Looking for advice from you successful Ladies!

Looking for advice from you successful Ladies!

Sara H.
Sara H.

December 30th, 2010, 3:59 pm #1

I am from the other board, I hope this is OK!
I am: 36, highest FHS was 39, all other tests clear, been trying for 2 years, one unsuccessful IUI and IVF, DH is mostly clear (very high volume, so Dr.'s feel that evens out the slight motility issues), we have never had a BFP, now out of insurance and on self-pay. Yes, we are going to call for a "Check/Cooper" appointment, but while we wait I had a question about a totally natural cycle...

What advice do you have? I am day 7 of my cycle. This is a totally unmonitored cycle. I can't eat pineapple (I'm allergic!)but I have bought grapefruit and am eating one a day. (Actually, I am drinking it but I juiced it myself and left all the pulp in, so I am guessing it's the same.)

I have seen you ladies talk about Robitussin, is it just as effective if we use "Pre-seed"? (since I believe the Robitussin is to help with cm?)

I have read your posts about aspirin, but some ladies say no.

When I was at with my RE she only gave me progesterone support once, after my IVF, but never said I needed it on other cycles or after my IUI, though I do still have a bunch left.

So, ladies, what wonderful, crazy, give-it-a-try advice do you have???

Thank you! Congratulations to you all!
Sara H.

December 30th, 2010, 6:52 pm #2

on the cycle I was lucky, I started eating a grapefruit a day (juice is fine) starting on Day 1. I used pre-seed (second time, actually) and OPKs.

Robitussin is to thin the CM so for some it may feel they produce more. If you feel ...dry, try to increase your fluid intake (do count the glasses, makes you feel obsessed but it's surprising how little water/fluid we actually do take in) If you start in the morning with a regular cup of water, try top drink a cup every time you pee and in this way you'll be hydrated. The pain is peeing all the darn time. If your urine looks very clear, slow down. It should be a pale yellow, not dark or almost hard to see. (I speak like I am soooo good at this but it's hard to stay on top. My complexion thanks me when I am well hydrated and I have less headaches)

If you drink caffeine, be sure to match every cup with one of water since it's a diuretic.

Good luck! And it's totally fine to ask that here (any question, really), who else loves to share their "successful" tips?? lol Hope to see good news from you soon fingers crossed.

btw, I didn't eat pineapple unless it occurred to me, too acidic but love the flavour.

juliemam

me:41, DH 42
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jamie B.
Jamie B.

December 30th, 2010, 6:54 pm #3

I am: 36, highest FHS was 39, all other tests clear, been trying for 2 years, one unsuccessful IUI and IVF, DH is mostly clear (very high volume, so Dr.'s feel that evens out the slight motility issues), we have never had a BFP, now out of insurance and on self-pay. Yes, we are going to call for a "Check/Cooper" appointment, but while we wait I had a question about a totally natural cycle...

What advice do you have? I am day 7 of my cycle. This is a totally unmonitored cycle. I can't eat pineapple (I'm allergic!)but I have bought grapefruit and am eating one a day. (Actually, I am drinking it but I juiced it myself and left all the pulp in, so I am guessing it's the same.)

I have seen you ladies talk about Robitussin, is it just as effective if we use "Pre-seed"? (since I believe the Robitussin is to help with cm?)

When I was at with my RE she only gave me progesterone support once, after my IVF, but never said I needed it on other cycles or after my IUI, though I do still have a bunch left.

Sara H.
I will be! Feel bad that no one has answered you. Just wanted to mention that Preseed is awesome! It feels good, and I believe it will help those swimmers swim far! Try it! And as a patient of Dr. Check's (don't worry, I just started - he will get me success!) - I can tell you that he's the master at your situation. You are a perfect patient to achieve success with him. Call him TODAY, do not wait one more second.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 31st, 2010, 12:55 am #4

Sara H.
I used OPK and Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, took baby aspirin and was getting accupuncture every 2 weeks. My highest FSH was 17 and I'm now 15 weeks pregnant.

Wren
Wren

December 31st, 2010, 2:30 am #5

Sara H.
Pineapple (actually the core) is for post ovulation to help prep the uterus for implantation. Grapefruit is good for CM. I drank GF juice one cycle and got the best, clearest, egg white-ish CM ever. That wasn't my BFP month though.

We use preseed exclusively now. But not too much- seems to affect DH. I've read of others who were affected too.

Drinking red raspberry tea is a good thing for uterus lining too if you can't eat pineapple.

Sara H.
Sara H.

December 31st, 2010, 3:37 am #6

Please keep your advice coming!

Wren, can I get red raspberry tea at the heath food store or is it available at the grocery?

Again, thank you, Ladies, all the best of blessing and heath to you all!

Sara H.

December 31st, 2010, 4:13 am #7

I believe I have bought red raspberry tea at Whole Foods. The brand was yogi so you can probably get it several places! Best of luck (also responded on the high FSH boards).

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 31st, 2010, 11:07 am #8

yup - Whole Foods has it.

Sara H.
Sara H.

December 31st, 2010, 6:26 pm #9

and it says it has "red raspberry tea leaves" but not how much and it's rather far down on the list. I'll use it until I can get to a real health food store. What I have is "Bingilow" from the grocery store, but can't hurt!

Thank you, All, the advice is great!

December 31st, 2010, 6:36 pm #10

so what you found is fine. You can sometimes find it sold in bulk (which is how I bought it). It's safe to drink during pg too but check on this specifically. I drank so much, daily that I got tired of it but it is a lovely tea and my DH enjoyed it quite a bit.

edited to fix typo of "leak" to "leaf" (geesh)

jm

me:41, DH 42
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by juliemam on January 1st, 2011, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.