Huge exhale; NT results are in!

Huge exhale; NT results are in!

May 24th, 2011, 4:12 pm #1

And they look great! Genetic counselor said they were like the results of a 20-year old and that I couldn't ask for better. (She said that last time, and I know I've seen better on these boards, but I'll take them, LOL!)

Had the scan on Friday at BIDMC and it was so much better than my last NT there. A perinatologist did it this time instead of a radiology tech. She was wonderful. Knew I was nervous so looked at the nuchal fold immediately (baby was VERY cooperative) and said "Looks great, enjoy the rest of the show!" She explained everything as she was looking at it: heart, liver, bladder, everything. Showed me fingers and toes, how the baby was covering his/her face with his/her hand (which was very cute). She kept saying how cooperative and beautiful my baby was, which was so nice. I was measuring three days ahead at 12 weeks.

She took three measurements that came back at 1.1, 1.4, and 1.3, so she had to go with the largest. Everything else looked great, she even did a 3D u/s and gave me pics! SOOOO cool! Although, DH said those pics were "spooky" and that the baby looked like a "little rat." Nice. At one point I thought I saw a penis, so I asked, but she said "waaaay too early." In retrospect, I think I just saw the umbilical cord; it was awfully big. We'll see...

So, after the b/w my risks are as follows:

DS: before screen = 1:63; after screen = 1:1,241
T13/18: before scan = 1:109; after screen = 1:2,161

Also, I just started Zofran. Man, have I been sick. I haven't been able to keep any liquids down, so getting very dehydrated and just puking all day and night. So, I bit the bullet and took a pill the other night--just one. Can't believe how much better I feel. I'm trying to keep it to one a day or less, because meds scare me during PG. But, I have to function and stay hydrated, right? Only thing, man, it causes constipation! (Sorry for the TMI.)

Not sure if we'll share the news with everyone just yet. Maybe selectively...

Take care, everyone!
Meg

Jamie
Jamie

May 24th, 2011, 5:04 pm #2

Those are wonderful numbers! Now relax and enjoy (sans constipation, hopefully).

JulesM
JulesM

May 24th, 2011, 8:07 pm #3

And they look great! Genetic counselor said they were like the results of a 20-year old and that I couldn't ask for better. (She said that last time, and I know I've seen better on these boards, but I'll take them, LOL!)

Had the scan on Friday at BIDMC and it was so much better than my last NT there. A perinatologist did it this time instead of a radiology tech. She was wonderful. Knew I was nervous so looked at the nuchal fold immediately (baby was VERY cooperative) and said "Looks great, enjoy the rest of the show!" She explained everything as she was looking at it: heart, liver, bladder, everything. Showed me fingers and toes, how the baby was covering his/her face with his/her hand (which was very cute). She kept saying how cooperative and beautiful my baby was, which was so nice. I was measuring three days ahead at 12 weeks.

She took three measurements that came back at 1.1, 1.4, and 1.3, so she had to go with the largest. Everything else looked great, she even did a 3D u/s and gave me pics! SOOOO cool! Although, DH said those pics were "spooky" and that the baby looked like a "little rat." Nice. At one point I thought I saw a penis, so I asked, but she said "waaaay too early." In retrospect, I think I just saw the umbilical cord; it was awfully big. We'll see...

Also, I just started Zofran. Man, have I been sick. I haven't been able to keep any liquids down, so getting very dehydrated and just puking all day and night. So, I bit the bullet and took a pill the other night--just one. Can't believe how much better I feel. I'm trying to keep it to one a day or less, because meds scare me during PG. But, I have to function and stay hydrated, right? Only thing, man, it causes constipation! (Sorry for the TMI.)

Take care, everyone!
Meg
What awesome news!! You must be so relieved. Glad the zofran is giving you relief too

sch1star
sch1star

May 24th, 2011, 8:10 pm #4

Take care, everyone!
Meg
Awesome news! So glad you got to see so much, and that they were reassuring right off the bat. I bet it made a big difference to your state of mind!

So sorry to hear you have been so ill. It should be on the wane now - ?? I hope you are feeling better soon. MS = healthy baby, actual science - a little consolation prize at least

Very very happy for you, congrats!! And enjoy!

sch1star
sch1star

May 24th, 2011, 8:11 pm #5

Here is your flyswatter...

erin
erin

May 24th, 2011, 11:00 pm #6

Take care, everyone!
Meg
I have to say that while I'm happy for you, I'm also really happy it's not me Enjoy this, especially with the Zofran!

May 25th, 2011, 2:12 am #7

Those are wonderful numbers! Now relax and enjoy (sans constipation, hopefully).
yes, sans poop issues would be great!

Thanks so much, Jamie!

Meg

May 25th, 2011, 2:13 am #8

What awesome news!! You must be so relieved. Glad the zofran is giving you relief too
So looking forward to your updates

Hugs,
Meg

May 25th, 2011, 2:17 am #9

Awesome news! So glad you got to see so much, and that they were reassuring right off the bat. I bet it made a big difference to your state of mind!

So sorry to hear you have been so ill. It should be on the wane now - ?? I hope you are feeling better soon. MS = healthy baby, actual science - a little consolation prize at least

Very very happy for you, congrats!! And enjoy!
For DS#1, I was sick until 26 weeks; for DS#2, was sick until 20 weeks, an improvement, but not enough for me. I couldn't stand the thought of puking for another two months, so I finally asked for help. That's a lot for me...I'm stubborn as h*ll. But it was really starting to scare me that I couldn't hold down liquids. I was afraid for the wee one...

I'll take that fly swatter

Hugs,
Meg

Bethpky
Bethpky

May 25th, 2011, 2:19 am #10

Take care, everyone!
Meg
You must feel so relieved...congratulations!

I took Zofran...it was a life saver. Hope you start feeling better soon.