Elise Violet is here!

Elise Violet is here!

Kristen
Kristen

February 19th, 2012, 2:51 pm #1

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about me over the past week. It has been a crazy week, but I couldn't wait to get back online to post our birth story... so here it is!

The hospital called me at 5 am on Friday the 10th and instructed me to be there by 8am for the planned induction. I didn't sleep at all the night before because I was so stressed about what was coming (I dont recommend sleep deprivation the night prior to the arrival of your baby!). Everything we tried to get labor going on our own failed - the eggplant parmesan from the local restaurant, sweeping the membranes, walking, BD, pressure points - this baby girl just didn't want to come out yet! I remember looking in the mirror at my huge belly that morning as I was getting ready to go and thinking that my belly was the most beautiful belly ever - I didn't feel ready for my pregnancy to be over.

But we arrived at the hospital at 8, were checked-in and began monitoring the baby. Then, we waited... and waited... and waited... finally around 10am, my doctor appeared and told me that the baby was doing fine and if I really wanted to wait until Monday, I could. But, I didn't feel that I would be any less anxious about it a couple of days later, the weekend would be really long, and I had the best doctor in the practice on call that day. So, I decided to just go with it. We started the Pitocin drip at 11am and waited.

The doctors monitored my contractions and the baby all day and I was pleased to see that I didn't need increasing levels of Pitocin to kick start the process - they actually continued to lower the levels throughout the day as my body began to get to work. However, from my hospital exams throughout the day, it seemed unlikely that little miss Elise would have come prior to a Monday induction anyway - my cervix was still only 75% effaced, 2-3 cm dilated and WAY up high. It took the entire day and into the night before we saw the big changes. Finally at some point, my body went into active labor, I guess around 10pm and I was dilated to a 6 - I think it was about the time I began screaming for an epidural. Once the epidural came, I dilated from a 6 to a 10 in about 30 minutes and was ready to push. I felt the effects of the epidural much stronger than I did with my DS. I couldn't feel my legs or move them and it was actually uncomfortable to me. I really couldnt feel much as I pushed either and had to rely on my OB to help guide the pushing process, but about 18 minutes later baby Elise was born!

I was on edge and waiting for that first cry and when I finally heard it I started to cry uncontrollably too. Then they placed my beautiful girl on my chest for me to hold for the first time and I couldn't even speak, I could only cry. It is really indescribable and truly amazing to meet this little baby who we created and lived inside me for over 10 months.

The nurses then picked her up and brought her over for the medical evaluation where she screamed the whole time. When they finally brought her back to me (still screaming) - I was finally able to speak to her and when she heard my voice, she immediately stopped crying. She then began trying to open her eyes and squinted to see me. Once her eyes adjusted, she was able to look into mine and was so quiet and peaceful - it was just amazing to be filled with so much love...

Elise Violet came into this world at 11:09 pm on Friday, February 10th and weighed 8lbs 14 oz and was 22.5 inches long. All of my doctors thought she would be small - nope! She was bigger than my DS!

After all of our struggles, I still find it so hard to believe that we were even lucky enough to blessed again and especially with this beautiful baby girl. It is a dream come true and we are so in love.

All the best,

Kristen

Sara H
Sara H

February 19th, 2012, 3:23 pm #2

Congratulations! What a wonderful story (now that it is safely over!

So glad you little girl is here!

HUGS!
Sara H

February 19th, 2012, 3:31 pm #3

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about me over the past week. It has been a crazy week, but I couldn't wait to get back online to post our birth story... so here it is!

The hospital called me at 5 am on Friday the 10th and instructed me to be there by 8am for the planned induction. I didn't sleep at all the night before because I was so stressed about what was coming (I dont recommend sleep deprivation the night prior to the arrival of your baby!). Everything we tried to get labor going on our own failed - the eggplant parmesan from the local restaurant, sweeping the membranes, walking, BD, pressure points - this baby girl just didn't want to come out yet! I remember looking in the mirror at my huge belly that morning as I was getting ready to go and thinking that my belly was the most beautiful belly ever - I didn't feel ready for my pregnancy to be over.

But we arrived at the hospital at 8, were checked-in and began monitoring the baby. Then, we waited... and waited... and waited... finally around 10am, my doctor appeared and told me that the baby was doing fine and if I really wanted to wait until Monday, I could. But, I didn't feel that I would be any less anxious about it a couple of days later, the weekend would be really long, and I had the best doctor in the practice on call that day. So, I decided to just go with it. We started the Pitocin drip at 11am and waited.

The doctors monitored my contractions and the baby all day and I was pleased to see that I didn't need increasing levels of Pitocin to kick start the process - they actually continued to lower the levels throughout the day as my body began to get to work. However, from my hospital exams throughout the day, it seemed unlikely that little miss Elise would have come prior to a Monday induction anyway - my cervix was still only 75% effaced, 2-3 cm dilated and WAY up high. It took the entire day and into the night before we saw the big changes. Finally at some point, my body went into active labor, I guess around 10pm and I was dilated to a 6 - I think it was about the time I began screaming for an epidural. Once the epidural came, I dilated from a 6 to a 10 in about 30 minutes and was ready to push. I felt the effects of the epidural much stronger than I did with my DS. I couldn't feel my legs or move them and it was actually uncomfortable to me. I really couldnt feel much as I pushed either and had to rely on my OB to help guide the pushing process, but about 18 minutes later baby Elise was born!

I was on edge and waiting for that first cry and when I finally heard it I started to cry uncontrollably too. Then they placed my beautiful girl on my chest for me to hold for the first time and I couldn't even speak, I could only cry. It is really indescribable and truly amazing to meet this little baby who we created and lived inside me for over 10 months.

The nurses then picked her up and brought her over for the medical evaluation where she screamed the whole time. When they finally brought her back to me (still screaming) - I was finally able to speak to her and when she heard my voice, she immediately stopped crying. She then began trying to open her eyes and squinted to see me. Once her eyes adjusted, she was able to look into mine and was so quiet and peaceful - it was just amazing to be filled with so much love...

Elise Violet came into this world at 11:09 pm on Friday, February 10th and weighed 8lbs 14 oz and was 22.5 inches long. All of my doctors thought she would be small - nope! She was bigger than my DS!

After all of our struggles, I still find it so hard to believe that we were even lucky enough to blessed again and especially with this beautiful baby girl. It is a dream come true and we are so in love.

All the best,

Kristen
your birth story has me tearing up all over the place

Well done, mama. I hope you print this story out for her to read when she's older. She'll love reading about your immense love for her (not that she'll need to be reminded but as teenagers... ugh, the teenage years! lol)

thank you so much for coming and sharing her birth story.

hugs
jm

me:42, DH 44
FSH 26
DS: born by c-sec Apr15'03, 9lbs5oz 41wks gest. (after 4 years of ttc, starting in 1998)
DD born by c-sec Oct 13 2007, 8lbs13oz 39wk gest. (after just under 3 years of ttc)
~~DS was conceived naturally the cycle following a cancelled DE IVF, using my good friend's eggs. She was on the verge of hyperstimming.
~~DD's nat conception I attribute to using OPKs like a crazy nut, eating grapefruit daily and using preseed. also 5 cycles of TCM ending 2 cycles before that lucky cycle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nadia ( from other board)
Nadia ( from other board)

February 19th, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

Congratulations! What a wonderful story (now that it is safely over!

So glad you little girl is here!

HUGS!
Sara H
Thankfully safe and sound. Enjoy all kodak mOments.

Nadia

Nadia 
Me 31
POF since 2004
DH super duper

Brief history
Feb 2011 to nov 2011 hrt and no af. 
Dhea feb =3.  Oct =5. Jan. =117
Tyroid panel normal

Will be testing karyotype, parathyroid and testosterone.  

Current protocol 
-Began hrt Feb 2012 with added 2 mg estradiol to bring an AF. 
-taking b-complex, b12 shots
-  50000 iui of vit D per week       
-winter cherry for high cortisol                   -RR leaf tea, milk thistle 
-dhea 50mg every few days only. 

Recent bw
my bw Jan 2012. Normal ranges ()
E2 less than 10!!! 
Dheas 107umol/L (98-315)  
fsh = 55
 Cortisol =615 (171-535). 
B12 =127 (148-738). 
Vid d deficient 
Calcium serum 2.60 (2.12-2.55)  
act hormone 44 (6-56).   

Any comments very welcome. I'm just goin with da flow. 

Bethpky
Bethpky

February 19th, 2012, 3:42 pm #5

All the best,

Kristen
The part about you talking to Elise and her stopping the crying melted my heart. Congratulations and good luck to you in the coming weeks.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

February 19th, 2012, 4:21 pm #6

All the best,

Kristen
She sounds as precious as can be and just in time to be your favorite Valentine this year!

Enjoy her!!

Congrats to DH and DS too!

Adee
Adee

February 19th, 2012, 4:41 pm #7

All the best,

Kristen
This is so beautiful!

Laura
Laura

February 19th, 2012, 5:31 pm #8

All the best,

Kristen
Great story. Have fun with her!

February 19th, 2012, 7:03 pm #9

All the best,

Kristen
Your baby recognizing and calming to your voice was just beautiful.
I am so happy to hear of a very peaceful reunion. Best to you all.

Alli
Alli

February 19th, 2012, 7:53 pm #10

All the best,

Kristen
Glad you have an amazing story. Love her name!!