How many u/s have you had since week 18?

How many u/s have you had since week 18?

November 8th, 2011, 8:56 pm #1

I am currently at wk 28 (and about to go in for my glucose test) and I realized I had not had and u/s since week 18. It seems a life time away. At wk 18 we did the Nuchal and the tech wrote down the baby's sex as "looks like a girl".
Of course I am dying to see our little girl again...but I am getting a little concerned about the accuracy of the gender.
Does 10 weeks seem like a long time, granted it was durning the second tri.
Thanks in advance!

November 8th, 2011, 9:26 pm #2

Hi there,
I did my Nuchal test around week 13 and had the big gender reveal around week 20/21. The appointment after the u/s I had asked if I receive another u/s before the baby was to be born and was told I would only receive an u/s if something was wrong. I asked my friends if this was normal and they faced the same thing no more U/s after 20/21 week one. IMO, I am so use to routine u/s b/c of the whole infertility so it seemed like a given. But its not. It stinks.

So, maybe you are lucky and will get another one.

November 8th, 2011, 10:08 pm #3

I am currently at wk 28 (and about to go in for my glucose test) and I realized I had not had and u/s since week 18. It seems a life time away. At wk 18 we did the Nuchal and the tech wrote down the baby's sex as "looks like a girl".
Of course I am dying to see our little girl again...but I am getting a little concerned about the accuracy of the gender.
Thanks in advance!
Had a bunch in the beginning, then the nuchal at 12 weeks, the anatomy scan at 18 weeks, then nada. I'm at 36 weeks currently. They'll need to check the baby's position at some point before I deliver, so I expect at least one more. But, it's tough going so long in between, I agree. Sometimes you forget what you've got in there, LOL!

I don't know how our mother's did it without any type of u/s back in the day!

Hugs,
Meg

JulesM
JulesM

November 8th, 2011, 11:01 pm #4

Thanks in advance!
From what I have heard from friends/family, most OBs only do the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks and then nothing unless an issue. I had an 18 wk US and then a follow up at 29 weeks for my placenta previa. The US tech even said "lucky you, you get to see your little one again". So I think that is the norm. I will get another one at 34 wks to see if the previa is still there.

sch1star
sch1star

November 8th, 2011, 11:10 pm #5

Thanks in advance!
My OB's practice has this one add'l as a standard. I've had 3 since wk 18, but 2 were for various issues - the previa, and low growth % - so those weren't typical.

First person in my due date buddies group (all same ER week) went into labor today. Baby's full term now and my last day of work was yesterday. Things are getting exciting around here!

bigboy
bigboy

November 9th, 2011, 12:28 am #6

Thanks in advance!
there was a big gap b/tw the 20 week u/s and the next one with my son...i wanna say it wasnt until the 32 week u/s....

November 9th, 2011, 1:54 am #7

Thanks in advance!
I guess it is normal then. I won't be counting on many or any more.
I was a little off in my original post. I had my Nuchal at wk 12, which included an u/s and the anatomy scan at 18 wk, also with an u/s. Gender revealed at 18 wk and that was it. Do you think it would be out of the ordinary to request another? It may seem superficial, but I'd like the gender confirmed...or is it pretty obvious at the 18 wk mark?

November 9th, 2011, 2:45 am #8

My OB's practice has this one add'l as a standard. I've had 3 since wk 18, but 2 were for various issues - the previa, and low growth % - so those weren't typical.

First person in my due date buddies group (all same ER week) went into labor today. Baby's full term now and my last day of work was yesterday. Things are getting exciting around here!
How exciting that you stopped work and are officially full term. YAY! Now, start nesting in between all that construction, of course.

I'm working up till the very end and kind of regretting it. Ah well, it'll be OK. I think I'm going to start looping in my boss more and more so she can easily step into my shoes as I try to step out of them.

Just found out today I need to do weekly NSTs due to my age from here on out. Are you doing those?

Hugs,
Meg

ALM
ALM

November 9th, 2011, 4:12 am #9

Thanks in advance!
detailed scan at 20 weeks. At the NT they thought "girl" but surprise it was a boy at the more detailed 20 weeks scan. That said, there's a big difference between 12 and 18 weeks, so I think you have a higher likelihood of it being right. Either way, it's a win/win!

I'm at 22+ weeks now. I don't think there are any more u/s, are there?

Good luck on the Glucose test!!

sch1star
sch1star

November 9th, 2011, 7:44 am #10

How exciting that you stopped work and are officially full term. YAY! Now, start nesting in between all that construction, of course.

I'm working up till the very end and kind of regretting it. Ah well, it'll be OK. I think I'm going to start looping in my boss more and more so she can easily step into my shoes as I try to step out of them.

Just found out today I need to do weekly NSTs due to my age from here on out. Are you doing those?

Hugs,
Meg
I've been doing them twice a week. They are easy and noninvasive and have given me a chance to meet the nursing staff at L&D - although I am grateful we didn't choose a hospital further away! Call me crazy but I think the baby likes the NST game. As soon as the monitors go on, he obligingly kicks and his hr goes up and we are out of there before we know it! It's been reassuring. Hopefully you'll enjoy the extra time with the baby too

Since I freelance, I don't have a limit to "maternity leave" (just the money stress!) but if I did I bet I'd want to go as long as possible before stepping out - I'm sure you'll be glad for your extra time after LO's arrival! Yay for training the boss

Renos are a nightmare. Our flooring is delayed and depending on whether baby is early, we may have to juggle him with a hotel stay while it's being installed. Kind of nuts!

Are you all set at home?