Dr visit (m/c ment)

Dr visit (m/c ment)

Alli
Alli

May 23rd, 2012, 3:29 pm #1

The US showed an empty gestational sac but they couldn't definitively rule out an ectopic so we are getting betas today and next week. If nothing has passed by then, I will need a D & C. The dr doesn't like giving the pill because he has had several women take it then still have to do D & C's. Hoping to pass naturally soon. I'd honestly prefer to do the surgery because it is predictable for downtown time with the kids and for childcare purposes.

Thanks for all the hugs and support!

Teresa
Teresa

May 23rd, 2012, 3:55 pm #2

You've been on my mind often these past few days.
If you do have to do the D+C, its not that bad at all and you will feel physically "okay" in a few days. Your first AF might be a bit heavy but it's a pretty quick recovery.
I have passed m/c's naturally and had D+C's and my better experience was the D+C's, physically and emotionally.
You remain in my prayers, you are very strong.
xoxo

Alli
Alli

May 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm #3

The US showed an empty gestational sac but they couldn't definitively rule out an ectopic so we are getting betas today and next week. If nothing has passed by then, I will need a D & C. The dr doesn't like giving the pill because he has had several women take it then still have to do D & C's. Hoping to pass naturally soon. I'd honestly prefer to do the surgery because it is predictable for downtown time with the kids and for childcare purposes.

All of the nurses, techs, etc that I come across ask me about the conception of my trips. I poin out each time that I had to go out of town because the clinic here wouldn't treat me. A few have responded with nods of understanding. My US tech asked if stats were a concern and I said of course! She just smiled.

Alli
Alli

May 23rd, 2012, 4:20 pm #4

You've been on my mind often these past few days.
If you do have to do the D+C, its not that bad at all and you will feel physically "okay" in a few days. Your first AF might be a bit heavy but it's a pretty quick recovery.
I have passed m/c's naturally and had D+C's and my better experience was the D+C's, physically and emotionally.
You remain in my prayers, you are very strong.
xoxo
Thanks girl (nt)

lucy999
lucy999

May 23rd, 2012, 5:25 pm #5

All of the nurses, techs, etc that I come across ask me about the conception of my trips. I poin out each time that I had to go out of town because the clinic here wouldn't treat me. A few have responded with nods of understanding. My US tech asked if stats were a concern and I said of course! She just smiled.
hope all ends well one way or the other. hugs

jkl
jkl

May 23rd, 2012, 5:30 pm #6

I actually lost a lot of blood, I probably should have had it right off the bat. I had a good D and C experience (if such exists). My only worry was any scarring from the procedure but if you are done you don't even have to worry about that. Definitely push them to have it if it seems to be dragging on.

Do you know your dates? I think I would want to be past the point where there is chance there could be a viable baby there, just to be sure. I have been thinking about you dealing with this with the three kids, I'm sure it is not easy, take care.

jkl

ps, glad you are enjoying reminding them they would not treat you, I also like to spread this around about my original clinic, so fun! I actually had to bring my dd once to the ped who was the husband of my original RE (who would not do IVF on me). I was so tempted to bring it up but I wimped out. I should have said, tell you wife hi for me, this is my dd who would not be here if I had kept seeing her.

May 23rd, 2012, 6:29 pm #7

Dr had 2 others look at the US too and said nonviable. I was confused because the US tech didn't say anything (as instructed I'm sure) but then dr cleared it up.

Jkl- you should have told that ped about your DD!
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Sara H
Sara H

May 23rd, 2012, 6:43 pm #8

I hope it goes easily for you, as easily as these things can.

I am sending you a huge hug and love,
and I wish you did not have to go though this.
Sara H

mel
mel

May 23rd, 2012, 7:15 pm #9

Again, I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this.

Good for you for reminding the dr and staff that they wouldn't treat you!

Sending hugs.

ALM
ALM

May 24th, 2012, 4:43 am #10

Alli, I'm so sorry to read this. I know that you have a full house, but that doesn't make it any less painful. Peace to you.