Do most obgyn give progesterone for natural pg?

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 9th, 2011, 5:49 pm #1

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 9th, 2011, 5:52 pm #2

unfortunately they do not. Only if you show signs of spotting might they intervene. But other than that you're on your own.

Kate
Kate

March 9th, 2011, 8:37 pm #3

Was to give progesterone support after ovulation IN CASE of pregnancy (natural or IUI/IVF/medicated/etc). Especially for IVF (required). But my OB, when I went in at 5 weeks for beta testing and progesterone tests, explained that if progesterone is low at that point, they would put me on support, however, most studies show that unless progesterone support begins before/around implantation, there is little benefit. Maybe that's why most docs don't prescribe it for natural pregnancies--by the time you've found out you have a little one in there, it's too late for progesterone support to really help. You just have faith that your body made a lining good enough to get the little one burrowed in deep enough to make HCG, it will keep making good stuff happen down there!

Good luck, though
Kate

Shipin
Shipin

March 9th, 2011, 11:51 pm #4

Might be in special cases but mostly no. Even when u graduate from RE to OB before the end of 1st trimester you might have to really explain and take ur OB into confidence to permit him/her to continue on P4 till the end of 1st trimester.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 10th, 2011, 1:16 am #5

my OB was a bit moronic about this...telling me that using progesterone was controversial. Go suck an egg dr.!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 10th, 2011, 1:56 am #6

Mine did. N/t

Shipin
Shipin

March 10th, 2011, 4:48 am #7

my OB was a bit moronic about this...telling me that using progesterone was controversial. Go suck an egg dr.!!
Had explained me that using too much of p4 is not good for the fetus if its a female. They tend to give more manly characteristics. However she did understand that it was also important to sustain the pregnancy in my case, so she agreed to use my RE's weening schedule.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 10th, 2011, 4:59 pm #8

My good friend who does not have any known fertility issues was just recently prescribed progesterone support by her OB when her progesterone level was only 10 at her beta. I think so do prescribe but some don't believe it helps.