New to Board and Questions on 1st U/S

New to Board and Questions on 1st U/S

May 22nd, 2011, 4:51 pm #1

Hi Everyone! I'm patient of Dr. Checks and just got my first BFP!!! My first beta was on the 18th, it was a 12dp3dt and was 507, my 2nd was on the 20th and was 1071, I go for a 3rd tomorrow and the nurse said if the numbers are still good, then I'll go for a 4th beta and u/s on Wednesday. My question is, this seems so soon for an u/s, will they really be able to see anything? The nurse said they just want to check the placement. Thank you for any input

anonymous
anonymous

May 22nd, 2011, 5:39 pm #2

Congrats! I am also a Check patient and for your first U/S they just want to make sure that the embryo is as they said in the correct place--i.e. not in a fallopian tube. You can't see much, just a small black dot--but it is AMAZING! As you progress and keep going in for u/s's you will be amazed as you look back at the first one! Best of luck to you!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 22nd, 2011, 5:45 pm #3

Hi Everyone! I'm patient of Dr. Checks and just got my first BFP!!! My first beta was on the 18th, it was a 12dp3dt and was 507, my 2nd was on the 20th and was 1071, I go for a 3rd tomorrow and the nurse said if the numbers are still good, then I'll go for a 4th beta and u/s on Wednesday. My question is, this seems so soon for an u/s, will they really be able to see anything? The nurse said they just want to check the placement. Thank you for any input
congratulations!!! This is so wonderful!! What board are your from? regular FSH board or Over 40? I ask only because, if you haven't posted your news on those boards, please do so. I know there are some Check/Cooper ladies on the board needing some uplifting news and this would be welcomed!

Your numbers are really strong and have risen wonderfully so I am sure it will continue tomorrow and that you will definitely be going in for u/s on Wednesday. Cooper sends you for an u/s once beta reaches 1,500, which at the rate you are going, that will be the case tomorrow for sure. Cooper had advised me that at this very first u/s, given the 1,500 beta milestone, they will want to see a gestational sac and a yolk sac. But ask again tomorrow when you talk with the nurse after your 3rd beta result.

Where are you having your u/s done? Are you an in-house Cooper patient or OOT? If it's within your control at all, I would highly recommend going into Cooper for these early u/s.

I am a Dr. Check success story!! I'm heading into 23 weeks.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 22nd, 2011, 5:58 pm #4

Congrats! I am also a Check patient and for your first U/S they just want to make sure that the embryo is as they said in the correct place--i.e. not in a fallopian tube. You can't see much, just a small black dot--but it is AMAZING! As you progress and keep going in for u/s's you will be amazed as you look back at the first one! Best of luck to you!
are you a current Check success?? (n/t)

May 22nd, 2011, 6:35 pm #5

congratulations!!! This is so wonderful!! What board are your from? regular FSH board or Over 40? I ask only because, if you haven't posted your news on those boards, please do so. I know there are some Check/Cooper ladies on the board needing some uplifting news and this would be welcomed!

Your numbers are really strong and have risen wonderfully so I am sure it will continue tomorrow and that you will definitely be going in for u/s on Wednesday. Cooper sends you for an u/s once beta reaches 1,500, which at the rate you are going, that will be the case tomorrow for sure. Cooper had advised me that at this very first u/s, given the 1,500 beta milestone, they will want to see a gestational sac and a yolk sac. But ask again tomorrow when you talk with the nurse after your 3rd beta result.

Where are you having your u/s done? Are you an in-house Cooper patient or OOT? If it's within your control at all, I would highly recommend going into Cooper for these early u/s.

I am a Dr. Check success story!! I'm heading into 23 weeks.

Thank you for the help. Im so surprised they can see anything this soon. I cant wait even if its just a dot.

Mrs. A: Im from the FSH board. Ill be sure to post there next. The board has been so helpful for me during this ordeal. Cooper goes by 1500 level instead of days past et, good to know. Im an OOT patient, I live approx 2.5 hrs away so just too far to drive for u/s. Huge congrats on your BFP!!!

gone_fshn
gone_fshn

May 22nd, 2011, 9:23 pm #6

Congrats on your BFP! Hope you will have a very happy and healthy 9 months. I am a Check success story as well, due to deliver later this week.

A word of caution, don't freak out if they cant see much right away. I had very fast rising betas in the beginning as well, and was brought in for first u/s at 5 weeks. They could not see anything definitive and even the u/s tech remarked that it was too early (despite Cooper's policy) - I sweated it out over the longest weekend of my life before going back at 5 weeks 3 days and by that time they could see the gest sac.

Good luck and keep us posted!

May 22nd, 2011, 11:27 pm #7

Gone_fshn: OMG congrats on your BFP! Thank you for the heads up. Im really surprised they can see anything this soon, so Ill try not to be too disappointment or worried if they dont see anything. The hcg has gotta be coming from an embryo somewhere inside me lol. Amazing how 3 days can make such a difference. Id rather wait until Friday or Saturday and just have one u/s but if thats what Check wants, its fine with me since hes done great so far

Bethpky
Bethpky

May 23rd, 2011, 12:27 am #8

Those first ultrasounds and betas are anxiety-ridden. Try to relax, because you're off to a fantastic start.

May 23rd, 2011, 1:47 am #9

Your numbers look great! GL with your upcoming b/w and u/s.

Hugs,
Meg

sch1star
sch1star

May 23rd, 2011, 2:23 am #10

Congrats to you, that's wonderful news. You may want to x-post a link to your high FSH forum post w/stats for background . Betas are super! For first u/s after IVF they are just looking to see what's there and where it is. You had 3 trf if I remember right? So you will get to see how many stuck!

Try to take one day at a time and celebrate when you can!