Just Venting ....

Just Venting ....

Shipin
Shipin

January 22nd, 2011, 11:37 pm #1

I had a bad start of the morning and the rest of the day just kept making me crazy ... nothing really big but still making me feel cranky ... 1st spoiled a dish which I always make really well. What is worse is I wanted to have it real bad.. (Kinda my craving). Then spoiled another dish (the vessel gave away midway cooking). Eventually what was made was not enough to serve 4 (after spending 4 Hrs cooking). Eventually broke a Glass while doing the dishes.
I've been finally diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and its really taking a toll on me. Whatever I eat I always exceed the Glucose limit. I don't feel full when I eat as per the diet plan. This is making me crazier .. the whole day all I do is think about food
So with all this along with the kitchen disaster today and who knows my 3rd trimester hormones contributing too ... am feeling like a crackpot today. If You think logically nothing to be so upset about but I cried like crazy. To top it My in laws are with us .. so had to find a corner to vent out .. which is frustrating me more ....
Huh .... sounds like a silly reason to post ... but I cudn't even call any friends to vent so posting here.
Laugh it out if u you want to ..

January 23rd, 2011, 12:13 am #2

I am glad you came to vent, it helps a bit, doesn't it?

I can tell you one thing, I'd be balling my eyes out too and I don't have the pg hormones intensifying things. So cry, it feels good and hope that tomorrow is an easier day.

If your inlaws are there, are they there to help? Give them chores to do, they might appreciate feeling needed.

Sorry about your crummy day. Sounds like a bad one

For what it's worth, it's good that they found your gestD when they did. When a baby is born from a gestD mom, the baby can have trouble with it's sugars so at least the nurses will be able to watch or test or whatever they do. Still sucks though

See if there are snacks that you are allowed and count the days I have found that being on a food restricted diet has always made me feel hungrier and think of food all the time. Bad scene. There's just so much celery a girl can eat, right??

Can you have some teas? Some are safe during pg, google them Red raspberry leaf, rooibos, hot water with a plash of milk in it (yeah, sounds gross but a friend drank it during her pg and she called it nursery tea) Ginger root simmered in hot water with honey--ginger actually gave me nausea but it's supposed to be the other way around.
don't forget to keep on top of your fluid intake (I am such a nag)

big hugs going out to you
juliemam

Bethpky
Bethpky

January 23rd, 2011, 12:48 am #3

I had a bad start of the morning and the rest of the day just kept making me crazy ... nothing really big but still making me feel cranky ... 1st spoiled a dish which I always make really well. What is worse is I wanted to have it real bad.. (Kinda my craving). Then spoiled another dish (the vessel gave away midway cooking). Eventually what was made was not enough to serve 4 (after spending 4 Hrs cooking). Eventually broke a Glass while doing the dishes.
I've been finally diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and its really taking a toll on me. Whatever I eat I always exceed the Glucose limit. I don't feel full when I eat as per the diet plan. This is making me crazier .. the whole day all I do is think about food
So with all this along with the kitchen disaster today and who knows my 3rd trimester hormones contributing too ... am feeling like a crackpot today. If You think logically nothing to be so upset about but I cried like crazy. To top it My in laws are with us .. so had to find a corner to vent out .. which is frustrating me more ....
Huh .... sounds like a silly reason to post ... but I cudn't even call any friends to vent so posting here.
Laugh it out if u you want to ..
If I'd spent 4 hrs cooking only to have nothing to eat, I'd be upset, too! Sorry to hear about the Gest Diabetes. Can you eat sugar free foods?

If it makes you feel better, I've had a terrible week, too. Missed 3 days of work for a furiously vicious upper respiratory infection that has morphed into a bacterial sinus infection. Despite my OB telling me to "tough it out" on Wednesday, I broke down and went to the urgent treatment center today and was prescribed a pregnancy safe antibiotic. Yes, tell a hormonal pregnant woman who's certain she's coughed up a lung, can't breathe and hasn't slept in days to "tough it out" - at risk of losing a limb! To top it off, the baby was on his/her side and still wouldn't get into the precise position for a perfect NT measurement, so the OB advised me to wait for the quad screen at 15 weeks bc "everything looks fine on the ultrasound and we're not going to try the nt scan again." And typically argumentative me was too weak to protest! I've decided that there should be OBs specifically reserved for fertility patients, ones who understand the panic we feel every second of our hard won pregnancies.

So Shipin, you and I should pop open a bottle of sparkling water (since we can't have a real cocktail) and pray that tomorrow is indeed a another day! Good luck to you.

Shipin
Shipin

January 23rd, 2011, 3:43 am #4

I am glad you came to vent, it helps a bit, doesn't it?

I can tell you one thing, I'd be balling my eyes out too and I don't have the pg hormones intensifying things. So cry, it feels good and hope that tomorrow is an easier day.

If your inlaws are there, are they there to help? Give them chores to do, they might appreciate feeling needed.

Sorry about your crummy day. Sounds like a bad one

For what it's worth, it's good that they found your gestD when they did. When a baby is born from a gestD mom, the baby can have trouble with it's sugars so at least the nurses will be able to watch or test or whatever they do. Still sucks though

See if there are snacks that you are allowed and count the days I have found that being on a food restricted diet has always made me feel hungrier and think of food all the time. Bad scene. There's just so much celery a girl can eat, right??

Can you have some teas? Some are safe during pg, google them Red raspberry leaf, rooibos, hot water with a plash of milk in it (yeah, sounds gross but a friend drank it during her pg and she called it nursery tea) Ginger root simmered in hot water with honey--ginger actually gave me nausea but it's supposed to be the other way around.
don't forget to keep on top of your fluid intake (I am such a nag)

big hugs going out to you
juliemam
Venting really helps. I asked my MIL to cook the dinner, I didn't wanted to spoil the rest of the day.
Yeah my inlaws r here for helping. They will be with us for couple of months to help with the newborn too. It has both pros and cons ... she is definitely a help in kitchen but there's a vast difference between the way I handle my kitchen and the way she does. I don't want to make her feel bad by giving too many instructions so I silently do the patch up/clean up required after she is done but I am not able to leave everything peacefully to her. At the same time I keep getting too many suggestions/instructions on what I should or should not do/eat now and even after the baby arrives. sometimes its good to know but sometimes feels like too much interference.
My GD is another story. Its so true that the more u r asked to restrict the more u feel like eating, And now am feeling this so strongly. Now just counting my days !!!

Shipin
Shipin

January 23rd, 2011, 3:55 am #5

If I'd spent 4 hrs cooking only to have nothing to eat, I'd be upset, too! Sorry to hear about the Gest Diabetes. Can you eat sugar free foods?

If it makes you feel better, I've had a terrible week, too. Missed 3 days of work for a furiously vicious upper respiratory infection that has morphed into a bacterial sinus infection. Despite my OB telling me to "tough it out" on Wednesday, I broke down and went to the urgent treatment center today and was prescribed a pregnancy safe antibiotic. Yes, tell a hormonal pregnant woman who's certain she's coughed up a lung, can't breathe and hasn't slept in days to "tough it out" - at risk of losing a limb! To top it off, the baby was on his/her side and still wouldn't get into the precise position for a perfect NT measurement, so the OB advised me to wait for the quad screen at 15 weeks bc "everything looks fine on the ultrasound and we're not going to try the nt scan again." And typically argumentative me was too weak to protest! I've decided that there should be OBs specifically reserved for fertility patients, ones who understand the panic we feel every second of our hard won pregnancies.

So Shipin, you and I should pop open a bottle of sparkling water (since we can't have a real cocktail) and pray that tomorrow is indeed a another day! Good luck to you.
I hope u r feeling better now. Couple of days back while I was in Chilli's I was looking at another table like a hungry tiger ... the lady was enjoying a Margarita ... My DH caught me looking and laughed. He suggested he would also not drink to give me company. Huh ... And now they've taken away even the healthy juices I could drink .. so not fair ...
Seriously your idea of IF Pg specific OB should be implemented. I always asked my OB if she would like to check on my Diet as I felt I was gaining too much. But she kept on insisting that everything is fine.
I hope I'll be able to get my diet on track in couple of days.
Good luck to you too. Keep us posted on your quad screen.

Bethpky
Bethpky

January 23rd, 2011, 7:53 pm #6

Diets are so hard to stick to, but I know you'll do it. Maybe you can find a good diabetic cookbook for ideas.

I'm finally starting to feel better...yeah!