Pg again...nervous but want to believe! (child &m/c ment)

Pg again...nervous but want to believe! (child &m/c ment)

ajc
ajc

August 19th, 2012, 1:46 am #1

Hi all, I am 41.9 and have been ttc no 2 for over 2.5 years. We have done about 10 cycles of clomid (2 with inject) and 2 fresh and one frozen IVF---the results of which were 2 chemicals, 1 m/c and multiple BFN's. I produce a bunch of eggs (for my age) but the quality is apparently poor--my last IVF cycle produced 10/10 CGH abnormals.

I am currently (miraculously!) pg naturally and have only been pg naturally one other time in 6 years of no bc, which ended in my first m/c (I had a m/c and a CP before my daughter 4 years ago). So, 5 losses and this would be my 7th pg. I really, really want it to work out but I'm naturally very nervous!!

I was lined up to do another fresh cycle in Oct and DE in December before this so if this works, DH and I will just be over the moon!

I ovulate late normally, but this cycle was even later--sometime between day 19-23. If you go with I ov'd on day 21, then my first beta was at 20DPO and was a mere 339, which was a little worrisome. Two days later, it was at 937 so I feel better about that. I asked my OB if I could check my TSH (I have hashimotos) and she put the order in and also added HCG there so I should know a new beta no on Monday morning. I'm nervous! If that beta is okay, my first u/s is the 24th , which should be around 6 weeks and 1-3 days.

The other kind of good news was that my acupuncturist told me yesterday that my pulse that is connected to pg sounded strong. So far, so good...?

Fingers crossed!!

Me: 41, pcos, one copy MTHFR, hashimotos, all immunity testing came out pretty good, tons of eggs but bad quality
DH: 46, all fine.
one DD, 4 years

liz Portland OR
liz Portland OR

August 19th, 2012, 2:18 pm #2

congrats!!!
I too am surprised that I conceived naturally at 42... my regular OB / GYN said to me that he always tells patients
based on what he has seen over the years -
"infertility is not a good form of birth control".

Are you on progesterone vag. supplements? I would get a script for 200mg twice a day.
Take it easy these first weeks....

love & baby dust to you,
liz

Laura
Laura

August 19th, 2012, 2:20 pm #3

Hi all, I am 41.9 and have been ttc no 2 for over 2.5 years. We have done about 10 cycles of clomid (2 with inject) and 2 fresh and one frozen IVF---the results of which were 2 chemicals, 1 m/c and multiple BFN's. I produce a bunch of eggs (for my age) but the quality is apparently poor--my last IVF cycle produced 10/10 CGH abnormals.

I am currently (miraculously!) pg naturally and have only been pg naturally one other time in 6 years of no bc, which ended in my first m/c (I had a m/c and a CP before my daughter 4 years ago). So, 5 losses and this would be my 7th pg. I really, really want it to work out but I'm naturally very nervous!!

I was lined up to do another fresh cycle in Oct and DE in December before this so if this works, DH and I will just be over the moon!

I ovulate late normally, but this cycle was even later--sometime between day 19-23. If you go with I ov'd on day 21, then my first beta was at 20DPO and was a mere 339, which was a little worrisome. Two days later, it was at 937 so I feel better about that. I asked my OB if I could check my TSH (I have hashimotos) and she put the order in and also added HCG there so I should know a new beta no on Monday morning. I'm nervous! If that beta is okay, my first u/s is the 24th , which should be around 6 weeks and 1-3 days.

The other kind of good news was that my acupuncturist told me yesterday that my pulse that is connected to pg sounded strong. So far, so good...?

Fingers crossed!!

Me: 41, pcos, one copy MTHFR, hashimotos, all immunity testing came out pretty good, tons of eggs but bad quality
one DD, 4 years
A BFP is a BFP! Are you having your p4 checked, too? If you've had quality problems, you wouldn't want the CL to fall apart too early.

ajc
ajc

August 19th, 2012, 5:26 pm #4

congrats!!!
I too am surprised that I conceived naturally at 42... my regular OB / GYN said to me that he always tells patients

Are you on progesterone vag. supplements? I would get a script for 200mg twice a day.

love & baby dust to you,
liz
hi there,

Thank you both for the congrats! I am so glad to feel like I"m not the only one riding this emotional roller coaster (haha)!

I didn't do an HPT until about 5-6 days after AF was due (i was out of town and never thought this could happen) but after that pos, I started myself on 1 Prometrium vaginally at night. Then, 5 days later, my acupuncturist told me to do one in am and one at night so now I'm on that regimen. My OB has not mentioned this, but I've been down the road so many times with the RE's and I know I'm supposed to be on something, just in case! I'll "confess" at my first OB appt this Friday, assuming the HCG check yesterday turns out favorable.

Thank you for pointing it out to me and for the well wishes! I'm sure I'll be back with more Q's/ anxiety (haha). Today I woke up with (TMI) watery discharge and am trying not to panic because it seems to ring a bell in my memory bank that this happened with my DD pg.

Also, has anyone had night sweats? I was really really hot last night, didn't wet my nightgown or anything, but was definitely sweating (and a/c was on). I'm probably 5-6 weeks by now, at a guess...

ajc
ajc

August 19th, 2012, 5:28 pm #5

A BFP is a BFP! Are you having your p4 checked, too? If you've had quality problems, you wouldn't want the CL to fall apart too early.
thanks for the post! Is this progesterone? The day after the pos HPT (5-6 days past AF due), my OB checked HCG and progesterone. The night before I had done a Prometrium suppository and took one orally so not sure if that gave me a 'boost', but my progesterone, I believe they said, was 30? They said that was good?

Since then (as I put in my previous post), I have started to do a Prometrium suppository at night and in the am-hope this works!

jkl
jkl

August 19th, 2012, 6:17 pm #6

congrats!!!

love & baby dust to you,
liz
I like that quote! I was definitely thinking infertility +over 40= pretty good birth control! Guess not! I am also 42 with a surprise pregnancy!

jkl

Teresa
Teresa

August 19th, 2012, 9:04 pm #7

Fingers crossed!!

one DD, 4 years
Hi, just wanted to wish you a huge congratulations and welcome to the "pink" board! Here's to a happy & healthy 9 months for you and your little one. I'm glad to see you started prometrium!

Wishing you the very best!

August 19th, 2012, 10:30 pm #8

Fingers crossed!!

one DD, 4 years
rough ride here and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hang in there and keep us posted.
hugs
jm

Erin
Erin

August 20th, 2012, 12:16 am #9

hi there,

Thank you both for the congrats! I am so glad to feel like I"m not the only one riding this emotional roller coaster (haha)!

I didn't do an HPT until about 5-6 days after AF was due (i was out of town and never thought this could happen) but after that pos, I started myself on 1 Prometrium vaginally at night. Then, 5 days later, my acupuncturist told me to do one in am and one at night so now I'm on that regimen. My OB has not mentioned this, but I've been down the road so many times with the RE's and I know I'm supposed to be on something, just in case! I'll "confess" at my first OB appt this Friday, assuming the HCG check yesterday turns out favorable.

Thank you for pointing it out to me and for the well wishes! I'm sure I'll be back with more Q's/ anxiety (haha). Today I woke up with (TMI) watery discharge and am trying not to panic because it seems to ring a bell in my memory bank that this happened with my DD pg.

Also, has anyone had night sweats? I was really really hot last night, didn't wet my nightgown or anything, but was definitely sweating (and a/c was on). I'm probably 5-6 weeks by now, at a guess...
I had sweats (sometimes at night and sometimes during the day) early on and I had the watery d/c (actually I still do, and to the point where I went to see my OB convinced I was leaking amniotic fluid! Not so much... It's normal apparently ). Congratulations again and wishing you a happy and healthy 9mos!

ajc
ajc

August 20th, 2012, 3:41 am #10

Thanks! I feel a little better now that it sounds normal to someone else

Whew..!