Do you think there is an increased risk of mc?

Do you think there is an increased risk of mc?

March 23rd, 2012, 2:16 pm #1

Hi Ladies!
Today was my sister's second beta and we are anxiously awaiting the results. With her high FSH at 20 and low AMH of .2 combined with her DH's morph being between 0 and 1%, do you think there is an increased risk of mc for her? She also had some spotting about 8dpo and it lasted a few days but has since stopped. I am just so worried. Is there a correlation between high FSH, low AMH and mc?

March 23rd, 2012, 6:20 pm #2

No! I cant find the study, but there is one out there proving m/c is age related, not fsh related.

Here also is a Sher blog about it. Check out the last paragraph

http://www.ivfauthority.com/2009/06/egg ... tical.html
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

anna
anna

March 23rd, 2012, 6:34 pm #3

Hi Ladies!
Today was my sister's second beta and we are anxiously awaiting the results. With her high FSH at 20 and low AMH of .2 combined with her DH's morph being between 0 and 1%, do you think there is an increased risk of mc for her? She also had some spotting about 8dpo and it lasted a few days but has since stopped. I am just so worried. Is there a correlation between high FSH, low AMH and mc?
I don't really know, but she should definitely ask for the exact beta value both from today and 2 days ago, also exact p4 and It's helpful to check E2 level as well.

anna
anna

March 23rd, 2012, 10:42 pm #4

Hi Ladies!
did she the beta value for today?

b&a72
b&a72

March 23rd, 2012, 10:52 pm #5

Hi Ladies!
M/C is realated to age not FSH, Sperm, or AMH. There is more then one study on pubmed and the oxford journal on this subject. I had an AMH of 0.2, FSH of 19, and the hubby had 1% normal morphology and I am currently pregnant with twins.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:55 pm #6

Hi Ladies!
She had her blood drawn at 8am and they told her they would call her but they have not. She is so anxious. She called earlier this afternoon but the receptionist said a nurse would have to call her.

March 23rd, 2012, 11:27 pm #7

No! I cant find the study, but there is one out there proving m/c is age related, not fsh related.

Here also is a Sher blog about it. Check out the last paragraph

http://www.ivfauthority.com/2009/06/egg ... tical.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15016786
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

March 23rd, 2012, 11:54 pm #8

Hi Ladies!
My sister just called crying. Her first beta was 50 and today it was 52. I am sick. I can't help her.

anna
anna

March 24th, 2012, 12:11 am #9

I am so sorry to hear that, but the fact that she had a chemical is a very good news, it means her husbands sperm cant fertilize an egg and her eggs are of a some good quality that could fertilize and implant. Its a big step by itself and it gives so much hope for future.

But I have one advice for you, I am worried about you, you are pregnant and please dont stress out yourself, its not good for you and the baby. SHE WILL GET prg sooner or later. She is young, she has the resources, and etc..
I say that because when I was going thru IF my moms life was the same as yours, she was online on her phone researching for me and would go to fertility seminars and etc to be able to help me and seeing her being on pain because of me was so stressful, maybe if I say seeing her going to therapy because of my IF gave me more stress than the IF itself, to the point that I decide to tell her that I am taking a break from TTC and when I did my last IVF I didnt tell her anything till after the transfer, so I understand the bond between you and your SIS.

And one note, the nurse should have told her that her beta was 50 2 days ago, I mean 50 is not bad, but its not excellent, so at least she would have not keep her hopes up.

I am sorry and I am looking forward to future good news from you.

March 24th, 2012, 3:03 am #10

that her beta was 50. She spent the last two days with so much hope and joy. I really think she would have had more realistic expectations if they would have told her.