DOR and pregnancy

DOR and pregnancy

scared and anxious
scared and anxious

January 11th, 2012, 2:48 pm #1

I just got a BFP a couple of days ago and had my first beta yesterday. Is there anything to be concerned about with DOR and pregnancy? Does DOR mean you need to have any additional tests to watch for hormone levels or are you more likely to miscarry, etc.?

I've been having some more minor pains/cramping in my uterus off and on. Last night it was even a severe stabbing pain, but that only lasted a short time and there was no bleeding or anything.

Honestly, I'm so nervous I feel like I'm barely enjoying this.

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP

January 11th, 2012, 2:56 pm #2

that this was through Clomid/IUI.

January 11th, 2012, 3:27 pm #3

I just got a BFP a couple of days ago and had my first beta yesterday. Is there anything to be concerned about with DOR and pregnancy? Does DOR mean you need to have any additional tests to watch for hormone levels or are you more likely to miscarry, etc.?

I've been having some more minor pains/cramping in my uterus off and on. Last night it was even a severe stabbing pain, but that only lasted a short time and there was no bleeding or anything.

Thanks for your help!
I have the study somewhere, but no more chance of m/c than women of the same age. Congrats! I had lots of cramping, etc so is normal.

b&a72
b&a72

January 11th, 2012, 4:27 pm #4

Thanks for your help!
There have been quite a few studies using traditional ivf, and ivf with CGH and both showed no links between high fsh, low amh, and misscariage. There have also been studies done where dor women and fertile women that conceived naturally where follwed throuhout there pregnancy and there was not a significant difference in misscarraige rate. Unfortunatley IF and DOR in general robs us of our happiness and excitment in the first trimester because of the fear of misscariage. I am 11 weeks today and have not stopped worrying since finding out.

JulesM
JulesM

January 11th, 2012, 5:20 pm #5

Thanks for your help!
No evidence of increased risk of m/c. I don't think any of us with IF are able to enjoy the 1st trimester... you aren't alone. I didn't allow myself to believe my pregnancy would really bring me a baby until about 17-18 weeks!

Congrats on you BFP!!

OP
OP

January 11th, 2012, 6:56 pm #6

Thanks for your help!
and reassurance. And I'm also glad to know I am not alone. I am very uptight and can't seem to concentrate at work. I thought after getting my BFP I would be over the moon, and while I am I also can't believe how scared I am.

January 11th, 2012, 7:01 pm #7

Thanks for your help!
What your fsh and amh levels were? Just looking for a little inspiration. : )

OP
OP

January 11th, 2012, 7:37 pm #8

My highest FSH was 13-somthing and AMH was .54. However, my FSH was in the normal range on CD 2 the month I conceived.

Also, I am a Fragile X premutation "grayzone" carrier. HOWEVER, while my number of mutations is above normal, it is low enough that a geneticist didn't think it was causing my DOR and said there was no reason for genetic testing or to be concerned of my offspring having fragile X. She said that it may be a concern several generations from now, but who even knows what sort of technolog will be available for my great grandkids and great great grandkids.

One thing working for us, though, is that my DH had a high sperm count. It was above what the lab even said was the normal range. My DH looked it up online and apparently he is in the top 1 percent. Of course, leave it to a man to look up his sperm count online to find out how "good" it is-lol!!! Honestly, I am shocked it was high 'cause my DH isn't even particularly young (he is 36 soon to be 37) and doesn't have the healthiest lifestyle - he has slightly high blood pressure, a high stress job, never exercises, eats poorly and prior to a could of months ago we regularly sat in our jacuzzi. The only thing I can say is that he spends about half of his day up walking around (he is a medical doctor) so I wonder if the fact he isn't sitting on his boys all day maybe helps.