm glad you're visiting here, I used to come here too when I needed to see success stories and it always gave me hope. Especially the stories of the women in their late 30's early 40's (I am 39 turning 40 in August) And I am here now and I STILL search this pink board for successes with carrying to FT because I still need to know there is success. I still need hope and help:)

I'm not sure if I am the best one to share my own success with you, because I didn't do IVF or IUI. My highest FSH was 12, and I know now from these boards, that a 12 isn't earth shattering ( although as it was presented to me when I was told by a Dr who pretty much told me I was "doomed") Oh, the diagnosis was so upsetting to me when I got it, and I did go on to conceive that SAME month though I miscarried. I've had recurrent miscarriages, four in total. I also have an intramural fibroid and endometriosis. I'm AMA (turning 40 in August) and if this succeeds, this will be our first child. I am here "for now", but holding my breath even as I type this because it's still very very early (only 7w4d today) and I'm terrified every minute of every day. I sort of feel like my success won't mean much because many others here had to go through much more to get their BFP, but anyway, this is my medical history and what happened for me.

I was preparing for my 3rd saline sono hysterogram, after my AF arrived, to determine if a 2.3 cm intramural fibroid ought to be removed via myomectomy. The last RE I saw (and the only RE out of the 4 I saw, to say this) felt it should come out and it might be what was causing my problems.

Then, after 7 months of trying and nothing, right before I made peace with possibly having to do the surgery, I got a natural BFP.

I tried acupuncture right after my last loss, September, October, November and December, and about 2 weeks into January. 2x a week. I spent insane amounts of money on Chinese herbs. They did not work for me, nor did the acupuncture. I even took them on a plane to the caribbean and made sure I drank them every day as instructed (in between the occasional pina colada)I didnt have a great acupuncturist and he left me very bruised and he also left me very upset several times because he said some hurtful things to me (one being "you have to "will" yourself a baby") Oh, right...so THAT'S what I've not been doing! JERK!

I used OPK's. I did prenatal yoga. I quit alcohol all together. I meditated. I gave up red meat. I gave up coffee, sugar. I took Co-Q10 200 mg 2x a day, once in the night. No success. OMG I even went to a psychic (I have never admitted this to anyone!) I prayed to St Gerard alot. Nothing was happening.

The month I FINALLY decided to go ahead and get the saline sono (I struggled with this big time for many reasons) I decided to hell with it. Kind of went off the deep end. I started eating steaks 2x a week. (I felt so much energy from those steaks, yum) I started drinking my coffee again, 2x a day. I started having wine again a few times a week.

***About a month before getting this BFP, I started taking vitamin D3 for the first time. 2000mg 1x a day (morning). My husband and I BD but didn't stress the right time because I was going in for the sono saline and never thought I was going to wind up with a PG. Not in 1,000 years, not after trying all these other things for 8 months and nada. I also had a deep tissue massage, my DH bought me a membership to M. assa. ge En. vy to help me "destress" and to help with my depression, I was having a hard time because my "would have been "due date was coming up and I was struggling for months with it, crying every day for a long time (my due date fell on my beloved Nannys birthday and I thought it was a sign from her and I struggled with why it was taken from me)

I tend to think that maybe the vitamin D3 helped in some way and possibly the massages. Maybe even going back to eating red meat. Also, for the first time in many months, I didn't feel stressed out. (I would NEVER EVER say to 'just relax" because I think that's crazy) but I was technically "on a break" from TTC so the "pressure" was off. I had the mentality of being "done" TMI but BD had become very mechanical for many months, not enjoyable like it used to be. The month we got lucky, it felt much better, not mechanical, but fun again. DH and I had come to a place where "if it happens, it will be wonderful and if it doesn't, our marriage is strong and we have a plan "b" I do think that having that in place and being on the same page, helped my stress level. (I speak about stress because if you met me in real life, I am very type A, everything has to be in it's place, I'm hyper and wound very tight) and I just "slowed down". Accepting whatever life hands us, child or not, we will be okay. After 4 losses, I know my limit. And even now, we have discussed the previous losses and the risk factors I am facing (fibroid, my age, my history) and we know if this doesn't work out, what our next step will be and there is alot of solace in that, it helps get me through the days where I feel like i can't breathe because I'm so scared (and those days are often).

I also want to tell you that for me, my FSH reading was 12, I started taking the CoQ-10 in December and when I had my FSH taken in March it has gone down to 8.6. I don't know what it was this cycle when I conceived because I wasn't testing it as I was not trying.

****In a nutshell, I think CoQ10 was a good thing that helped me, Vitamin D3 is another very good thing that helped me, getting enough iron and stress levels down were good things.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's corny but I do pray for every woman on these boards, the DE boards, the over 40 boards, the High FSH board and the pink board. I know it's not the answer of course but praying/good thoughts can't hurt. I pray that you will get your BFP very soon. Don't give up and when you have to take a step back, that's okay too, it can be a good thing. Sorry this wound up so long.

Love, Teresa

June 1st, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

I posted this on the other board, but since you ask. . . I finally got pregnant on my 8th IUI (with follistim), and I've no idea whether it was chance or whether it was something that I did differently. I did have acupuncture the day before and the day after the IUI. I also ate a lot of fat (avocados, eggs, butter) for the next couple of weeks. Around the time that implantation was supposed to happen, I had a massage, and my massage therapist rubbed my ankles and told me to have my husband do it regularly, too--supposedly it stimulates the uterus. No idea whether any of this mattered, or whether I just finally hit the odds. Good luck!!!
My husband gives great massages so now I will have another reason to request one!

June 1st, 2012, 3:36 pm #5

Hiya BrewersFan,

I'm glad you're visiting here, I used to come here too when I needed to see success stories and it always gave me hope. Especially the stories of the women in their late 30's early 40's (I am 39 turning 40 in August) And I am here now and I STILL search this pink board for successes with carrying to FT because I still need to know there is success. I still need hope and help:)

I'm not sure if I am the best one to share my own success with you, because I didn't do IVF or IUI. My highest FSH was 12, and I know now from these boards, that a 12 isn't earth shattering ( although as it was presented to me when I was told by a Dr who pretty much told me I was "doomed") Oh, the diagnosis was so upsetting to me when I got it, and I did go on to conceive that SAME month though I miscarried. I've had recurrent miscarriages, four in total. I also have an intramural fibroid and endometriosis. I'm AMA (turning 40 in August) and if this succeeds, this will be our first child. I am here "for now", but holding my breath even as I type this because it's still very very early (only 7w4d today) and I'm terrified every minute of every day. I sort of feel like my success won't mean much because many others here had to go through much more to get their BFP, but anyway, this is my medical history and what happened for me.

I was preparing for my 3rd saline sono hysterogram, after my AF arrived, to determine if a 2.3 cm intramural fibroid ought to be removed via myomectomy. The last RE I saw (and the only RE out of the 4 I saw, to say this) felt it should come out and it might be what was causing my problems.

Then, after 7 months of trying and nothing, right before I made peace with possibly having to do the surgery, I got a natural BFP.

I tried acupuncture right after my last loss, September, October, November and December, and about 2 weeks into January. 2x a week. I spent insane amounts of money on Chinese herbs. They did not work for me, nor did the acupuncture. I even took them on a plane to the caribbean and made sure I drank them every day as instructed (in between the occasional pina colada)I didnt have a great acupuncturist and he left me very bruised and he also left me very upset several times because he said some hurtful things to me (one being "you have to "will" yourself a baby") Oh, right...so THAT'S what I've not been doing! JERK!

I used OPK's. I did prenatal yoga. I quit alcohol all together. I meditated. I gave up red meat. I gave up coffee, sugar. I took Co-Q10 200 mg 2x a day, once in the night. No success. OMG I even went to a psychic (I have never admitted this to anyone!) I prayed to St Gerard alot. Nothing was happening.

The month I FINALLY decided to go ahead and get the saline sono (I struggled with this big time for many reasons) I decided to hell with it. Kind of went off the deep end. I started eating steaks 2x a week. (I felt so much energy from those steaks, yum) I started drinking my coffee again, 2x a day. I started having wine again a few times a week.

***About a month before getting this BFP, I started taking vitamin D3 for the first time. 2000mg 1x a day (morning). My husband and I BD but didn't stress the right time because I was going in for the sono saline and never thought I was going to wind up with a PG. Not in 1,000 years, not after trying all these other things for 8 months and nada. I also had a deep tissue massage, my DH bought me a membership to M. assa. ge En. vy to help me "destress" and to help with my depression, I was having a hard time because my "would have been "due date was coming up and I was struggling for months with it, crying every day for a long time (my due date fell on my beloved Nannys birthday and I thought it was a sign from her and I struggled with why it was taken from me)

I tend to think that maybe the vitamin D3 helped in some way and possibly the massages. Maybe even going back to eating red meat. Also, for the first time in many months, I didn't feel stressed out. (I would NEVER EVER say to 'just relax" because I think that's crazy) but I was technically "on a break" from TTC so the "pressure" was off. I had the mentality of being "done" TMI but BD had become very mechanical for many months, not enjoyable like it used to be. The month we got lucky, it felt much better, not mechanical, but fun again. DH and I had come to a place where "if it happens, it will be wonderful and if it doesn't, our marriage is strong and we have a plan "b" I do think that having that in place and being on the same page, helped my stress level. (I speak about stress because if you met me in real life, I am very type A, everything has to be in it's place, I'm hyper and wound very tight) and I just "slowed down". Accepting whatever life hands us, child or not, we will be okay. After 4 losses, I know my limit. And even now, we have discussed the previous losses and the risk factors I am facing (fibroid, my age, my history) and we know if this doesn't work out, what our next step will be and there is alot of solace in that, it helps get me through the days where I feel like i can't breathe because I'm so scared (and those days are often).

I also want to tell you that for me, my FSH reading was 12, I started taking the CoQ-10 in December and when I had my FSH taken in March it has gone down to 8.6. I don't know what it was this cycle when I conceived because I wasn't testing it as I was not trying.

****In a nutshell, I think CoQ10 was a good thing that helped me, Vitamin D3 is another very good thing that helped me, getting enough iron and stress levels down were good things.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's corny but I do pray for every woman on these boards, the DE boards, the over 40 boards, the High FSH board and the pink board. I know it's not the answer of course but praying/good thoughts can't hurt. I pray that you will get your BFP very soon. Don't give up and when you have to take a step back, that's okay too, it can be a good thing. Sorry this wound up so long.

Love, Teresa
I so greatly appreciate that you took the time to write back. I think that one day you should write a book about what you have been through. I am praying for you, too and rooting for you along your way!

I have been reading about Vitamin D3 so will definitely look into adding that to my supplement list. I figure that it can't hurt!

Thanks again so much!

June 1st, 2012, 4:03 pm #6

I also started taking a B complex vitamin, D3, and Krill oil.

June 1st, 2012, 5:10 pm #7

Hi everyone!

Hi!

I wanted to share what seemed to lead to success for my sister although she was doing sooo many things at once it is hard to pinpoint exactly what the magic formula was. : )

Back in early December she was diagnosed as having an FSH of 21, AMH of .2 and AFC of only one or two. She was being seen at CCRM and they told her to try a few things for 3 months before jumping directly into IVF. They were not very confident that IVF would even work but were willing to try. For 3 months she:
Went to Acupuncture weekly
Took DHEA that was prescribed by her RE
Took thyroid medication because she found out she was hypothyroid
Took supplements that included Wheatgrass, CoQ10, and B vitamins
Tried to eat a lot more organically and cut out a lot of sugar and alcohol.

While she was waiting in March for her cycle so start to retest her FSH... she got a very surprising natural BFP. It was a rocky start for her but right now she is 14 weeks with a healthy little one on the way! She has told me that she wishes she knew what it was that worked for her because after this she and her DH would like to try for #2. They had been TTC for 18 months prior and it is just crazy that she got a natural BFP days before she was supposed to start IVF.

I have an FSH of 11.5 and I know that isn't very high. My OB was concerned and of course I was a wreck after talking with her. It probably isn't very surprising that I got pregnant naturally but I felt very lucky that I did. I took Wheatgrass, CoQ10 and Fertility Blend. I took the Fertility Blend for 2 months before my BFP and I am not sure if it did the trick or not but I am inclined to think so.

I want to wish you the best of luck and I hope I could offer a little inspiration. I remember that early on I promised myself that if my sister or I ever ended up pregnant I would do what I could to help spread hope because all we did for hours at a time was search the internet for stories of success.

Best Wishes!

June 1st, 2012, 5:52 pm #8

Hi everyone!

On the over-40 board. I posted on 2/15/12. Having trouble linking to it from my phone. It's on pg 11 or so at the moment. In there I also link to my "what worked" post from when I got pg with DS.

Tiny bit of background - got pg the first time at almost 41, this time at 43. Only have one ovary, and am hypothyroid from Hashimoto's. Fsh was a bit elevated at over 10, but am a proven poor responder to fertility meds. I consider DS DS quite a miracle, and know I'm incredibly blessed to be pg again with a dd. Best of luck to you, and I hope you can find something useful in my posts.

June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm #9

Hi!

I wanted to share what seemed to lead to success for my sister although she was doing sooo many things at once it is hard to pinpoint exactly what the magic formula was. : )

Back in early December she was diagnosed as having an FSH of 21, AMH of .2 and AFC of only one or two. She was being seen at CCRM and they told her to try a few things for 3 months before jumping directly into IVF. They were not very confident that IVF would even work but were willing to try. For 3 months she:
Went to Acupuncture weekly
Took DHEA that was prescribed by her RE
Took thyroid medication because she found out she was hypothyroid
Took supplements that included Wheatgrass, CoQ10, and B vitamins
Tried to eat a lot more organically and cut out a lot of sugar and alcohol.

While she was waiting in March for her cycle so start to retest her FSH... she got a very surprising natural BFP. It was a rocky start for her but right now she is 14 weeks with a healthy little one on the way! She has told me that she wishes she knew what it was that worked for her because after this she and her DH would like to try for #2. They had been TTC for 18 months prior and it is just crazy that she got a natural BFP days before she was supposed to start IVF.

I have an FSH of 11.5 and I know that isn't very high. My OB was concerned and of course I was a wreck after talking with her. It probably isn't very surprising that I got pregnant naturally but I felt very lucky that I did. I took Wheatgrass, CoQ10 and Fertility Blend. I took the Fertility Blend for 2 months before my BFP and I am not sure if it did the trick or not but I am inclined to think so.

I want to wish you the best of luck and I hope I could offer a little inspiration. I remember that early on I promised myself that if my sister or I ever ended up pregnant I would do what I could to help spread hope because all we did for hours at a time was search the internet for stories of success.

Best Wishes!
Thanks so much for writing about you and your sister. I remember reading about her story when I first joined here and although I am nearing 37 in a few months, her numbers were very similar to mine. I have not heard of the Fertility Blend but will do some research on it. Thanks again so much and best wishes to you and your sister!

June 1st, 2012, 6:41 pm #10

On the over-40 board. I posted on 2/15/12. Having trouble linking to it from my phone. It's on pg 11 or so at the moment. In there I also link to my "what worked" post from when I got pg with DS.

Tiny bit of background - got pg the first time at almost 41, this time at 43. Only have one ovary, and am hypothyroid from Hashimoto's. Fsh was a bit elevated at over 10, but am a proven poor responder to fertility meds. I consider DS DS quite a miracle, and know I'm incredibly blessed to be pg again with a dd. Best of luck to you, and I hope you can find something useful in my posts.
After I write this, I will be checking out your post on the other board. I love hearing stories like this! Thanks so much for responding!