Erin

Erin

Teresa
Teresa

August 3rd, 2012, 10:24 pm #1

Ive been thinking of you and wondering if you were able to find a new OB practice.

How are you doing/feeling? I hope things are better now and that you have a great weekend!

T

Erin
Erin

August 6th, 2012, 3:03 pm #2

Hi Teresa! So nice of you to think of me. I'm doing okay, but still having some issues, the biggest of which is nightly belly pain (while I'm trying to sleep). I went and saw an OB in my office and had an u/s where all looked good (cervix is 6cm and closed) and working theory is that the pain is from all the adhesions (like inner scar tissue) from my previous surgeries that are getting pushed around and broken and expanding from the growing uterus. But it's hard to prove that theory (and it's hard to sleep) so it's still making me nervous. Meanwhile, I'm still pretty tired and still vomiting about every other day, which is unpleasant, but tolerable. I guess I kind-of thought I'd be experiencing a "second trimester glow" by 16wks, you know? I have a prenatal visit tomorrow and we'll check for iron deficiency anemia which I'm prone to, so that may be contributing... Ugh.

Meanwhile, I am meeting with 2 new OB practices this week. One is an all-midwife practice that I really wanted to join in the first place, but got rejected b/c of a really nutty affiliated OB (it's a long story). I'm not terribly hopeful about that one, and they're making me "prove my case" for why I'm an okay patient for them on Thurs... Not really a welcoming start. I also have a visit with a solo-OB on Friday that is very hard to get into but happened to have an opening for deliveries in January. That could be more promising, but we'll see. I'm also told that the 50/50 coverage with my current practice is already going horribly (I could have predicted this from my small interaction the other week!) but it's possible I might not have to switch at all. I guess it's all up in the air right now which is a little hard, but I'm dealing.

How are you? Your postings have a little more happiness/relief behind them lately it seems maybe? You're solidly into your 2nd trimester now which is AMAZING! I'm so happy for you! Thanks again for checking in and hope you're doing great (and perhaps have that "glow" I've been unable to achieve? ).

Teresa
Teresa

August 6th, 2012, 7:10 pm #3

I'm glad you're hanging in there and I hope by the end of the week, you'll know which practice you'll be with for the remainder of your pregnancy. I'm sure you'll be very relieved to have this behind you. Why do they need to make you prove your case? Ugh sounds like more work than you need right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get in with that solo OB, sounds very promising! I'm sorry you're even having to deal with all of this. I hope you'll update what happens.

Does the belly pain only come at night? Is there anything they can do to help ease it? Scar tissue sounds very painful, you poor thing. I am finding it increasingly difficult to fall and stay asleep, I have alot of stretching going on in there and forget about the back pain. The Dr told me my fibroid can also contribute so while it's not the same as scar tissue and maybe not as painful, it still is a nuisance!

Since you shared, I have to tell you, you are not alone. I thought it was just me, but this second tri "honeymoon" has not hit me yet, either- that's for sure. Still nauseaus, though not as bad but still have horrific acne, and I have been more exhausted in the past 3 weeks than I was ever in the first tri. Everyone talks of this "glow" I wish mine would come too. I look awful, feel awful. I am 5'3 and have (HAD) a small frame before getting pregnant, well my boobs have blown up to 38DDDD and THAT bra size is now tight. I can't even walk around for too long because they are so heavy and my back aches really bad. I havent been sleeping well because I'm a side switcher and every time I do (which is often) it's really hard to flip with these huge monsters. I feel bad complaining because I wanted this so bad...but being pregnant is really hard. Hopefully these issues will get better for both of us...but hey we are almost 1/2 way there.

Thanks for updating and my swollen fingers and toes will be crossed for you that everything works out the way you're hoping for this week with the drs and you are feeling great SOON! xoxo

Erin
Erin

August 6th, 2012, 7:53 pm #4

Thanks for relating Teresa! Makes me feel much better, even if I'm very sorry you're not "glowing" either! A funny story- this weekend, I went to a bridal shower and bachelorette party with some of my close friends. I had a zit the size of Texas right next to my mouth that was starting to peak (ew) and my friends (bless their little hearts) kept aiming their cameras right at my boobs and taking pictures! They were the talk of the party! I'm 5'2" also with a small frame and my boobs are already out of control. My belly however has still not really taken off and one of my good friends (in the nicest way possible) told me that I'm in that "awkward phase" of pregnancy where I really just look fat... (Unfortunately, I think I agree!). So, now I'm the fat, large-breasted, pimple-faced, chronically tired and occasionally vomiting insomniac. Not so glow-y, eh? Thanks for sharing and especially for commiserating! May we both start glowing soon!

August 7th, 2012, 2:34 am #5

I'm glad you're hanging in there and I hope by the end of the week, you'll know which practice you'll be with for the remainder of your pregnancy. I'm sure you'll be very relieved to have this behind you. Why do they need to make you prove your case? Ugh sounds like more work than you need right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get in with that solo OB, sounds very promising! I'm sorry you're even having to deal with all of this. I hope you'll update what happens.

Does the belly pain only come at night? Is there anything they can do to help ease it? Scar tissue sounds very painful, you poor thing. I am finding it increasingly difficult to fall and stay asleep, I have alot of stretching going on in there and forget about the back pain. The Dr told me my fibroid can also contribute so while it's not the same as scar tissue and maybe not as painful, it still is a nuisance!

Since you shared, I have to tell you, you are not alone. I thought it was just me, but this second tri "honeymoon" has not hit me yet, either- that's for sure. Still nauseaus, though not as bad but still have horrific acne, and I have been more exhausted in the past 3 weeks than I was ever in the first tri. Everyone talks of this "glow" I wish mine would come too. I look awful, feel awful. I am 5'3 and have (HAD) a small frame before getting pregnant, well my boobs have blown up to 38DDDD and THAT bra size is now tight. I can't even walk around for too long because they are so heavy and my back aches really bad. I havent been sleeping well because I'm a side switcher and every time I do (which is often) it's really hard to flip with these huge monsters. I feel bad complaining because I wanted this so bad...but being pregnant is really hard. Hopefully these issues will get better for both of us...but hey we are almost 1/2 way there.

Thanks for updating and my swollen fingers and toes will be crossed for you that everything works out the way you're hoping for this week with the drs and you are feeling great SOON! xoxo

I had challenges sleeping. By 20 weeks I had this crazy system with 3+ pillows of all different lengths, fills etc. I thought the OB was crazy suggesting the set up but it was heaven. I really felt like I was breaking up with my pillows when I finally had a baby! My husband was oh so glad to see them go. I had a full body pillow that my head partially rested on but that I put between my legs. So my knees, breasts, and future growing belly rested on the pillow. I had another pillow for my head. And a third pillow that I rolled up - I think it was feather and I tucked behind the small of my back. Back support is huge for the belly and chest. So try out different positions. I started sleeping so much better with my pillow system!