Mrs A- please come in, if you could give me your thoughts...

Mrs A- please come in, if you could give me your thoughts...

Teresa
Teresa

July 10th, 2012, 12:29 pm #1

This is a P4 issue and I'm very concerned.

I'm 13weeks1day.

I haven't started to wean off the P4. I was going to start yesterday and something inside me said "don't"

I had it tested Friday and just got a call from the OB's office. It came back today at 38.

I have been on endometrin since my + BFP, 100MG, 3x a day.

I know endometrin doesn't show up in the bloodwork but honestly I thought my number would have come back higher. The last time it was tested it was 22 but that was also many weeks ago.

My OB thinks I'm being ridiculous about this whole progesterone thing, but I'm scared about it due to previous losses and never having been on P4 before, this is the first time I'm on it and it's the farthest I've come in pregnancy. She told me to just come off, I don't want to. The high risk dr in the practice said the same thing. But, isn't 38 on the low side for 13 weeks?

If I started to wean, wouldn't that be dangerous to do so if my number is only at a 38? I'm really confused.

Can you let me know your thoughts? Honestly- I am SO tired and OVER being stressed about P4 I REALLY just want to stay on it until I deliver, I really do. If it can't hurt the baby then I would feel 1,000x better staying on it. My OB is going to give me grief over it.

And no offense, but I would appreciate it if people could refrain from telling me not to worry about this because I am and after 4 losses, I am going to be until the end of this pregnancy. Thanks for understanding.

WWYD?

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 10th, 2012, 2:54 pm #2

Havent read through your post completely but don't want to leave you hanging either. Just can't post at this moment

Cheryl
Cheryl

July 10th, 2012, 3:09 pm #3

This is a P4 issue and I'm very concerned.

I'm 13weeks1day.

I haven't started to wean off the P4. I was going to start yesterday and something inside me said "don't"

I had it tested Friday and just got a call from the OB's office. It came back today at 38.

I have been on endometrin since my + BFP, 100MG, 3x a day.

I know endometrin doesn't show up in the bloodwork but honestly I thought my number would have come back higher. The last time it was tested it was 22 but that was also many weeks ago.

My OB thinks I'm being ridiculous about this whole progesterone thing, but I'm scared about it due to previous losses and never having been on P4 before, this is the first time I'm on it and it's the farthest I've come in pregnancy. She told me to just come off, I don't want to. The high risk dr in the practice said the same thing. But, isn't 38 on the low side for 13 weeks?

If I started to wean, wouldn't that be dangerous to do so if my number is only at a 38? I'm really confused.

Can you let me know your thoughts? Honestly- I am SO tired and OVER being stressed about P4 I REALLY just want to stay on it until I deliver, I really do. If it can't hurt the baby then I would feel 1,000x better staying on it. My OB is going to give me grief over it.

And no offense, but I would appreciate it if people could refrain from telling me not to worry about this because I am and after 4 losses, I am going to be until the end of this pregnancy. Thanks for understanding.

WWYD?
Hi- I stayed on Crinone with my twins until way past 20 weeks. I too had 5 losses and wasn't taking any chances. I also worried my entire pregnancy until my babies were in my arms. I totally understand where you are coming from. I would stay on it for as long as possible.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

Cheryl
Cheryl

July 10th, 2012, 3:10 pm #4

Even though my RE wanted me off sooner he said there was no harm staying on it. My feeling if no harm then if it made me feel better (which it really did) I was staying on it.

Teresa
Teresa

July 10th, 2012, 3:31 pm #5

Havent read through your post completely but don't want to leave you hanging either. Just can't post at this moment
Thank you very very much!

Teresa
Teresa

July 10th, 2012, 3:34 pm #6

Hi- I stayed on Crinone with my twins until way past 20 weeks. I too had 5 losses and wasn't taking any chances. I also worried my entire pregnancy until my babies were in my arms. I totally understand where you are coming from. I would stay on it for as long as possible.

Best of luck!

Cheryl
Thank you I need to
She's never going to write me an rx for more and I'm worried. I am still scripting from dr checks rx back in January but I won't have much left. So I have a dilemma.
You stopped at week 20?
Sorry for typos on
MY phone and on the road with no laptop!

Teresa
Teresa

July 10th, 2012, 3:35 pm #7

Even though my RE wanted me off sooner he said there was no harm staying on it. My feeling if no harm then if it made me feel better (which it really did) I was staying on it.
My o.b is being. Nasty bio t c h. She told me I'm nuts. Really bitch after four losses ? Maybe so but just give me the Efin p4 rx

Tetesa
Tetesa

July 10th, 2012, 3:38 pm #8

Thank you I need to
She's never going to write me an rx for more and I'm worried. I am still scripting from dr checks rx back in January but I won't have much left. So I have a dilemma.
You stopped at week 20?
Sorry for typos on
MY phone and on the road with no laptop!
Sorry for the lznguage I just can't believe she is
Making this more stressful for me and won't just let me be on it without telling I'm nuts!!!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 10th, 2012, 5:16 pm #9

Thank you very very much!
I jumped on the first post when I got to computer because it scares me.

But coming off those emotions you can only imagine how I might react to your OB!!

On lunch now. Will post later

Teresa
Teresa

July 10th, 2012, 5:27 pm #10

No problem. When you have a chance. And thank you !