Newborn Apgar score related to teen school performance

Newborn Apgar score related to teen school performance

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

August 9th, 2011, 9:13 pm #1

Alli
Alli

August 9th, 2011, 9:39 pm #2

You are too close! Enjoy the last weeks of your pg and feeling the little one move around your belly. I never thought I'd miss that with my humongous body and swollen legs, but you really do.

August 9th, 2011, 10:21 pm #3

I don't even have to read the link to feel this is poppy cock

but I will read it later.

Just wanted to say, don't worry about this stuff. Do you remember being a teenager? Such strange creatures. Environment plays a HUGE part. Your child will be who s/he is regardless of some apgar score and will be a wonderful person and will make their own choices made from a deep well of wisdom filled with your loving words which you would have repeated over and over until you feel like you've lost your reason.

jm

Maru
Maru

August 10th, 2011, 1:52 am #4

i can't even remember what Sebastian's score was, that's how important it was to me, i just wanted to make sure everything was fine and it was but the score really doesn't matter at all to me

August 10th, 2011, 2:04 am #5

something about not taking the actual score to heart. I can remember a nurse or someone on some hospital tour I took years ago talking about this. But you know how it is...once that stupid seed is planted...!!!!

Maru
Maru

August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am #6

Its very subjective, its not scientific at all, which means they can differ a lot from doctor to doctor, at least that's what I think.

I know its easy to worry, i dont think we'll ever stop worrying about them until we die LOL!

ALM
ALM

August 10th, 2011, 3:21 am #7

What will they dream up next? u/s

MargieD
MargieD

August 10th, 2011, 3:27 am #8

Its very subjective, its not scientific at all, which means they can differ a lot from doctor to doctor, at least that's what I think.

I know its easy to worry, i dont think we'll ever stop worrying about them until we die LOL!
The doctor said we had to stay in the hospital one more night because DD had slight jaundice. I looked all over and could NOT find any sign of yellowing. I was actually part of the Family Maternity Ward where you were allowed to go home the day after you had given birth. I figured they were keeping us there an extra day for no good reason other than they thought we could use it. If I remember correctly, we were there two nights after DD was born - so no more than the customary required time.

Meanwhile - my SIL gives birth to a baby five weeks early. He lost 10% of his weight. Has jaundice. Was born brow presentation style and had to be vacuumed out so he had a HUGE 4 inch bruise on his head with scabbing. He failed his hearing test in one ear and retested the next day and passed. SIL has obviousl PPD. And they let them go home in two days!?!?!

WTF?!?!

They did have to go to the doctor two days in a row after going home to make sure he was gaining weight...

Anyway - some things just don't make any sense....