passing the hat around

passing the hat around

June 10th, 2011, 4:23 pm #1

Hi everybody

I really hate to ask, I really do but I must.

To keep the ads off this forum, we pay a fee every 6 months. It costs about 35$. I understand that times are tough but even giving 1$-2$ helps a lot, it all gets collected together and amounts to a lot. In other words, it's not "cheap" to give 1-2$. I've done that on other BBs, even.

We have an account with paypal, it would be payable to pgdespiteif at ymail.com. Alternately you can send me a cheque if you don't want to use paypal. Email me at blythejuliemam at yahoo.com and we'll work it out

If you do give something through paypal, send me an email at the moderator's addy to be sure I got it (blythejuliemam at yahoo.com) even though paypal does send me notifications, I just like to be redundant about stuff (to the exasperation of my DH)

Just to be clear (remember, I love being redundant) participation on this BB is free, wide open and welcome wether or not you've given a donation

Your moderators,
Juliemam and Blythe

June 11th, 2011, 3:22 pm #2

Thank so much Kerri and Katie!! (not sure if it's ok to name them Please let me know, I'd love to thank you in name)

We now have enough to keep the ads off until next renewal and a bit beyond.

Thank you so much!! It is deeply appreciated.

eta names

Juliemam
Last edited by JessMich on June 11th, 2011, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZakiaZ
ZakiaZ

June 11th, 2011, 5:40 pm #3

Hi everybody

To keep the ads off this forum, we pay a fee every 6 months. It costs about 35$. I understand that times are tough but even giving 1$-2$ helps a lot, it all gets collected together and amounts to a lot. In other words, it's not "cheap" to give 1-2$. I've done that on other BBs, even.

We have an account with paypal, it would be payable to pgdespiteif at ymail.com. Alternately you can send me a cheque if you don't want to use paypal. Email me at blythejuliemam at yahoo.com and we'll work it out

If you do give something through paypal, send me an email at the moderator's addy to be sure I got it (blythejuliemam at yahoo.com) even though paypal does send me notifications, I just like to be redundant about stuff (to the exasperation of my DH)

Just to be clear (remember, I love being redundant) participation on this BB is free, wide open and welcome wether or not you've given a donation

Your moderators,
Juliemam and Blythe
I had completely forgotten. I just sent it.

Thanks for the reminder

Talk later,
Z.

ZakiaZ
ZakiaZ

June 11th, 2011, 5:47 pm #4

Thank so much Kerri and Katie!! (not sure if it's ok to name them Please let me know, I'd love to thank you in name)

eta names

Juliemam
just think if you didn't have it how much harder your pg journey would be.

Hope you don't mind me posting this JM and pls don't hesitate to remove it if it's not appropriate. I just felt compelled to remind others that like you said, every little bit helps. The board is VERY difficult when there are ads on it. ALL over your posts so just think of it this way, support, advice and encouragement for a few bucks is quite a deal, steal, or whatever, it's just damn good when it's free of annoying and sometimes inappropriate ads.

Z.

p.s. I remember the time when someone suffered a loss and by coincidence, there was an ad posted for funeral arrangements. Of course the ad people don't know and don't have any reason to care. Anyway, how horrid. Yep, they can get pretty inappropriate.

June 11th, 2011, 7:49 pm #5

Hi everybody

Your moderators,
Juliemam and Blythe
Thank you all who have donated!!

Katie, Kerri, Zakia and Mrs A. I really really appreciate this and we are good to go for a while now, until December 2012!! (see above, I've put the date there too; next to where it says how to make donations)

And Zakia is right about those pesky ads. So often I'd see inappropriate ads on these IF BBs--the secondary BB has been abandoned by the owner and the ads are strewn all over. The new secondary BB is well maintained/moderated, see the link above. (heck, hopefully y'all won't need the secondary IF BB when it comes time to ttc#2 and beyond but if you do, go check it out. After ttc my #1 for 4yrs, I thought I was "cured" and when it didn't happen right away, I hung out on the original secondary bb and loved the company there, so ya, hope you don't need the secondaryIFbb.

juliemam
Last edited by JessMich on June 11th, 2011, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 11th, 2011, 7:56 pm #6

just think if you didn't have it how much harder your pg journey would be.

Hope you don't mind me posting this JM and pls don't hesitate to remove it if it's not appropriate. I just felt compelled to remind others that like you said, every little bit helps. The board is VERY difficult when there are ads on it. ALL over your posts so just think of it this way, support, advice and encouragement for a few bucks is quite a deal, steal, or whatever, it's just damn good when it's free of annoying and sometimes inappropriate ads.

Z.

p.s. I remember the time when someone suffered a loss and by coincidence, there was an ad posted for funeral arrangements. Of course the ad people don't know and don't have any reason to care. Anyway, how horrid. Yep, they can get pretty inappropriate.
and thanks for reminding us. I know that ads are a pain but I forget how offensive or shocking they can be.

One would simply need to go to the old secondary BB to find out how difficult it can be to read posts with these flashing ads, all related to fertility or slightly linked to fertility (like the dreadful funeral one you mentioned. ugh, my heart, eh??)

jm

June 11th, 2011, 8:27 pm #7

I had completely forgotten. I just sent it.

Thanks for the reminder

Talk later,
Z.

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie
Jamie

June 11th, 2011, 8:39 pm #8

eta names

Juliemam
I'm happy to provide it--without this board I wouldn't have my daughter.

Bethpky
Bethpky

June 11th, 2011, 10:22 pm #9

Hi everybody

Your moderators,
Juliemam and Blythe
Hope it helps! Goodness knows I owe this and the other High FSH Board far more than the amount I contributed. Let me know if you need more.

Bethpky

June 11th, 2011, 10:29 pm #10

I'm happy to provide it--without this board I wouldn't have my daughter.
we got enough to last us until December 2012

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~