Need some help understanding this.....not definitely miscarrying (yet) but.....???

Need some help understanding this.....not definitely miscarrying (yet) but.....???

Anon for this
Anon for this

February 22nd, 2012, 10:37 pm #1

Got my b/w results from this morning...

HCG - 731 (up from 673 - they wanted at least 973)
P4 - 46.3
E2 - 150

(You can see my other numbers from the previous post.)

C.oopers wants me to stop all meds until Friday. They want to see if the meds are making things screwy and therefore - to stop meds until they can figure out what's going on. Maybe I'm taking too much??

What I WAS taking - 400 mg P4 suppositories 2X a day, 200 mg Promentrium nightly, 2 CC PIO shots and 2 mg estrace 2X daily.

I know - worse comes to worse - I'm losing this pregnancy... but is there any "truth" in what Coopers is saying?? Does it make any sense? Will it be a healthy baby or what if it all works out?

OP
OP

February 23rd, 2012, 1:12 am #2

I have been analyzing this! UGH!

My beta rose nicely from 106 (14 dpo) to 236 (16 dpo) and then we added promentrium and PIO shots - almost at the same time. Since then - my betas have slowed down considerably.

I always thought that too much progesterone was better than not enough progesterone, but now I don't know what to think.

B/W on Friday... more wait and see...

And I apologize for posting as Anon. It's just something I have to do right now.

February 23rd, 2012, 1:15 am #3

Can u just stop the PIO and see what will happen to ur p4. The supposetory don't show on ur blood work, so that way u can see what is going on.

OP
OP

February 23rd, 2012, 1:19 am #4

I'm stopping all meds until Friday.... n/t

February 23rd, 2012, 1:39 am #5

I have been analyzing this! UGH!

My beta rose nicely from 106 (14 dpo) to 236 (16 dpo) and then we added promentrium and PIO shots - almost at the same time. Since then - my betas have slowed down considerably.

I always thought that too much progesterone was better than not enough progesterone, but now I don't know what to think.

B/W on Friday... more wait and see...

And I apologize for posting as Anon. It's just something I have to do right now.

btw why were u taking so much p4?? is that cooper order?

OP
OP

February 23rd, 2012, 2:57 am #6

They've been upping my P4 support each time since 6 dpo.

summerwind03
summerwind03

February 23rd, 2012, 8:23 am #7

Got my b/w results from this morning...

HCG - 731 (up from 673 - they wanted at least 973)
P4 - 46.3
E2 - 150

(You can see my other numbers from the previous post.)

C.oopers wants me to stop all meds until Friday. They want to see if the meds are making things screwy and therefore - to stop meds until they can figure out what's going on. Maybe I'm taking too much??

What I WAS taking - 400 mg P4 suppositories 2X a day, 200 mg Promentrium nightly, 2 CC PIO shots and 2 mg estrace 2X daily.

I know - worse comes to worse - I'm losing this pregnancy... but is there any "truth" in what Coopers is saying?? Does it make any sense? Will it be a healthy baby or what if it all works out?
I've never heard of that. I personally don't think there's any harm in continuing your meds, other than having to wait a few extra days to see what is happening. We've seen some wonky betas result in healthy pregnancies on this board.

cbsgirl
cbsgirl

February 23rd, 2012, 2:08 pm #8

When I have had slow rising betas, I have always been advised to continue meds until a final determination can be made on the status of the pregnancy. Also, there have been some crazy betas that have resulted in healthy, normal pregnancies. Good luck!

OP
OP

February 23rd, 2012, 2:17 pm #9

I've never heard of that. I personally don't think there's any harm in continuing your meds, other than having to wait a few extra days to see what is happening. We've seen some wonky betas result in healthy pregnancies on this board.
they upped my meds.

My first two betas were 106 and 236 - two days apart. After that - I was told to add promentrium & PIO and then it started to slow down considerably.

I did do a suppository this morning, but holding off on the PIO and promentrium.

They say they want to find out what my body is doing on its own.