Freaked out

Freaked out

Wren
Wren

March 28th, 2012, 1:37 pm #1

Hi! Hope all is well with everyone!

So I have had three cycles since I stopped nursing December 1. The first was December 28, the second was January 27
And the third was February 26. So they went from 31 days to 30 to 29. Pre baby, even with fsh of 21, I was a regular 30 day cycle. Clock work!

So this month I'm on day 32 and NO SIGNS OF AF! I am NOT pregnant, I know that, so I'm freaking out! Help?

March 28th, 2012, 2:33 pm #2

Isn't it normal for your cycles to be a little out of whack after breastfeeding? I would think it would take a few months for things to get back on track. ???

TTC: Since Nov. 2006
Diagnosis: Ovarian Dysfunction & PCOS
26 Years Old
cd3 FSH 16.8
cd10 FSH 13.6
7 Unmonitored Cycles of Clomid
3 Unmonitored Cycles of Letrozole
Positive CCCT
TAB for cysts
1st Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed BDing - 5 mature follies - BFN
TAB for cysts
2nd Cycle of 150iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 4 mature follies in play - BFN
3rd Cycle of 150 iu of Menopur with Timed Intercourse - 2 follies - BFN
1st Cycle of Gonal F - 1 follie & cyst on right - BFN
TAB for a cycle
2nd Cycle of Gonal F = BFP!!!!!
11dpo Beta=27.9
14dpo Beta=120
16dpo Beta=210
18dpo Beta=429
21dpo Beta=1064
5w6d - baby measuring 3mm, h/b 101
6w6d - baby measuring 6mm, h/b 126
7w6d - baby 18mm, h/b 171, measuring ahead at 8w2d! RE noticed enlarged yolk sac so keeping a close eye on that
8w6d - baby 2.52cm with h/b of 174
9w5d - baby 3.22cm with h/b of 180 measuring 10w1d
10w6d - baby 4.34cmcm with h/b of 174 measuring 11w1d
12w u/s showed baby at 11.2cm with h/b of 162 - unfortunately, that evening I suffered a horrible m/c of a chromosomally NORMAL girl.... RIP my angel girl...you were loved....

First cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse since m/c - BFN
2nd Cycle of Gonal F with Timed Intercourse - BFN
TAB for a month on bcp's
3rd Cycle of Gonal F - BFP
-11dpo beta=14.9
-14dpo beta=45.7
-16dpo beta=140
-18dpo beta=366
u/s at 6w1d showed heart-rate of 114!!!!
u/s at 7w1d showed heart-rate of 141!!!!
u/s at 8w showed heart-rate of 179
u/s at 9w showed 2 SCH's, h/r of 197
u/s at 10w showed h/r of 175
u/s at 11w showed h/r of 180
u/s at 12 w showed h/r of 188
12w2d...m/c'd baby at home, lost too much blood, had to have emergency D&C...severely anemic....baby was a chromosomally normal boy
-developed a blood clot in leg 1 1/2 wks post D&C...saw a hematologist and had testing done and everything came back normal, will still treat me with Lovenex on next pregnancy

March 28th, 2012, 2:40 pm #3

Hi! Hope all is well with everyone!

So I have had three cycles since I stopped nursing December 1. The first was December 28, the second was January 27
And the third was February 26. So they went from 31 days to 30 to 29. Pre baby, even with fsh of 21, I was a regular 30 day cycle. Clock work!

So this month I'm on day 32 and NO SIGNS OF AF! I am NOT pregnant, I know that, so I'm freaking out! Help?
it takes about a year for the nursing hormones to cone back to normal. The mind knows you aren't nursing but the body takes a bit longer to get there. Unfortunately.

If you are hoping to ttc#2, go see what the dr says about this and if you aren't satisfied, I'd go see a TCM dr for the herbs and getting your hormones back to a sane level.

Sorry this is so messed up. I can relate all too well. My hormones were a bit whacky following my DS and I stuck it out and finally went to see a tcm dr for the herbs and they helped a bunch. 3 cycles were enough to get things normal and saw big changes the very first cycle. I stayed on the herbs for 5 cycles and the last two, I could see things normalizing and stopped because I didn't want to be brewing and drinking these herbs forever.

good luck,
jm

me:43, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wren
Wren

March 28th, 2012, 2:48 pm #4

My gyn appt is April 11 so I won't see her til then. It just freaks me out to have her be so late! The high fsh dx back in 2009 has always made me thankful every time I've seen my period because I am so afraid that this month I'll be starting menopause. I just don't know what might hve delayed ovulation since things were fine for three months and I didn't have huge amounts of stress this past month. Grrrr... Stupid high fsh.

Wren
Wren

March 28th, 2012, 2:49 pm #5

Isn't it normal for your cycles to be a little out of whack after breastfeeding? I would think it would take a few months for things to get back on track. ???
What is weird to me though is the last three cycles doing just fine. You'd think they would have been wacky, but they were close to normal for me. Why now?

Sara H
Sara H

March 28th, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

My gyn appt is April 11 so I won't see her til then. It just freaks me out to have her be so late! The high fsh dx back in 2009 has always made me thankful every time I've seen my period because I am so afraid that this month I'll be starting menopause. I just don't know what might hve delayed ovulation since things were fine for three months and I didn't have huge amounts of stress this past month. Grrrr... Stupid high fsh.
I'd talk to your OB on the 11th (Ha! I have an appointment the same day! I'll be thinking of you!)

I have heard, just from friends without high FSH, of all sorts wackiness after birth and breastfeeding. It does not mean you are not ovulating, not at all, just so many different things going on it could be crossed signals.
Again, just a story, but a dear freind was only getting her af every three months and got PG on what would have been cycle day 74 or something. Weird but she has a DD to prove it!

I bet it's normal but I totally understand why you would be nervous. See what she says and good luck!

hugs,
Sara H