I've been out of the loop here too long...

I've been out of the loop here too long...

JulesM
JulesM

June 5th, 2012, 1:15 am #1

Hi to everyone who knows me and welcome and congrats to all the newcomers!! I have been so crazy busy lately I really haven't had time for the board but I do peek every once in a while. I'm back working the over night shift and over the past month or so have been in the process of house buying so have just felt like I have had no time.

My baby girl has just turned 5 months and is the love of my life! I can't even begin to describe the joy she brings us. I think the last time I posted was to ask for support with breast feeding. I had such a hard time the first 6 weeks but now I'm proud to say... with the support from you gals as well as a great local support group... I am still exclusively breast feeding and it couldn't be easier.

I owe so much to this board.... I honestly believe I would probably not be where I am right now with out it. I sit here and type as my cutie pie sleeps so peacefully in the other room and I can't believe my luck. I am going to try my best to be more active here... I owe you ladies so much and I want to be able to give that support back.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 5th, 2012, 1:44 am #2

Your little Rosie-roo girl must be so precious indeed!!

That's wonderful that you're still nursing! I know it was really hard for you at first but glad that you could get passed the hurdles. It's crazy to think you'd ever use the adjective "easy" and breastfeeding in same sentence, right?! I too am exclusively BF-ing still - my new "line in the sand" is 12 months so I am trying to figure out the weaning plan as we approach that mark come August. No TIME cover for me over here! LOL!

Enjoy your little gal!!

JulesM
JulesM

June 5th, 2012, 1:52 am #3

You were a big help in making me believe I could do it. Honestly! So thank you again!! My goal was 3 months because I wasn't sure I would be able to do it when I went back to work but working nights and pumping during my shifts has helped to keep my supply. Now my line in the sand is 7 months... or possibly longer.
Wow... can you believe Lauren is almost a year old???? Wow! I am sure she is getting cuter by the day!

Jamie
Jamie

June 5th, 2012, 12:13 pm #4

Hi to everyone who knows me and welcome and congrats to all the newcomers!! I have been so crazy busy lately I really haven't had time for the board but I do peek every once in a while. I'm back working the over night shift and over the past month or so have been in the process of house buying so have just felt like I have had no time.

My baby girl has just turned 5 months and is the love of my life! I can't even begin to describe the joy she brings us. I think the last time I posted was to ask for support with breast feeding. I had such a hard time the first 6 weeks but now I'm proud to say... with the support from you gals as well as a great local support group... I am still exclusively breast feeding and it couldn't be easier.

I owe so much to this board.... I honestly believe I would probably not be where I am right now with out it. I sit here and type as my cutie pie sleeps so peacefully in the other room and I can't believe my luck. I am going to try my best to be more active here... I owe you ladies so much and I want to be able to give that support back.
So glad to hear that all is well with your baby girl . . . that age she is at is just the best! They are so smiley and delightful then. It's wonderful to hear that motherhood is treating you so well.

JulesM
JulesM

June 5th, 2012, 12:20 pm #5

How are you doing? I really need to spend a few hours catching up on the board. Your baby girl just turned 1 in March or Apr, right?

June 5th, 2012, 12:48 pm #6

Thanks for the update, you sound so busy.

Good luck house hunting or have you found one and are finalizing the details--?
That is very exciting.

Every age is good but I too remember that stage where they are smiley, learning to "appreciate" tummy time and perhaps showing real signs of wanting to crawl or thinking about it anyways. They all do these things in their own time and it's such a joy to be the witness in any of their new abilities (except the sass they learn once they start school but let's not go there lol)

Good on you for keeping up the nursing. I know all too well how challenging it can be. You must do what works best for you all. I too had "lines in the sand" but mine kept moving. lol. I ended up trying the La Leche's way of gentle weaning (don't offer, don't refuse) It didn't work for us so I had to start the process.
It's all good.

hugs
jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm #7

I know how busy you are. Happy the BF is working out!
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

JulesM
JulesM

June 5th, 2012, 9:32 pm #8

Thanks for the update, you sound so busy.

Good luck house hunting or have you found one and are finalizing the details--?
That is very exciting.

Every age is good but I too remember that stage where they are smiley, learning to "appreciate" tummy time and perhaps showing real signs of wanting to crawl or thinking about it anyways. They all do these things in their own time and it's such a joy to be the witness in any of their new abilities (except the sass they learn once they start school but let's not go there lol)

Good on you for keeping up the nursing. I know all too well how challenging it can be. You must do what works best for you all. I too had "lines in the sand" but mine kept moving. lol. I ended up trying the La Leche's way of gentle weaning (don't offer, don't refuse) It didn't work for us so I had to start the process.
It's all good.

hugs
jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is such a great age of giggles and rolling and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth! I am not one to think that BF is the best, so I don't want my post to come off that way. It was just something that i really wanted to do and therefore am glad I got through the hard days to where I am now. I believe that it is a personal choice for everyone and that no matter what your bay is fed, as long as they ARE fed, growing and happy, that is all that matters. At the end of the day I am a huge believer in happy mommy=happy baby.

JulesM
JulesM

June 5th, 2012, 9:34 pm #9

I know how busy you are. Happy the BF is working out!
I hope you are feeling ok. I have been keeping you in my t&p. You are such a strong person with a beautiful family!

June 6th, 2012, 1:08 am #10

AF has stopped and get BD next Tuesday to confirm beta is down to 0. Had lots going on the past few weeks so thankfully had things to keep my mind away.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally