Low beta. Anyone have a positive story to share? (previous mc mentioned)

Low beta. Anyone have a positive story to share? (previous mc mentioned)

anon for now
anon for now

May 12th, 2012, 12:00 am #1

Hello, I am 42 been ttc for almost 5 years. I've had a number of failed ivf cycles, fsh has risen, etc. I had a spontaneous pregnancy last fall but had a miscarriage at 7.3 weeks.

After another failed ivf cycle in March, I sort of started to "live a liittle" again. Had a few cocktails, some caffeine, etc. i even stopped temping and my compulsiveness with started to wane. I started having some unusual spotting earlier this week. Took a hpt yesterday and it was positive. I am feeling a bit nauseous (more like mild car sickness) and i am more hungry than usual.

I had beta today (I am CD 30). It was only 37. I know its low. It will be retested Monday. I am worried. I am not sure when I ovulated since I didnt test faithfully this cycle, but I suspect it was on te early side (approximately CD 12).

I am trying to remain calm but I am consumed by this. Anyone have a low beta that turned itself around?

Please keep me in your prayers.

N

CtMB
CtMB

May 12th, 2012, 1:52 am #2

My first beta at 16 DP3dT from IVF cycle was only 48 and second was only 55. I was sure it was not going to be a happy ending. But, 3rd beta was 92 and it just kept rising from there. My DS was born happy and healthy at 38 weeks. Hang in there. Wishing you all the best.

Laura
Laura

May 12th, 2012, 2:58 am #3

Hello, I am 42 been ttc for almost 5 years. I've had a number of failed ivf cycles, fsh has risen, etc. I had a spontaneous pregnancy last fall but had a miscarriage at 7.3 weeks.

After another failed ivf cycle in March, I sort of started to "live a liittle" again. Had a few cocktails, some caffeine, etc. i even stopped temping and my compulsiveness with started to wane. I started having some unusual spotting earlier this week. Took a hpt yesterday and it was positive. I am feeling a bit nauseous (more like mild car sickness) and i am more hungry than usual.

I had beta today (I am CD 30). It was only 37. I know its low. It will be retested Monday. I am worried. I am not sure when I ovulated since I didnt test faithfully this cycle, but I suspect it was on te early side (approximately CD 12).

I am trying to remain calm but I am consumed by this. Anyone have a low beta that turned itself around?

N
The only things that matter are 1) your beta is + (above 5), and 2) it doubles in ~48 hrs. Maybe it's low for CD30, but remember that the vast majority of pg women don't have any sort of blood test until well into the 1st trimester, so there just isn't that much data (relatively speaking from a research scientist's standpoint) to compare. Any "data" you find on the internet is misleading.

You have a BFP! Congrats!

anonymous
anonymous

May 12th, 2012, 3:06 am #4

My first beta at 16 DP3dT from IVF cycle was only 48 and second was only 55. I was sure it was not going to be a happy ending. But, 3rd beta was 92 and it just kept rising from there. My DS was born happy and healthy at 38 weeks. Hang in there. Wishing you all the best.
Thank you for you. I needed this.

anonymous
anonymous

May 12th, 2012, 3:06 am #5

The only things that matter are 1) your beta is + (above 5), and 2) it doubles in ~48 hrs. Maybe it's low for CD30, but remember that the vast majority of pg women don't have any sort of blood test until well into the 1st trimester, so there just isn't that much data (relatively speaking from a research scientist's standpoint) to compare. Any "data" you find on the internet is misleading.

You have a BFP! Congrats!
Thank you for your encouraging words.

May 12th, 2012, 3:11 am #6

N
My sister's first beta was 50 and her second was only 52. She was told that she had a chemical pregnancy. Her next beta was 150 however and now she is 11 weeks what appears to be a very healthy baby.

May 12th, 2012, 3:30 pm #7

My beta at 19 dpo was 27, at 21 dpo it was 97. Very low but doubled. That resulted in a heathy 9 pound baby. Hang in there, good luck.

May 12th, 2012, 6:06 pm #8

N
me - 54 at 14dpost-3-day-transfer - all was well - healthy ds

Ariadne
Ariadne

May 12th, 2012, 6:28 pm #9

N
I very low betas that didn't rise normally, either. My levels remained abnormally low & it took longer than usual to even confirm a uterine pg. (About 6 wks. At 6 1/2, a uterine pg. with a heartbeat was confirmed, but I was told the sac was not shaped right.)

He is now 2 yrs. old & as happy & healthy as can be. I have no explanation for what I went through, but the result was a healthy baby.

JP
JP

May 14th, 2012, 1:31 pm #10

N
I was 38 years old and I think it was 15dp3dt. It doubled but stayed on the lower end of the scale until probably the 3rd or 4th reading and now my DS is 4 years old. Good Luck!