Glucose test soon and giving in to sugary cravings

Glucose test soon and giving in to sugary cravings

October 19th, 2011, 9:55 pm #1

I feel I am totally in the dark on the Glucose tolerance test, which I have coming up. I have searched, but not finding too much on it.
I am 25 weeks and only now finding I am having cravings...pancakes, ice cream and darn halloween candy, all in one week and a 2 lb weight gain.
Soooo, I know I can't continue like this... but my question is with the GTT. Does a few extra doses of sugar in the weeks leading to the GTT lead to a bad result?
And please, pardon my ignorance on this topic. Thanks.

JulesM
JulesM

October 19th, 2011, 11:02 pm #2

Ice cream, sugary candy, cake and even bubble gum! I have a least some every day. I had my GTT Monday and was also worried but thankfully I passed. Just an FYI I had not one but 2 pieces of cake 2 days before, it was 2 of my nephews Birthdays and we celebrated twice and I just couldn't resist the cake!! I tried to stay away from the sweets the day before and the morning of my test I had a whole wheat English muffin, a hard boiled egg and decaf coffee w/ splenda. I also make sure I exercise about 4 days a week to keep my weight in check so I also think that helps. Good Luck!!

October 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm #3

I believe you are roughly 2 weeks ahead of me? I am in my 25th week.
Did you find around then you had random cravings out of the blue?
Or I wonder if it is the lack of summer fruits that have me looking at Ben and Jerry's and halloween doesn't help!!
I hope you are doing well.

JulesM
JulesM

October 20th, 2011, 12:10 am #4

Up until a month ago I would "like" something sweet but now I can't go to sleep without a last sweet bite, LOL. And yes, about 2 weeks ahead, 28 wks on Fri.

ALM
ALM

October 20th, 2011, 12:51 am #5

I feel I am totally in the dark on the Glucose tolerance test, which I have coming up. I have searched, but not finding too much on it.
I am 25 weeks and only now finding I am having cravings...pancakes, ice cream and darn halloween candy, all in one week and a 2 lb weight gain.
Soooo, I know I can't continue like this... but my question is with the GTT. Does a few extra doses of sugar in the weeks leading to the GTT lead to a bad result?
I have been dying for sugar and bread and carbs. That's all I want! I'm behind you at 19+ weeks and this is my first pg, so I don't have any advice. All I can say is, you are not alone! Hopefully some others have responded who've been through it.

sch1star
sch1star

October 20th, 2011, 2:04 am #6

I worried too. Finally I gave up and looked at it as "well if I might fail I'd better get in the sweets while I can!"

I stuck with protein that morning. My result was 81 or thereabouts...low end of normal. I wouldn't worry...good luck

bigboy
bigboy

October 20th, 2011, 1:02 pm #7

with my first pregnancy. i think i took the test right around the holidays i think....and december was a SUGAR month for me. i couldnt stop eating anything sugar. still passed, no problem. it may be different for everyone though? i dont know...

October 20th, 2011, 2:35 pm #8

Sounds like- don't sweat it...if you pass you pass
I hope I do!