IUI inexperience ... time to BD? Progesterone support?

IUI inexperience ... time to BD? Progesterone support?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 9th, 2011, 5:18 pm #1

Hello,

I just converted from an IVF to an IUI because I only had 3 mature follices after high stims and my doctor said I needed more to proceed with IVF.

I never had an IUI before (although I have done previous IVFs). I asked if I should still take the crinone (progesterone) and RE said yes, start 2 days after IUI.

I'm confused. With IVF, they start crinone 2 days after transfer (which would be several days after fertilizations). But, since IUI is so different, does 2 days make sense?

Also, I did a trigger shot and then had the insemination roughly 36 hours later. I have no idea whether I ovulated yet ... should I go ahead and BD?

Thanks.

October 9th, 2011, 7:14 pm #2

For my IUIs my RE always had me start p4 support 2-3 days following the IUI. He also told me to BD that night for good measure. Do you temp? That's a good way to know for sure whether or not you O'd.

So, yes, 2-days post IUI for p4 support is standard. And I think BDing tonight is a good idea

Sorry to hear your IVF was canceled, but it's awesome that you've got three good follies in the running.

Hugs and GL!

Meg

Anonyomous
Anonyomous

October 10th, 2011, 12:03 am #3

IUI was yesterday. We BD'd today for good measure.

Tomorrow I start the crinone. Does it make any difference whether the crinone is in the morning or at night?

October 10th, 2011, 1:22 am #4

I used to do the crinone in the p.m. simply because it would "stay put" better (less leakage) while I slept.

Hugs,
Meg

Maru
Maru

October 10th, 2011, 6:45 pm #5

IUI was yesterday. We BD'd today for good measure.

Tomorrow I start the crinone. Does it make any difference whether the crinone is in the morning or at night?
Morning and night because my progesterone was too low, but I think it can be either if you're only taking it once a day.

And I also had to start it always two days after ovulation.