heartbeat!

heartbeat!

June 13th, 2012, 3:38 pm #1

I had an ultrasound on Monday, and there's a little embryo with a heartbeat in there! Everything seems to be going well, apart from the crushing nausea. Has anyone tried Zofran?

juliemam
juliemam

June 13th, 2012, 5:09 pm #2

I had nausea but not strong enough to make me give up an offering in the bathroom BUT it did stop me from eating which made it worse so I read up on taking Vitamin B. I took some and it helped. I think it was B6.

Good luck with that

Congratulations!!!

Julie

mel
mel

June 13th, 2012, 5:14 pm #3

I had an ultrasound on Monday, and there's a little embryo with a heartbeat in there! Everything seems to be going well, apart from the crushing nausea. Has anyone tried Zofran?
Congrats!! What a great milestone!

Regarding the crushing nausea...ugh...I'm sorry. I can definitely relate as to how terrible that can be. My dr didn't prescribe me zofran, but told me take B6 and Unisom combo. For me, I could only take the unisom at night because it made me really sleepy and that was only on a 1/2 of a pill. While it didn't help me all that much, a lot of women swear by that combo. I continued on it anyways for fear of what it would have been like had I not been taking it. Good luck!

Wells42
Wells42

June 13th, 2012, 6:51 pm #4

Great news on the heart beat! Hooray! And I have no advice for the nausea. I didn't take zofran (In retrospect I wish I would have tried it) but I tried everything else - B6 (which may have helped but since I was taking it before I got pregnant, I couldn't tell for sure), wristbands, ginger . . . the only thing that really helped me at all was a mix of sprite and OJ, but only do that if you want to gain, like, 15 pounds in your first trimester Again, wonderful news on the heartbeat!

Laura
Laura

June 13th, 2012, 6:55 pm #5

Congratulations! Seeing that flicker is such a good sign, and so relieving. My nausea was also crushing and I take half a pill when I wake up if the thought of moving makes me want to hurl. But it is a class B medication meaning that studies have found it not to be conclusively harmful but not necessarily totally safe, so after the initial morning pill I try to eat small amounts every hour and that has been enough to keep me from needing any more later.

But be prepared. It is a very expensive medication even as a generic so your insurance might not cover it. I just went through this nightmare but managed to find it at Fry's pharmacy for $22 for 30 tabs. Many other pharmacies in the area were charging $100 just for the same amount of the generic.

Sara H
Sara H

June 13th, 2012, 8:53 pm #6

Isn't that the best? Very happy for you!

Hugs!
Sara H

June 14th, 2012, 12:39 pm #7

Here's to a healthy several months ahead!

JulesM
JulesM

June 14th, 2012, 1:03 pm #8

Congrats!!! Fabulous news on seeing that flickering heart rate! Sorry about the nausea

Teresa
Teresa

June 14th, 2012, 1:03 pm #9

So happy to hear that you saw the heartbeat, that's such a relief!!
I don't have any experience with Zofran, I'm sorry to say. I hope your m/s passes soon though and that you're feeling better!
T

Erin
Erin

June 14th, 2012, 4:22 pm #10

Such a great milestone! Congratulations!