Karma - I will pray for you

Karma - I will pray for you

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 27th, 2012, 1:11 am #1

Your news is overwhelming to say the least. I am so sorry your dealing with this. I hope your uncle-in-law is correct.

I have to say that it's not until I gave birth that I realized just how important my own health was to me. As much as I want my DD to be healthy, I want to be healthy as well to be able to care for her. Now when I pray at night I not only pray for DD but also for DH and I to have good health. I also pray to be blessed with an abundance of milk so I can continue to nurse. But in those early days I was so worried about milk supply that yes I did find out that you can get breast milk from milk banks! Isn't that amazing? Yes it's costly especially if going long term but it's a wonderful option to have available.

I will pray for you. Your baby needs you in best of health. Keep us posted if you don't mind. I'll be thinking of you.

February 27th, 2012, 1:06 pm #2

I hope I will hear this morning. I appreciate your support.
Best to you.

Sara H
Sara H

February 27th, 2012, 4:36 pm #3

Your news is overwhelming to say the least. I am so sorry your dealing with this. I hope your uncle-in-law is correct.

I have to say that it's not until I gave birth that I realized just how important my own health was to me. As much as I want my DD to be healthy, I want to be healthy as well to be able to care for her. Now when I pray at night I not only pray for DD but also for DH and I to have good health. I also pray to be blessed with an abundance of milk so I can continue to nurse. But in those early days I was so worried about milk supply that yes I did find out that you can get breast milk from milk banks! Isn't that amazing? Yes it's costly especially if going long term but it's a wonderful option to have available.

I will pray for you. Your baby needs you in best of health. Keep us posted if you don't mind. I'll be thinking of you.
I am sure, though, your uncle-in-law is totally right since the dr.s would be in HUGE trouble if they let you out and something happened! And we KNOW how much Dr.s love to cover their butts!

I can't image how scared you are and how stressed but at least they have found it early and hopefully will resolved it quickly. There are some amazing new techniques out there and, with your u-i-l's knowledge and help you have an inside scoop!

I am sending you prayers, positive energy and anything else that might help!
I so wish there was more I could do!

HUGS!!!!!
Sara H

ALM
ALM

February 28th, 2012, 2:12 am #4

Karma,

I just scrolled down to see what this was about. It does sound scary, but I'm hoping it can be resolved without issue. Sending you prayers and healing vibes....

February 28th, 2012, 4:16 am #5

So sorry you are going through this. Praying for you

Good news for me
Good news for me

February 29th, 2012, 5:58 pm #6

Yesterday the neurologist confirmed that my Cat scan was clear. The blood clot issue they felt they saw was not evident in the scan thank god.
So it leaves me with why the persistent headaches? They feel it has been the same headache that has not gone away due to such an increase in hormones from the pregnancy.
Interesting is they found these 'white markers' on my brain that many migraine sufferers have, but they do not have enough testing to determine how they are caused or what impact they have.
So for now, I have a new 'preventative' med which is ok for breastfeeding.
Such a crazy few days. I appreciate all of your support- and very happy life is back to 'normal'.

March 1st, 2012, 2:02 am #7

above, news from me karma (nt)

Wells42
Wells42

March 1st, 2012, 4:17 am #8

First, I am SO happy to hear that the scan revealed nothing serious - although I can relate to your frustration (if not this - then WHAT). I've been having what sounds like something similar. I'm about 5 months pp and I've essentially had a headache for about 8 weeks now. At first my GP thought I was just tired, but now he thinks its a sinus infection (I really don't think it is - I have NO congestion at all), so I am on my second round of antibiotics, and on Monday, I got a shot of Toradol and I started taking valium (I'm not BF, so no worries there) to "break the cycle." If this doesn't work, we will start the imaging process. My headaches (well, headache really because it never goes away entirely) aren't debilitating, but just make it really hard to function and get through the day.

I have the same questions you have though: am I going through some kind of hormonal transition? I know the other pp things are in full swing - hair falling out, skin discoloration improving - so I just think this is related somehow. All I know for sure is this sucks (sorry to be negative - trying to be positive) because I can walk for exercise but I am a swimmer and I can't swim because I'm afraid I won't be able to get my head out of the water. I'm just believing it will get better when I get passed this transition.

Hope you find some relief, and if you do, could you please let me know? If I find anything out, I will post, too. Thanks so much for reading

Hi Wells
Hi Wells

March 1st, 2012, 6:28 am #9

Sorry that you are plagued with a headache too. It does stink that it doesn't go away. Is yours aggravated by light? Mine are very much and this is one big reason they feel it is migraine. Did you have an epidural? I would imagine they ruled this out as it would be obvious, if you had had one.
I was originally put on Prednisone (6 day course) and then Naproxen, mainly because I could not take Sumatriptan while BF. I am now on Propanolol (sp) a beta blocker, typically for the heart. They said this med will be more preventative and only need to be taken once a day. Let's see.
It is pretty rough. Especially since it is so subjective. I feel like a whiny new Mom, but it is such a 'real' problem.
Let's hope they are hormonal and flush out of our system really soon.
Best to you.

March 1st, 2012, 7:14 pm #10

I must be so overtired that I am signing in wrong....