How do you preserve an HPT that shows a BFP?

How do you preserve an HPT that shows a BFP?

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 16th, 2011, 7:41 pm #1

I got my BFP on an HPT on Thursday. Today is Sunday and it's already starting to fade and turn yellowish.

January 17th, 2011, 6:23 pm #2

I scanned mine and threw out the tests. I had heard they fade.

You still have time to scan yours and still keep the test.

good luck!

juliemam

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 17th, 2011, 7:41 pm #3

Use your digital camera, put the test in sunlight and take a picture without the flash.
( Would also find the paper from the day you got the positive and put that under the test, with the dates showing and a bit of headlines... fun for the scrap book!)

And then, if you really really want the test to show someone or whatever:

Print the photo, getting it a close to life size as possible.

Get a new , clean, un-peed on test.

Cut out the double line of the photo and put it into the test area of the new test.

Not the same, I know, but then your family is not holding somehting you peed on! (Not that that is not a funny thought when it come to most mother-in-laws but still!)

I have no idea about the actual test, but this should help!

ZakiaZ
ZakiaZ

January 18th, 2011, 1:47 am #4

I got my BFP on an HPT on Thursday. Today is Sunday and it's already starting to fade and turn yellowish.
Was it a cheepie one? I still have all mine (at least 15 per pg.) and they're all still as dark as the day they were done.

You should get a more expensive one (if you used a cheepie) and re-pee on it, lol.

Z.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 18th, 2011, 1:48 am #5

I scanned mine and threw out the tests. I had heard they fade.

You still have time to scan yours and still keep the test.

good luck!

juliemam
I had lost two before I had DD #3. So had wished I had saved the sticks so I would have had something to make it all real. So with DD #3 I still have the sticks -FRER. She is now 2 1/2 so they are over 3 years old and still show BFP-but have yellowed.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 18th, 2011, 2:51 pm #6

Was it a cheepie one? I still have all mine (at least 15 per pg.) and they're all still as dark as the day they were done.

You should get a more expensive one (if you used a cheepie) and re-pee on it, lol.

Z.
and it has turned yellow.