I'm in LOVE - with a chair!

I'm in LOVE - with a chair!

Bethpky
Bethpky

July 4th, 2011, 3:16 am #1

Okay, so I'm being melodramatic. Hey, it's probably the last month of pregnancy hormones kicking in.

It's been a TOUGH week for me. Traveling to SC last week for work was probably a mistake...I came back into town exhausted to the point of sickness and freaking about how much needed to be done - at home and at work. Sleep is difficult at this point as many of you probably remember. To top off the madness, I learned that the gorgeous, expensive crib that had been given to us by a family member was recalled, and the darn thing was only 6 years old! DH was right again; he'd told me 3 or 4 weeks ago to go order a new crib since he'd read a report about the massive recalls of cribs. Would I listen? Of course not.

So here we were yesterday morning with a messy/dirty/turned upside down house, a completely unless crib setting in pieces in the middle of the floor, and 100 degree heat.

Well, the fortunes finally turned. We went to Babies 'R Us last night. Not only was the crib we liked on sale, the store happened to have one IN STOCK! We're picking it up on Wednesday when the nursery bookshelves are completed.

This morning, my friend/cleaning expert drove into town (from my hometown) to clean and help organize my house - praise the Lord! Then this afternoon I decided to stop by a local baby furniture store to look at chests - and there it was, the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in! It's the Best Chair glider/rocker/recliner in the Tryp pattern. Oh, I can't even explain other than to say it was like sitting on a cloud of whipped butter, and it reclines into a nearly horizontal position so I can sleep in it. Honestly, I didn't want to get up. So I told my parents about it, and they said, "If you want it that badly, we'll pay half." So I'm getting my perfect chair which will be delivered in 4 weeks! The best part is that it doesn't look like a traditional glider; I'll actually be able to use it in a family room or office. I'm going to try to sell my uncomfortable leather recliner on Craigslist; it's almost like new. I have a Shermag glider that was given to be years ago, but it doesn't recline, and my friend swears I'll need a recliner capable of being slept in.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and festive July 4th holiday. The fireworks have already begun much to the chagrin of our high strung Shih Tzu.

Alli
Alli

July 5th, 2011, 2:43 am #2

You are so close girl! A chair of poofy whipped cream sounds good. And yes- my cats have their "shark fin" fur up from the explosions.

Bethpky
Bethpky

July 5th, 2011, 3:16 pm #3

Cats and fireworks do not mix! My former cat (which I let my ex-husband have the divorce) hated July 4th more than any other holiday.

Hope you and babies are doing well! I'm walking at the pace of a snail by this point. Literally I feel like the baby could pop out with every step. I can't imagine how much more uncomfortable multiples would be...but you made it through with flying colors. I need to buck up and quit complaining! Women have been doing this for centuries without air conditioning or modern conveniences.

Rocking chairs and expensive bedding are my two downfalls.

July 5th, 2011, 4:22 pm #4

You are in the South with humidity and heat. At least I was hugely preggo in the winter! I always think of Southern women in the 1800s on plantations with wool dresses and hoop skirts with no AC.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Tanya
Tanya

July 5th, 2011, 5:05 pm #5

Okay, so I'm being melodramatic. Hey, it's probably the last month of pregnancy hormones kicking in.

It's been a TOUGH week for me. Traveling to SC last week for work was probably a mistake...I came back into town exhausted to the point of sickness and freaking about how much needed to be done - at home and at work. Sleep is difficult at this point as many of you probably remember. To top off the madness, I learned that the gorgeous, expensive crib that had been given to us by a family member was recalled, and the darn thing was only 6 years old! DH was right again; he'd told me 3 or 4 weeks ago to go order a new crib since he'd read a report about the massive recalls of cribs. Would I listen? Of course not.

So here we were yesterday morning with a messy/dirty/turned upside down house, a completely unless crib setting in pieces in the middle of the floor, and 100 degree heat.

Well, the fortunes finally turned. We went to Babies 'R Us last night. Not only was the crib we liked on sale, the store happened to have one IN STOCK! We're picking it up on Wednesday when the nursery bookshelves are completed.

This morning, my friend/cleaning expert drove into town (from my hometown) to clean and help organize my house - praise the Lord! Then this afternoon I decided to stop by a local baby furniture store to look at chests - and there it was, the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in! It's the Best Chair glider/rocker/recliner in the Tryp pattern. Oh, I can't even explain other than to say it was like sitting on a cloud of whipped butter, and it reclines into a nearly horizontal position so I can sleep in it. Honestly, I didn't want to get up. So I told my parents about it, and they said, "If you want it that badly, we'll pay half." So I'm getting my perfect chair which will be delivered in 4 weeks! The best part is that it doesn't look like a traditional glider; I'll actually be able to use it in a family room or office. I'm going to try to sell my uncomfortable leather recliner on Craigslist; it's almost like new. I have a Shermag glider that was given to be years ago, but it doesn't recline, and my friend swears I'll need a recliner capable of being slept in.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and festive July 4th holiday. The fireworks have already begun much to the chagrin of our high strung Shih Tzu.
I just cannot believe how time has flown and you are almost due! You continue to be my inspiration with that piece of paper in my planner, I am now afraid to remove it because it could be bad karma
Things are progressing with me; we have an appointment with the geneticist tomorrow morning so another ultrasound! I just wish I wasnt so moody, one minute Im giggling and the next Im in tears (usually around the fact nothing is fitting is me).

How are your friends with twins doing?

sch1star
sch1star

July 5th, 2011, 5:28 pm #6

Is it this one? http://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Re ... items/TRYP That looks comfy - I haven't picked one yet - so ty for the mention!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your last weeks (and have some support for the not so enjoyable parts!). Hope the pup survived the fireworks okay

Bethpky
Bethpky

July 6th, 2011, 12:40 am #7

You are in the South with humidity and heat. At least I was hugely preggo in the winter! I always think of Southern women in the 1800s on plantations with wool dresses and hoop skirts with no AC.
Scarlett made it through with Bonnie Blue, so I guess I will, too!

Bethpky
Bethpky

July 6th, 2011, 12:46 am #8

I just cannot believe how time has flown and you are almost due! You continue to be my inspiration with that piece of paper in my planner, I am now afraid to remove it because it could be bad karma
Things are progressing with me; we have an appointment with the geneticist tomorrow morning so another ultrasound! I just wish I wasnt so moody, one minute Im giggling and the next Im in tears (usually around the fact nothing is fitting is me).

How are your friends with twins doing?
The last couple of months literally fly. Tanya, you'll wake up and be 36 weeks before you know it. Good luck with the geneticist. Trust your instincts and have whatever tests will give you peace of mind. And keep those notes if they give you comfort. It makes me feel good that our conversation helped you persevere. Obviously, the persistence paid off!

Don't be surprised if you get a big box of baby stuff in the mail from me!

Let me know what happens at your appointment. I'll be thinking of you.

My friends are doing great! They heard both heartbeats again last Thursday.

Bethpky
Bethpky

July 6th, 2011, 12:50 am #9

Is it this one? http://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Re ... items/TRYP That looks comfy - I haven't picked one yet - so ty for the mention!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your last weeks (and have some support for the not so enjoyable parts!). Hope the pup survived the fireworks okay
Mine is the Robin's Egg pattern which has a cream background with small light blue and light brown circles. Try it! My parents were in town today and went by the store to check it out. Mother agreed that it was about the most comfortable chair she'd ever been in. There was another model at the store that wasn't nearly as comfortable.

Hope you're doing well! How far along are you now?

sch1star
sch1star

July 6th, 2011, 4:32 pm #10

I've been researching now! I like the look of the Irvington too. The Tryp might be more Dad friendly with the higher back - have to sit in them, like you say. Yay for shopping! That pattern sounds beautiful.

I'm good thanks! Now that we know baby is a boy, I'm starting to gear up with the nesting and really having some fun...no complaints here at all!

Looking forward to your birth story! It will be a wonderful one I know!