Is it normal to have cramping?

Is it normal to have cramping?

sarita
sarita

June 25th, 2011, 1:57 am #1

I'm terrified to post on this board because I don't want to jinx it!
BUT, I've been having mild cramping for the past week - is that normal? It's not that intense and there is no spotting at all but it's starting to freak me out. It sort of comes and goes but today I've had it for the last six hours straight although I think it's just because I was on my feet all day.
Should I call and ask my dr. Monday?

Katie
Katie

June 25th, 2011, 2:42 am #2

I had the same question. I'm still pretty crampy even though I'm a couple weeks ahead. For me it got bad enough that it kept me up at night. I think it's just the implanting and the ligaments stretching.
Call the doc if you like but I have the same thing!

June 25th, 2011, 2:45 am #3

BUT, I've been having mild cramping for the past week - is that normal? It's not that intense and there is no spotting at all but it's starting to freak me out. It sort of comes and goes but today I've had it for the last six hours straight although I think it's just because I was on my feet all day.
Hi Sarita- I am from over on the DE PG board, but peek over here too. I am 8 wks 4days and have had very very mild cramping now and again for a few weeks. As this is my first PG, not sure what to make of it...but I have just come back from my 3rd u/s with good measurements and heart beat.
-Just wanted to let you know someone else is finding the same symptom.

sarita
sarita

June 25th, 2011, 2:51 am #4

I had the same question. I'm still pretty crampy even though I'm a couple weeks ahead. For me it got bad enough that it kept me up at night. I think it's just the implanting and the ligaments stretching.
Call the doc if you like but I have the same thing!
Thanks, I'll call Monday just to be sure but it's good to know it's not just me. These first weeks are terrifying. After ttc for 2+ years I want to be excited but it still doesn't feel real. Please little one - grow!

sarita
sarita

June 25th, 2011, 2:52 am #5

Hi Sarita- I am from over on the DE PG board, but peek over here too. I am 8 wks 4days and have had very very mild cramping now and again for a few weeks. As this is my first PG, not sure what to make of it...but I have just come back from my 3rd u/s with good measurements and heart beat.
-Just wanted to let you know someone else is finding the same symptom.
so reassuring!

Katie
Katie

June 25th, 2011, 3:12 am #6

Thanks, I'll call Monday just to be sure but it's good to know it's not just me. These first weeks are terrifying. After ttc for 2+ years I want to be excited but it still doesn't feel real. Please little one - grow!
I feel the same way!! So scared all the time!

June 25th, 2011, 4:43 am #7

so crampy that I remember almost 9yrs later (wow, time flies! seems like just yesterday...but I am getting off topic)

I was so crampy that I believed AF was coming, got some heavy spotting so figured was having some weird light af because of my cancelled DE IVF. Took me weeks to get oevr the shock of seeing a + on the hpt. lol
BUT it's hard to be over joyed when it's such a crampy Af-feeling time. I was convinced I had an ectopic or was losing the pg-- I was so convinced that at the 8wk us I cried when I saw the little nubbin, I truly expected the tech to go quiet and have the Dr come give me the news. it was a crazy crazy and wonderful time, truly magic.

hang in there and try to take it easy and drink your water. every pg is different but I found that I'd be more crampy if I neglected my water and if I tried to simply do too much in a day. Remember that your body is working hard and the hormones are revving up. Spotting, I'd get that if I did too much too. I lived like a pampered princess, my DH made me dinner back then. He's forgotten how to cook since then lol Oh how he babied me.

btw, ordinarily, during the LP I'd have sore b@@bs but things were different on that cycle, they'd come and go and my digestion slowed right down, it was bizarre yet I blamed the hormonal prep I did for the DE IVF, I was so convinced my own eggs weren't a go. Funny how life is and interesting to ponder what path brought us where.

keep us posted
hugs
jm

me:42, DH 43
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm #8

note that as you progress with your PG, even well into your first trimester and even 2nd, you may still get AF-like cramps here and there and it will be totally normal. It'll make you batty but if you do have them, know it's normal. Of course, as with anything, if something just doesn't feel right, call the OB. That's always the best bet.

sarita
sarita

June 25th, 2011, 5:51 pm #9

Thanks - this is so reassuring. I sort of wish I had sore boobs, etc. I have no symptoms except this cramping and occasionaly hotflashes and insomnia both of which seem to be subsiding. I find that if I stay of my feet and rest more the crampiness goes away so I can only imagine this is my body's way of saying TAKE IT EASY. So I'm trying to rest today.

Mrs, A
Mrs, A

June 25th, 2011, 6:23 pm #10

that's what I did every time. Whenever I felt like maybe it was just too much exertion or like I was a bit crampy or if I just felt insecure...I went and laid down and rested. Nothing wrong with that.

The other thing...I was one of those lucky ones who really didn't have PG symptoms. I even told my nurse at a few of the check-ups that if it wasn't for them telling me I was PG, I wouldn't think I was PG.

It is soooooooo hard but try not to read too much into symptoms, whether you have them and they persist, or you have them and they subside or you don't have them at all.

I signed up for the What to Expect emails from their website and that was a big mistake in the early weeks. Now that I'm far along I do appreciate them and look forward to them, but in those early days, it was not good because it just added to my anxiety when I'd get a weekly email saying "and this week you'll be feeling this and feeling that and blah blah blah" and when I wasn't, I'd just start thinking OMG, there must be something wrong because I'm not feeling any of that.

Just take it easy - at least it's a nice weekend in NYC!