For those who m/c naturally...

For those who m/c naturally...

Alli
Alli

May 26th, 2012, 6:21 pm #1

How do they know everything has passed? US?

Teresa
Teresa

May 26th, 2012, 6:41 pm #2

They made me go for betas to make sure the levels were dropping. Had u/s as well but can't remember at what point I did.
Have you been bleeding? I was wondering if you were going to pass nauturally or have the D+C. I hope you are feeling okay and not in any pain.

MargieD
MargieD

May 26th, 2012, 6:52 pm #3

Was not required an u/s...

This experience reminded me how quickly a baby grows in the uterus (and, of course, how small it is at so many weeks)...

Laura
Laura

May 26th, 2012, 7:38 pm #4

She examined me weekly until she felt my uterus had shrunk back down and followed my beta until it was under 5. How long did you bleed? I bled for two weeks total and after the first wk I had two days of heavy bleeding; thick, dark blood with lots of clots and tissue. If you don't think you bled more than a normal AF they might want to check on u/s. it took until after my next AF for my beta to be negative.

May 26th, 2012, 9:17 pm #5

two of them checked by u/s and then the last was by following my beta down to zero, which took weeks.

Alli
Alli

May 26th, 2012, 11:30 pm #6

From 646. I started bleeding again today but not much. Guessing I'll be having a d & c if this doesn't speed up. I just want it over with! It's 100 degrees here so I get to spend Memorial Day wearing pads outside by the pool in shorts sweating to death. Not that I'm trying to bust out the bathing suit in mixed company!!

May 27th, 2012, 4:35 pm #7

Mine was a liitle different - I found out at 7w it was a blighted ovum but didn't mc until 11w. Once it started it took several days to get through the worst of it. My betas had gotten very high though - over 29,000 at the peak. My ob ran bw to follow the beta back down to zero.

It did seem from the mc boards I looked at that experiences varied widely. I would think, though, if you've started bleeding that you'll get through it in the next few days.

Alli
Alli

May 28th, 2012, 6:22 pm #8

I know I prob wont know reason, but how can they tell?

May 29th, 2012, 12:36 am #9

My betas were rising like a normal pregnancy, but at what should have been a 7w u/s, there was only an empty sac. I knew my dates, so I was sure what was going on, but we took a conservative path and watched my betas and though they peaked at 29,000, they started declining after that.

It's considered a blighted ovum when the pregnancy begins normally, but the fetus never develops so you never get as far as a heartbeat. An u/s only ever shows an empty sac. I waited out a natural m/c which finally happened at 11w. Was not a great experience, and I'd definitely more strongly consider a d&c if faced with the decision again.