Finally a BFP, but concerned about beta #.... is this too high?

Finally a BFP, but concerned about beta #.... is this too high?

anonymous
anonymous

June 4th, 2011, 3:16 am #1

I got a +OPK on CD 10 and CD 11 and BBT rose on CD 13. FF thinks I O'd on CD12, so I think I am 15 dpo today and I got my first beta at 565. This seems kind of high for 15 dpo - is there any reason to be concerned?

June 4th, 2011, 11:32 am #2

First of all, I just think you've got a healthy PG there, so congrats!

If this is a natural conception, then it's hard to say 100% when you actually O'd, even though you charted and took OPKs. And, not to freak you out, but you could have more than one in there, even with a natural conception! (Even more likely if you used ART.)

Personally, I've always had high betas. For this PG, mine was 348 at 14 dpo, so if you do the math, I probably would've been in the 500s at 15 dpo, too. And I'm PG with a singleton. Same is true for my last PG, which resulted in my healthy DS who'll be two at the end of July.

Hang in there. I'm wishing you all the best!

Hugs,
Meg

JuelsM
JuelsM

June 4th, 2011, 2:14 pm #3

I got a +OPK on CD 10 and CD 11 and BBT rose on CD 13. FF thinks I O'd on CD12, so I think I am 15 dpo today and I got my first beta at 565. This seems kind of high for 15 dpo - is there any reason to be concerned?
I agree w/ pp... there could definitely be 2 in there even w/ a natural pregnancy. My first beta was 554 17dpo and I am pregnant w/ one. Congrats!

anon for now...
anon for now...

June 4th, 2011, 4:47 pm #4

If this is a natural conception, then it's hard to say 100% when you actually O'd, even though you charted and took OPKs. And, not to freak you out, but you could have more than one in there, even with a natural conception! (Even more likely if you used ART.)

Personally, I've always had high betas. For this PG, mine was 348 at 14 dpo, so if you do the math, I probably would've been in the 500s at 15 dpo, too. And I'm PG with a singleton. Same is true for my last PG, which resulted in my healthy DS who'll be two at the end of July.

Hugs,
Meg
We only BD'd on CD 10 and CD 11, so I know it had to be close to those dates. This is my second pg and I remember my beta at 14dpo with my last pg was around 100, then 250 a couple of days later. Dr. Google had me a little freaked out about high betas, but I'll try to stop googling and wait until my next beta on Monday. How high is considered too high (to be at risk for molar or downs)?

Thanks for sharing your info - makes me feel better to know that others have been this high with good results.

anonymous
anonymous

June 4th, 2011, 4:48 pm #5

I agree w/ pp... there could definitely be 2 in there even w/ a natural pregnancy. My first beta was 554 17dpo and I am pregnant w/ one. Congrats!
Thanks! n/t

Kelly
Kelly

June 4th, 2011, 9:26 pm #6

Hugs,
Meg
My first beta was 477 and I am preg with singleton.

Some women tend to have high betas and sometimes high betas means multiples.

June 5th, 2011, 1:47 am #7

We only BD'd on CD 10 and CD 11, so I know it had to be close to those dates. This is my second pg and I remember my beta at 14dpo with my last pg was around 100, then 250 a couple of days later. Dr. Google had me a little freaked out about high betas, but I'll try to stop googling and wait until my next beta on Monday. How high is considered too high (to be at risk for molar or downs)?

Thanks for sharing your info - makes me feel better to know that others have been this high with good results.
think along those terms. I know it's reaaalllly hard, trust me, I was doing the same thing for my last PG when the results came back so high. This time, though, it didn't bother me. I don't know if there is a threshold or "danger zone" for the things you mention. I kind of doubt it, as everyone is different. When I mentioned the same worry to my RE's nurse during an appt. following a very high beta, she looked at me like I was nuts. She said "we LOVE high betas here. They're good news, so don't worry."

Huge hugs. Stay away from Dr. Google.

Meg

June 6th, 2011, 4:46 am #8

multiples? Or some other condition indicative of high hcg?

Yeah, it's kinda high but not if you're having a multiple pg. It could even be normal for a singleton. With my 2 pgs on exactly 15 dpo hcg was 172 for ds #1 and 415 for ds #2. So big difference but a singleton every time.

I'm guessing that at least you have one healthy baby in there.

Congrats.
Z.

anon for now...
anon for now...

June 7th, 2011, 8:37 am #9

think along those terms. I know it's reaaalllly hard, trust me, I was doing the same thing for my last PG when the results came back so high. This time, though, it didn't bother me. I don't know if there is a threshold or "danger zone" for the things you mention. I kind of doubt it, as everyone is different. When I mentioned the same worry to my RE's nurse during an appt. following a very high beta, she looked at me like I was nuts. She said "we LOVE high betas here. They're good news, so don't worry."

Huge hugs. Stay away from Dr. Google.

Meg
I appreciate your note.