Just Visiting from another board..Pregnancy or AF Question

Just Visiting from another board..Pregnancy or AF Question

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 6:58 pm #1

So I went to New Hope for a consultation on Saturday and they did a blood test called me yesterday and said I had a Beta of 5 and thought I might be pregnant!? This seems impossible Because I have already had 4 IVF tries, one that got to retrieval 2 cancelled (poor responder)and the last ended in an iui. Today I feel period-like cramps (Ive been cramping since the IUI I had almost 2 weeks ago (Thursday is my testing day). Do period cramps feel differnt from pregancy cramps, and isn'a a Beta of 5 the lowest it can possibly be? i think if I remember correctly he said my progesterone was a 19.

Erin
Erin

June 25th, 2012, 7:26 pm #2

If you did, then the hcg could be positive from the leftover trigger shot. If not, and if your beta on Thurs is at 14dpo, then you're only 11dpo and you would expect a low beta for a positive pregnancy at this point. For me, the implantation cramps did feel just like period cramps and they actually continue from time to time to this day (I'm 10+ wks pg). With a progesterone of 19, you're probably not getting your period right now, but you may want to add some more P4 support since ideally it would be a little higher. Hope that helps and good luck!

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 8:50 pm #3

Thanks Erin,

I did use a trigger shot, so i guess just wishful thinking...but you never know!

Erin
Erin

June 25th, 2012, 11:47 pm #4

And there's no way to discern between an early pregnancy and leftover trigger. The cramps may be a good sign. I'll cross my fingers for a good result for you! Good luck!