Freaking out (previous m/c ment)

Freaking out (previous m/c ment)

June 15th, 2011, 2:17 pm #1

So last night I had this nightmare that my breasts stopped being sore and that I found out I had another early m/c. So I wake up this morning and my breasts aren't sore. Took a pregnancy test and it is still showing pregnant and the line looks darker than yesterday, but not by much. Immediately ordered another 30 tests online so that I can keep freaking out and peeing on sticks. Searched this board and found a million posts saying that breast tenderness comes and goes and it doesn't necessarily mean a m/c. But it didn't seem to help. Started sobbing as soon as DH was out of the shower. He loves me so much and I know it kills him to see me like this.
Today is my third beta. Oh please please please....I need prayers. I'm crying as I type.

June 15th, 2011, 2:21 pm #2

I'm so sorry you're so upset, but you're right that symptoms come and go so try not to freak out. I know how hard that is and I sound like a hypocrite saying that, but it's true.

Huge hugs to you, Katie. I'm wishing you another strong beta. Hang in there. These early weeks are soooo tough.

Meg

BabyDance
BabyDance

June 15th, 2011, 2:27 pm #3

So last night I had this nightmare that my breasts stopped being sore and that I found out I had another early m/c. So I wake up this morning and my breasts aren't sore. Took a pregnancy test and it is still showing pregnant and the line looks darker than yesterday, but not by much. Immediately ordered another 30 tests online so that I can keep freaking out and peeing on sticks. Searched this board and found a million posts saying that breast tenderness comes and goes and it doesn't necessarily mean a m/c. But it didn't seem to help. Started sobbing as soon as DH was out of the shower. He loves me so much and I know it kills him to see me like this.
Today is my third beta. Oh please please please....I need prayers. I'm crying as I type.
I think it's normal. I hear ya, too, all my symptoms stopped today, and I'm sure it's over before it started. I'm so sorry you are going through this, but I do think it's normal, and your sticks are still good, so you are good! XOXO BD

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 15th, 2011, 2:31 pm #4

and for my 3rd BFP I just had to have faith. Trust me, I know how horribly hard it is. But there is going to come a point where you have to have faith that everything is going to work out. You have had 2 incredibly strong betas and that is sooooo important. Yes the remaining road is long and unknown but you have to stay positive for what you have right now.

Others may disagree, but I highly encourage you to cancel the order for the POAS. Sure, it'll continue to give you a sense of confidence every time you see the second line...but you'll also be suffering a mini-heart attack in the moments leading up to seeing the second line. For all those 30 BFP on a PAOS you will have 30 anxiety attacks.

When I finally got this BFP at 14DPO by doing an HPT I was thrilled. at 15DPO I got beta and solid confirmation. I did another HPT at 17DPO and never looked backed. I still have a sealed HPT box of 3 sticks sitting in my linen closet. It took incredible will power but it also took a lot of faith. Something I never allowed myself to have before. I'm not a religious person by any means but this journey and this PG has taught me that you can't go far without faith in something beyond this earthly world.

Have faith my dear that this is working out because for right here and now, it is.

June 15th, 2011, 2:56 pm #5

hi Katie,

I have to agree with the poster who suggested you cancel the order for all the test sticks. After years of negatives, I loathe those things. In the end, they aren't that reassuring. I do think that in a few weeks, you should get a home doppler so you can hear the heartbeat and listen whenever you're feeling nervous. Even then, there will be times when the little one shifts and you won't be able to find the heartbeat but the bean will be just fine. All you can really do at this point is keep talking to that bean, telling her (or him) that you love them, that you already feel lucky to know them, they have already given you so much happiness, etc. Send it love and keep praying and just feel all the support of everyone on this board. We all want this for you and we are all pulling for you. There was another Katie on these boards awhile back and she has gone on to have her baby. Now it's your turn.

Cyberhugs to you Katie!
Sarah

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

June 15th, 2011, 3:05 pm #6

I also bought a doppler around 14 weeks or so. And the first couple of weeks we were listening every couple of days. Very soon though I thought, yet again, I have to have faith that the wiggler is in there just fine. Since those first couple of weeks, we've used the thing maybe twice or 3 times. It's comforting to know it's there if we do get a fear moment though.

JulesM
JulesM

June 15th, 2011, 3:15 pm #7

Have been there and am still there on many days. I actually did way to many POAS and the day of my first US I decided to do one after not doing one for a week. And guess what? It was lighter!!! Yup... freaked out! My DH, sister and mother kept asking if I was excited for the US and I was so negative and depressed. My sister then asked "your not still POAS? Are you?" (how she knew I will never know) but of course I lied and said "no". Well I was up all night with Dr Google and read that they further along you get and the higher the HCG the tests could actually get lighter because the tests aren't equipt to register such high numbers. I read if you dilute them then they will get darker and that was the case... but I spent hours a complete stress case and b*tch to anyone who asked how I was doing/felling, etc.
So I agree... the sticks are evil!!! I think your beta is going to be nice and strong and you will feel like a million bucks. Fingers crossed Katie!!

Kelly
Kelly

June 15th, 2011, 3:27 pm #8

But like the girls say you got to have faith. Your second beta is strong. The breast soreness will come and go. Please cancel the preg tests you just ordered. It will only drive you more crazy. I know this is scary! Hang in there and I pray your beta is good today and that you will have more faith that this will work for you.

Kelly
Kelly

June 15th, 2011, 3:30 pm #9

I also bought a doppler around 14 weeks or so. And the first couple of weeks we were listening every couple of days. Very soon though I thought, yet again, I have to have faith that the wiggler is in there just fine. Since those first couple of weeks, we've used the thing maybe twice or 3 times. It's comforting to know it's there if we do get a fear moment though.
Where did you buy Doppler from and how much? n/t

June 15th, 2011, 4:28 pm #10

Have been there and am still there on many days. I actually did way to many POAS and the day of my first US I decided to do one after not doing one for a week. And guess what? It was lighter!!! Yup... freaked out! My DH, sister and mother kept asking if I was excited for the US and I was so negative and depressed. My sister then asked "your not still POAS? Are you?" (how she knew I will never know) but of course I lied and said "no". Well I was up all night with Dr Google and read that they further along you get and the higher the HCG the tests could actually get lighter because the tests aren't equipt to register such high numbers. I read if you dilute them then they will get darker and that was the case... but I spent hours a complete stress case and b*tch to anyone who asked how I was doing/felling, etc.
So I agree... the sticks are evil!!! I think your beta is going to be nice and strong and you will feel like a million bucks. Fingers crossed Katie!!
Did the same thing. Kept POAS and eventually they got lighter! Read the same thing as Jules online that the further along you get, the lighter the sticks get due to the higher concentration of hcg. So, I did what the online material suggested and diluted the pee with water, then put the stick in. It was TRUE! Line got waaaaaaaay darker.

Anyway, I guess the moral is that those sticks could just cause more undue stress. Best to save your $$$$.

Hugs again,
Meg