Lovenox - any information greatly appreciated!!!

Lovenox - any information greatly appreciated!!!

Tanya
Tanya

June 30th, 2011, 7:03 pm #1

I feel bad for monopolizing the board the last couple of days but Im desperate for information.

I previously mentioned that my OB wants me to see a fetal medicine doctor. Well it just so happens she is on vacation right now but my OB relayed my information to her and she wants me to start Lovenox. I am very hesitant to just start this medication without having talked with her directly, I did speak with her nurse and she is basing this on the fact I have had 3 miscarriages and tested positive for MTHFR (1298c) as well as anticardiolipin AB IGG. However, Cooper retested my levels and the felt baby aspirin was sufficient.

I am very torn on what I should do, does anyone have any experience with Lovenox?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 30th, 2011, 7:24 pm #2

Hi,

I have not used Lovenox yet BUT am compound heterozygous for MTHFR and visit three message boards that I think you will find very useful on this issue. The first is teh MTHFR board on Yahoo and the Reproductive Immunolgy group on Yahoo. When I say these ladies know it ALL...they know it all. Warning though...they will likely advise you to take it as you have both MTHFR and anticardiolipin AB IGG. There is also a group dedicated just to people on lovenox on Babycenter called "Lovely Lovenox Ladies."
I think that with just the one copy of the MTFHR, baby aspirin is all that is normally indicated, but with the other issue...they might advise that you take the Lovenox. GL to you!!

Tanya
Tanya

June 30th, 2011, 7:37 pm #3

I am freaking out right now so I really appreciate your message! I will go check out those yahoo groups right now.

Tanya
Tanya

June 30th, 2011, 7:51 pm #4

Hi,

I have not used Lovenox yet BUT am compound heterozygous for MTHFR and visit three message boards that I think you will find very useful on this issue. The first is teh MTHFR board on Yahoo and the Reproductive Immunolgy group on Yahoo. When I say these ladies know it ALL...they know it all. Warning though...they will likely advise you to take it as you have both MTHFR and anticardiolipin AB IGG. There is also a group dedicated just to people on lovenox on Babycenter called "Lovely Lovenox Ladies."
I think that with just the one copy of the MTFHR, baby aspirin is all that is normally indicated, but with the other issue...they might advise that you take the Lovenox. GL to you!!
Would you mind posting the link? I can't find it on Yahoo

June 30th, 2011, 8:06 pm #5

I feel bad for monopolizing the board the last couple of days but Im desperate for information.

I previously mentioned that my OB wants me to see a fetal medicine doctor. Well it just so happens she is on vacation right now but my OB relayed my information to her and she wants me to start Lovenox. I am very hesitant to just start this medication without having talked with her directly, I did speak with her nurse and she is basing this on the fact I have had 3 miscarriages and tested positive for MTHFR (1298c) as well as anticardiolipin AB IGG. However, Cooper retested my levels and the felt baby aspirin was sufficient.

I am very torn on what I should do, does anyone have any experience with Lovenox?
Hi!

I am on Heparin, which is very similar, for APA. I have just one APA positive. I am also with Cooper. They had me retest for the APA and it came back high positive and so were then okay with me taking heparin, but it wasn't their idea, it was mine. I wanted to try it after reading Dr Beers book and going on the yahoo immune board.Here is the link to the board.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/im ... t/messages

There are some risks to the blood thinner. Biggest one I think is it makes you more likely to get a subchorionic hemorrhage during pregnancy. (sp?) I'm still looking into it all myself. Also, you should be on a calcium/magnesium supplement while on it. I think it makes it harder to absorb calcium.

I just very recently got a positive test after my 4th IVF and blood thinner for the APA was one of the main things I did different.

Good luck! and let me know what you learn!
E

Maru
Maru

June 30th, 2011, 8:38 pm #6

I also got tested for APA and got one positive result (last year) and my RE said I should be in Heparin.

Right now I'm only on baby aspirin because my OB wanted to retest me before he puts me on it.

I have a friend that is using Lovenox right now and the good thing is that its only one shot instead of two like they told me for Heparin.

The only thing is that if Cooper thinks you're okay on baby aspirin alone, I would try to avoid the shots if not necessary of course

Could you stay on baby aspirin and wait until the doctor is back from vacation to discuss with her better?

I don't know how long that will take, but right now im waiting and i'll have to wait for 2 weeks to get the results, but i rather wait than take unnecessary shots at this point.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 30th, 2011, 11:24 pm #7

Would you mind posting the link? I can't find it on Yahoo
Hi...here are the links:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MTHFRPG/

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/immunologysupport/

Blythe (co-moderator)
Blythe (co-moderator)

July 1st, 2011, 12:16 am #8

...for all of my first pregnancy and then a protocol of coumadin after based on factor v leiden. Interestingly with baby #2 treatment had totally changed (and only a year later) and I was not on anything during the pregnancy, only after. They said that the risk of the med outweighed the benefit.

anonymous
anonymous

July 1st, 2011, 1:50 am #9

I have slightly low protein s and Dr said to take low dose of lovenox just in case.

Tanya
Tanya

July 1st, 2011, 12:13 pm #10

I appreciate your help, thank you very much! I am going to do more research before I start these shots. I am also going to talk wtih Dr.Cohen today (Cooper) since she told me I didn't need them and get her take.
Thank you again Dee