NT results

NT results

August 5th, 2011, 10:15 pm #1

The genetic counselor called me today with fabulous results. We are beyond excited. She even said one of the results was what they see in younger 20's patients. It made me giggle b/c when my nana use to go to the hospital, all the aides would tell her she has the blood pressure of young person. It was just a touching moment.

The weird thing though is all of a sudden I don't feel that many symptoms anymore. I have an appointment on MOnday so I am hoping to hear the heartbeat. Once I hear it again, I am going to finally start telling people. I can't take both sides asking when they can release the news. I should be 13 and a half weeks then. I know there is still a chance for bad stuff but I passed the 12.5 which was my huge internal hurdle.

August 5th, 2011, 11:49 pm #2

and I know you are worried about the symptoms going away. Iand I feel for you because you have reason to be worried (prev loss) BUT I can tell you that with me (and I am sure others will chime in with similar experiences) that once that placenta takes over, the symptoms take a break. It drove me insane.

I was so convinced that at my 18wk us (back then and it's wasn't really that long ago, there wasn't NP testing, only triple screen so no u/s at 12wks. CAn you imagine??) there would be terrible news. I was sick with worry and I didn't say a word to DH because I just knew he wouldn't understand and try to make light of my worries or he'd be even more worried than I.
It was the kind of u/s that you had to drink water so I also drank some juice to make sure the bean wouldn't sleep through the exam and give me a heat attack. He was candy for my eyes even though I was crying through the whole u/s. Soon after that I could feel the flutters and that was a huge comfort to me.

I hope that you feel the flutters soon and that the nausea comes back in a minimal way to help give you comfort. Hang in there, this is the hardest time for sure.

hug
jm

JulesM
JulesM

August 6th, 2011, 11:42 am #3

The genetic counselor called me today with fabulous results. We are beyond excited. She even said one of the results was what they see in younger 20's patients. It made me giggle b/c when my nana use to go to the hospital, all the aides would tell her she has the blood pressure of young person. It was just a touching moment.

The weird thing though is all of a sudden I don't feel that many symptoms anymore. I have an appointment on MOnday so I am hoping to hear the heartbeat. Once I hear it again, I am going to finally start telling people. I can't take both sides asking when they can release the news. I should be 13 and a half weeks then. I know there is still a chance for bad stuff but I passed the 12.5 which was my huge internal hurdle.
This is very exciting news. The relief must feel wonderful!

Maru
Maru

August 7th, 2011, 3:58 pm #4

And dont worry about the symptoms, they're supposed to go away

Enjoy the second trimester!!

ALM
ALM

August 7th, 2011, 6:21 pm #5

That is wonderful news. That's when I plan to tell as well, after the 12 week mark. My family doesn't know AT ALL, so it's going to be a really fun surprise. I think 13.5 weeks is safe, and you may as well tell them before it gets so obvious that they know anyhow...that's no fun! Good Luck!!

August 7th, 2011, 9:41 pm #6

Congrats on this milestone!

sch1star
sch1star

August 8th, 2011, 12:36 am #7

Congrats! I know these results marked a real turning point for me stress wise. And this is "new history" for you now too - fun times now!!

End of T1 - between stopping P4 support and especially placenta kicking in - was a major change for me symptom wise. Body just felt like it was adapting. So phew - a gift!

Meg
Meg

August 8th, 2011, 5:40 pm #8

for you, Newbie. I know you were really worried about making it past the 12.5-week mark...and you made it! Enjoy this special time and have fun telling people

Hugs,
Meg