newcomer

newcomer

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

June 8th, 2012, 3:03 pm #1

hello everyone.
i am very, very cautiously coming over to introduce myself, moving from the over 40 board. i've posted my details over there (including the details of an hpt debacle involving false positive due to forgetting about my hcg trigger), but to summarize - i'm 43.6 and after having DS 3.5 years ago i've had 3 miscarriages in a row and a year and a half of trying to no avail since. finally, i've just lucked into a BFP. i have antiphospholipid syndrome (an autoimmune clotting disorder) and elevated NK cells and am on a battery of immune treatments, which i hope will make the difference in helping this one stick. oh, i hope! anyway, i've been reading all your posts as a lurker for a good while (thank you ) and am excited to join in. at only 4 weeks it seems a little silly (barely pregnant! don't jink it!) but... here i am.

i hope you don't mind me posting my blood work results to see what you think (i know, questions already!!).

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7
didn't test e2, but sure wish i had

i don't know much about the numbers but it seems like these are pretty good but for the estrogen. i can't really find any good resource that says what the e2 levels ought to be, but it seems low and i've found some older posts that would suggest that REs would give estrogen support with these numbers. the thing is, i can't take estrogen supplements because of the clotting issues. i'm wondering if maybe something like grapefruit might be appropriate and make a difference? any thoughts or ideas would be so appreciated.

thank you in advance, and thank you for making such a supportive scene!
BroodyHen

Laura
Laura

June 8th, 2012, 3:16 pm #2

I have no advice on the e2, but if you can't take supplements anyway, maybe try not to worry about it too much?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2012, 3:24 pm #3

hello everyone.
i am very, very cautiously coming over to introduce myself, moving from the over 40 board. i've posted my details over there (including the details of an hpt debacle involving false positive due to forgetting about my hcg trigger), but to summarize - i'm 43.6 and after having DS 3.5 years ago i've had 3 miscarriages in a row and a year and a half of trying to no avail since. finally, i've just lucked into a BFP. i have antiphospholipid syndrome (an autoimmune clotting disorder) and elevated NK cells and am on a battery of immune treatments, which i hope will make the difference in helping this one stick. oh, i hope! anyway, i've been reading all your posts as a lurker for a good while (thank you ) and am excited to join in. at only 4 weeks it seems a little silly (barely pregnant! don't jink it!) but... here i am.

i hope you don't mind me posting my blood work results to see what you think (i know, questions already!!).

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

i don't know much about the numbers but it seems like these are pretty good but for the estrogen. i can't really find any good resource that says what the e2 levels ought to be, but it seems low and i've found some older posts that would suggest that REs would give estrogen support with these numbers. the thing is, i can't take estrogen supplements because of the clotting issues. i'm wondering if maybe something like grapefruit might be appropriate and make a difference? any thoughts or ideas would be so appreciated.

BroodyHen
sounds like healthy progress so far. Your P4 is wonderful, especially for so early on! And I wouldn't worry about your E2. 13DPO with E2 = 225.8 is pretty good! And it rose too from your 8DPO level.

Erin
Erin

June 8th, 2012, 4:00 pm #4

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
And welcome! Your numbers look great to me. I've been struggling with the E2 issue as well- mine was about the same as yours out of the gate and stayed steady until they started rising about 2 weeks ago (I'm 8wks tomorrow). I have been on an E2 patch the whole time, so I guess my numbers actually started out a little lower than yours since the patch is supposed to add about 70 points at it's most potent. I too have been obsessed with the E2 level, but I'm not terribly sure the patch has made a difference, besides making me feel better (emotionally). I don't know much about how the clotting issues and might ask your OB/RE about the risks of the supplemental E2 vs. your naturally rising E2, but either way my guess is that you're fine without it. Good luck and wishing you a happy and healthy 9mos!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 8th, 2012, 4:54 pm #5

that is a difference between Erin's E2 and Broodyhen. Broodyhen isn't on any support so that's just her producing that E2 so very good.

jkl
jkl

June 8th, 2012, 5:57 pm #6

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
The numbers look good! Hoping for a smooth 9 months for you!

jkl

mel
mel

June 8th, 2012, 6:09 pm #7

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
Your numbers look good. Congrats again!

Wells42
Wells42

June 8th, 2012, 9:03 pm #8

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
So glad to hear the great news! I am so excited for you! And I think it's great you hopped over to this board. I don't think you can jinx it - I think it is best to get all the support/ information you can get. So happy you are here and wishing you the best!

June 8th, 2012, 10:47 pm #9

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
Congratulations on joining the board! Sending you lots of positive thoughts for the upcoming months

Sara H
Sara H

June 8th, 2012, 11:52 pm #10

hello everyone.

8 dpo
p4 47.1
e2 161.7

10 dpo
hcg 36

13 dpo
hcg 229
p4 77.9
e2 225.8

15 dpo
hcg 520
p4 67.7

BroodyHen
Congratulations and all finger's crossed for you! Off to such a good start!

Hugs!
Sara H